Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Possibly) First "Review" of Chinese Democracy - Sort of!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Possibly) First "Review" of Chinese Democracy - Sort of!  (Read 49214 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2006, 09:27:31 AM »

I've been gone for a week and already I'm in GNR overload.  I'm not going to read all of this but I must ask, did this person who reviewed CD ever mention a tracklist?

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2006, 09:30:22 AM »

No, the review is bullshit too.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2006, 09:32:29 AM »

No, the review is bullshit too.
Right on.  Thanks. ok

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2006, 09:44:37 AM »

The review itself is bullshit, it doesn't tell us anything... except for the fact that the guy actually heard the CD, no indication of what the songs are like.  Like I've said before though, just because it's written vaguely and doesn't give any new information doesn't make it untrue.  Just that the guy obviously doesn't write reviews for a living.  I wouldn't call it a review.  More or less just a statement of hearing the album and liking what he heard.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2006, 01:36:31 PM »

The guy who made the review heard the CD from a Band members brother. supposedly.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 01:47:50 PM by frozen Inferno? » Logged
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2006, 01:43:14 PM »

The guy who made the review heard the CD from a Band members brothers. supposedly.

Current band member, or member that worked on the album at some point?  If the latter is the case, then it's narrowed down to about 75 people.  ok

Steel_Angel
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2006, 01:45:38 PM »

The guy who made the review heard the CD from a Band members brother. supposedly.

Current band member, or member that worked on the album at some point?? If the latter is the case, then it's narrowed down to about 75 people.? ok
Current member ofcourse.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 01:48:17 PM by frozen Inferno? » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »

Sounds like BS, just someone else trying to take a pot shot at the original band  Roll Eyes

yeah I could've done without all the bashing of the old lineup. people tend to forget why we are all here
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2006, 02:40:45 PM »

yeah I could've done without all the bashing of the old lineup. people tend to forget why we are all here

Yeah, the guy is entitled to his own opinions, nonetheless... whether or not those opinions are valid is debatable though.  Either way, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.  If he legitimately knows a GNR family member, then he definitely has a good reason for not disclosing anything about the album, other than that in his opinion it beats out old GNR.  Further, such a relationship to the band would sway one's opinions a little, wouldn't you say?  I hate the fact that there's a rivalry between Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver, but it's obvious that the new members would want to be able to outdo the old members.  Of course, they'd have the support from their families and friends.  Does anyone really think that someone who's a friend of a GNR member's family would say that VR is better or even just as good?  I don't think so.  Axl's band wants to prove that it's better than classic GNR.  That's why I feel they believe they are better and are sending out messages that they are better than the classic line up.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2006, 03:55:13 PM »

I am a long time GnR fan, most of the music I listen to however is Indie. Personally I thought VR Contraband was a manufactured thrown together piece of crap with absolutely no staying power, and I wanted it to be good. I have no bais, I love Slash, Duff and have no problem with Scott, I just thought it was a weak attempt.

Edit: I thought Scott's solo attempt was better than VR. I loved STP (for what they were... glam/grunge) and even bought Talk Show. Belive me if VR had any positive effect on me I would have sang it's praises, I just thought it was extremely lack-luster.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:57:33 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2006, 08:42:14 PM »

Quick question: Why are the 1000 insiders with their 5000 sources speculating like everyone else? They should've known minutes after it was posted whether it was real or not. Instead of insulting people who say its fake, just call one of your many sources and find out.

I will be waiting patiently to see what the radio, retail, and secret sources have to say this time.

Why would anyone in retail have any earthly idea if this was true? Surely there wouldn't be any sort of PR or information passed down through retail about a leak?

Oh, wait....is that sarcasm? From james? Nahhhhhh.....
Here's the thing with the retail aspect of insiders. Until an album is actually ready for release, they dont know shit. There is nothing for them to know besides that, and thats a fact. If this phantom contact does know something, then CD is on the launch pad ready for an imminent release.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2006, 08:03:30 AM »

Quick question: Why are the 1000 insiders with their 5000 sources speculating like everyone else? They should've known minutes after it was posted whether it was real or not. Instead of insulting people who say its fake, just call one of your many sources and find out.

I will be waiting patiently to see what the radio, retail, and secret sources have to say this time.

Why would anyone in retail have any earthly idea if this was true? Surely there wouldn't be any sort of PR or information passed down through retail about a leak?

Here's the thing with the retail aspect of insiders. Until an album is actually ready for release, they dont know shit. There is nothing for them to know besides that, and thats a fact. If this phantom contact does know something, then CD is on the launch pad ready for an imminent release.

Obviously you don't read my posts too closely, eh?

The only thing that person has ever alerted me to is the fact THEY'VE been told to expect a Press Release from the GnR camp.  And that information has always come when OTHER people are hearing the same thing from OTHER places.

That's it.

And that's exactly the type of info I would expect would come out of the retail side of things....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2006, 10:06:56 AM »

this could be 100% true or 100% BS. in any cause we cant bash someone for saying anything like this. for one it seems true. if this guy seid in detail what the art work looked lke he would be fucked. or if he game any names he would be fuck up the ass. and what do you think the moment the album is done they just release it. some times albums are done a year before its out. it takes time to put the album in production. you cant make a million copys in a day. you have to have the first promo copys which are the official product befor its put in to production. this could vary well be true. i belive it in a way.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »

I believe our children are the future.

r1x1d21
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2006, 06:42:01 PM »

First of all I'm not saying that he has or has not heard the album, but what we do know from ads is that chinese democracy, the blues, and madagascar have been mastered (the boston ad in 2002). Who know's what songs axl is using and how much had to actually be mastered for the cd, he has been working on it for years now. This could be true of completely false, but there has been rumurs that the cd is done, with axl's listening sessions and what not. But in the end it comes down to the label and axl's word so who knows.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2006, 04:31:55 AM »

Obviously you don't read my posts too closely, eh?

The only thing that person has ever alerted me to is the fact THEY'VE been told to expect a Press Release from the GnR camp.? And that information has always come when OTHER people are hearing the same thing from OTHER places.

That's it.

And that's exactly the type of info I would expect would come out of the retail side of things....
Yes, I read your posts Pilferk. You are a damn good poster. You always make your points well, and you can debate things without resorting to insults and other immature bullshit. I just think you should quit harping on this retail contact. They know nothing. You and several others have been talking about this "imminent" press release for going on 2 months now. All these sources need to go look up the word imminent in the dictionary. Its like I told Falcon in that John5 thread, all these people with "sources" are just going to keep guessing until they are finally right. The timetable on the imminent release ran out about 2 months ago. Time to take another guess.

Warchild
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2006, 11:51:20 AM »

Only By What your Definition of "Imminent" is.........

or Forthcoming....or Soon........

All in how you percieve the word..........last time I checked "Imminent" did not have a specific time

limit imposed upon it........

WARCHILD
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »

Only By What your Definition of "Imminent" is.........

or Forthcoming....or Soon........

All in how you percieve the word..........last time I checked "Imminent" did not have a specific time

limit imposed upon it........

WARCHILD
hey Warchild. Haven't seen you in awhile. I havent been to mygnr in ages. Please enlighten me on what the word "imminent" means.

crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2006, 06:48:48 PM »

It's obviously been making the rounds, the leaks...Axl playing it to that band on their tour bus...the club listening party...once it goes to duplication and shipment it could leak - still waiting for that "official" date.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
Ann
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »

I have already bought the new album 3 days ago!
It`s true!!!!
It has 9 tracs.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: