Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses Australian Tour - March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses Australian Tour - March 2013  (Read 51776 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »

^^^

Sorry man. I didn't see this here. I just posted a new thread about it. Delete it if you'd like, mate.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2013, 08:01:02 PM »

We like to keep it fresh, so one night will be different from the next. There?s nothing to me that?s more boring than going to see a band and they just play their entire album from beginning to end.

Well, that's bullshit.

There?s a lot of material that is in the can and there?s a lot of ideas that we?ve been throwing around. Everyone?s been sending stuff back and forth, and there?s a lot of stuff ready to go. When we?re ready to make that step, it will happen. It will happen quicker than the last album, let?s put it that way.

So basically, nothing had been done. I've heard every member say the exact same lines time and time again. I have never seen a band so lost and misguided as to what's going to happen as regards to new material. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:05:23 PM by AXLGNR123 » Logged
axlismygod
Opening Act

« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2013, 07:42:14 AM »

can't wait for the perth show. anyone knows how can I meet the band members ? I really wanna get a pic with the guys.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2013, 08:07:31 AM »

We like to keep it fresh, so one night will be different from the next. There?s nothing to me that?s more boring than going to see a band and they just play their entire album from beginning to end.

Well, that's bullshit.

Your comment is bullshit.

Congratulations, you've passed Pointless Posts 101.

There?s a lot of material that is in the can and there?s a lot of ideas that we?ve been throwing around. Everyone?s been sending stuff back and forth, and there?s a lot of stuff ready to go. When we?re ready to make that step, it will happen. It will happen quicker than the last album, let?s put it that way.

So basically, nothing had been done. I've heard every member say the exact same lines time and time again. I have never seen a band so lost and misguided as to what's going to happen as regards to new material. 

Your own assumptions are based on a select quotes from band members.

Your have a few pieces of the puzzle and you think you can see what the whole puzzle is of. Funny shit.

You really have no idea and on top of that, you seem to take quotes and twist them to be negative.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2013, 11:50:06 AM »

Guns, no poses - Interview DJ Ashba

March 1, 2013

Guns N' Roses guitarist DJ Ashba knows there is no point trying to whitewash the reality of life in one of rock'n'roll's most contentious bands.

''It's the craziest roller-coaster ride you'll ever be on,'' laughs the 40-year-old, ''but I wake up every day grateful to be in the position I am. I don't know many guitar players out there who wouldn't kill to be in my spot, so I refuse to take it for granted.''

Ever since the original Guns N' Roses line-up emerged from the Los Angeles club scene with their incendiary debut album in 1987, Appetite for Destruction, extravagant rumour and hedonistic scandal have routinely accompanied the band's 100 million album sales. In the 1990s, reclusive singer Axl Rose took over the group and there was a 17-year gap between studio albums before 2008's Chinese Democracy was released.

The difference, Ashba believes, is that since the current line-up came together in 2009, when he joined with several others, Guns N' Roses have been a band again.

''We're a solid band now,'' Ashba says. ''Before that, members were coming and going and it was a different time. We've toured for four years almost constantly and we haven't missed one show since I've been in the band. All that stuff has come to an end and Axl is very inspired.''

Ashba and fellow guitarist Ron ''Bumblefoot'' Thal have become the band's public face, giving interviews and attending meet-and-greet events with fans. It is a small price to pay for being able to play the iconic lead guitar parts for tracks such as Sweet Child O' Mine, a song that a teenage Daren Jay Ashba practised religiously on his first guitar.

Ashba's ease within a notoriously fractious band may also stem from his outside business interests.

Instead of perpetually obsessing over Guns N' Roses, he plays shows and then focuses on his media consultancy, fashion line and automotive detailing group.

''I always joke that I play guitar for a hobby and that really I'm an entrepreneur,'' he says. ''If you hung out with me at my house you would never know I played in Guns N' Roses. I'm not the guy sitting around patting myself on the back. I don't even like the word 'rock star'.''

GUNS N' ROSES

March 12, 6pm, Allphones Arena, Sydney Olympic Park, ticketek.com.au, 13 28 49, $99-$169.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/guns-no-poses-20130228-2f6va.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »

Well, that's bullshit.

Your comment is bullshit.

Congratulations, you've passed Pointless Posts 101.

Your own assumptions are based on a select quotes from band members.

Your have a few pieces of the puzzle and you think you can see what the whole puzzle is of. Funny shit.

You really have no idea and on top of that, you seem to take quotes and twist them to be negative.

/jarmo

How is my comment bullshit? Dizzy said that "one night will be different from the next," but they essentially play the same set-list every night, give or take a song or two. Hell, go look at Wikipedia for the European tour this past year. It was essentially the same set-list every single show, with maybe a different cover or Shacklers thrown into a show.

See quotes and twist them to be negative? I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. I'm just pointing out the obvious bullshit of a interview with the guy who said this current band is Guns N' Roses when they have nothing to prove that besides playing other people's material. What he said about new material is essentially what every other member has said about new album. "Throwing idea's around," is just like Axl's "we'll see what we can do with the label." They don't know what's going on a regards to knew music. Or they do and their playing coy. Either way, it's been over 4 years since we got Chinese Democracy and there no news about a new album in sight.

And don't bash me or anything, I just want new music from my favorite musician (Axl Rose.) Chinese Democracy was a masterpiece and I would love to see what Axl has up his sleeves as regards to more material. Unfortunately Axl's been downgraded to a nostalgia act playing Vegas shows and on baseball cards with Kip Winger and the chick from the Cherry Pie video. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »

How is my comment bullshit? Dizzy said that "one night will be different from the next," but they essentially play the same set-list every night, give or take a song or two. Hell, go look at Wikipedia for the European tour this past year. It was essentially the same set-list every single show, with maybe a different cover or Shacklers thrown into a show.

Read the whole bit.

They're not playing one album from start to finish every night.

I don't need to go read setlists on Wikipedia, I was there. It was far from boring.  ok

See quotes and twist them to be negative? I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.

Realistic about what?

That you're reading setlists on Wikipedia and base that shows must be boring because of that?

If you were realistic, you'd actually realize 2009 until now has been amazing. We got a band that's touring instead of you complaining about them not doing anything.

I'm just pointing out the obvious bullshit of a interview with the guy who said this current band is Guns N' Roses when they have nothing to prove that besides playing other people's material. What he said about new material is essentially what every other member has said about new album. "Throwing idea's around," is just like Axl's "we'll see what we can do with the label." They don't know what's going on a regards to knew music. Or they do and their playing coy. Either way, it's been over 4 years since we got Chinese Democracy and there no news about a new album in sight.

Sweet Jesus.

A lot of bands play songs that weren't written by the same exact line up that's on stage. Get over it.

And don't bash me or anything, I just want new music from my favorite musician (Axl Rose.) Chinese Democracy was a masterpiece and I would love to see what Axl has up his sleeves as regards to more material. Unfortunately Axl's been downgraded to a nostalgia act playing Vegas shows and on baseball cards with Kip Winger and the chick from the Cherry Pie video. 

You have a very funny way of showing it.

As a fan I'm sure you already know this, but somehow it seems like you and others with you, often conveniently forget it: Guns N' Roses does what they've always done. They do things their way. Don't try to force them to do something just because it works for you. That won't work.

You got some fans thinking that if they whine loud enough, they can force the band into the studio. If they whine about shows, the band won't play any shows and then magically an album will appear. They don't seem to think about the other possibility. That the band won't do anything. Which I guess to them is better than having them play "boring shows with the same setlist".

We've had breaks in the tour, but did we get a new album? All the Internet know-it-alls and wanna-be insiders fail to see this. They've been fans for sooooo long blah blah blah, so they know what Axl needs to do.
I don't know if I ever seen so many managers, song writers, record company executives, lawyers and other music industry professionals in one group of people as I've seen among GN'R fans.  hihi

Don't worry, the band will record/release material when they think it's time to do so. Not when it's convenient for somebody else somewhere else.

You got some so called fans accusing band members of lying when they speak about band related things. Just because the answer doesn't fit their agenda of the day. I'm sorry but I bet Dj, Dizzy, Richard and Ron know more about the band then most of these fans.

If band member A says he's written songs for the band, band member B says they got songs ready and band member C says they haven't been together as a band writing, how the fuck do all these contradict each other? Because they don't!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:46:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »

In the 80's bands would release 2 albums a year (give or take a few months). Granted those albums often were 35-45 minutes long but it was still a satisfying amount of new music..Those days are loooong gone...As much as I'd love new music I accet that there haven't been any announcements for same..I've been passing the time checking out old/recent footage on YouTube..Tons of it..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2013, 08:37:48 AM »

Times have changed. Nowadays people are prepared to spend more money on a cup of coffee than on a song or album. Then they listen to the music on cheap headphones.
We get faster and faster Internet connections, better and better video streaming options (even in HD), yet the music is still compressed files mostly listened to on cheap headphones.. Ironic!

Anyway, the tour starts this week in Perth.  beer

/jarmo

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »

^
And I couldn't be more excited!

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »

Times have changed. Nowadays people are prepared to spend more money on a cup of coffee than on a song or album. Then they listen to the music on cheap headphones.
We get faster and faster Internet connections, better and better video streaming options (even in HD), yet the music is still compressed files mostly listened to on cheap headphones.. Ironic!

Anyway, the tour starts this week in Perth.  beer

/jarmo

Are you going to go Jarmo ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:12 PM »

Yes, I should be there in time for the first show.....

/jarmo

piab70
Opening Act

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2013, 03:20:10 PM »

Jarmo,

Can you please try to take some pictures of the scenery? Always wanted to go there. Have fun!  peace

Pia
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »

There are always great crowds down under, they seem to really appreciate seeing great rock n' roll acts, especially Guns. I think after this set of AUS shows, GN'R might do a run of arena shows in the US... that seems to be the plan ATM I feel.

All those who are seeing the band in Australia, have a great fuckin time.  peace
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »

I have a spare ticket to the Brisbane show if anyone is keen. Email me at jay_st_tm@hotmail.com.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2013, 02:52:09 AM »

I have a spare ticket to the Brisbane show if anyone is keen. Email me at jay_st_tm@hotmail.com.

peace

I heard that Perth and Brisbane show will be canceled...Is this truth or rumor?
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2013, 03:20:48 AM »

I have a spare ticket to the Brisbasone show if anyone is keen. Email me at jay_st_tm@hotmail.com.

peace

Well someone had better tell the band, they will be in Perth this weekend.  rofl

I wouldn't listen to rumours, where did you hear this?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2013, 04:46:05 AM »

I have a spare ticket to the Brisbasone show if anyone is keen. Email me at jay_st_tm@hotmail.com.

peace

Well someone had better tell the band, they will be in Perth this weekend.  rofl

I wouldn't listen to rumours, where did you hear this?

Yeah that's the first I've heard of it.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
gnrfresh
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:34 AM »

Going to Sydney and the 2 Melbourne shows and am super pumped!
Pretty amazing that since 2007 I have seen GnR 5 times, Chinese Democracy was released and now going to see them 3 more times.
As a long time fan I never would have believed I'd be this lucky 10 years a go.
I feel bad for 'fans' who only see the negative as its an awesome feeling to just sit back and simply enjoy the band I love, their music and live performances!!!  peace

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »

Unfortunately you'll always have people who are complaining about what they don't have, or what they won't get, instead of focusing on what they have.
Nobody really cares about what somebody on the other side of the globe, who's not planning on attending anyway, thinks of these shows. They weren't planned with those people in mind anyway!

Going to Sydney and the 2 Melbourne shows and am super pumped!
Pretty amazing that since 2007 I have seen GnR 5 times, Chinese Democracy was released and now going to see them 3 more times.

Nice!

Melbourne coincides with the F1 Grand Prix. I'm sure there'll be a lot of people from out of town that weekend!

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: