Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR albums and Warrant
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR albums and Warrant  (Read 51176 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 11:14:04 PM »

Hey guys, this simply:

CD IS DEAD IN THE INDUSTRY, NEW FORMAT ALIVE IS DIGITAL

smoking

Ok then...why haven't they digitally recorded or released one song?  I don't think the format is the issue...

Las Vegas 2012 Is Digitally

ok

Indeed it is! And,just because no new music has been released as soon as some people deem necessary doesn't mean none is coming.

All signs point to another release in due time Smiley

Oh yeah, right...and what song did the current lineup record and create in that 2012 digital release???

Sorry for thinking that a band (to be a band) needs to release new music.  It's not really that crazy of a concept.  The only place in the entire world where this notion is dismissed is here.

Also, I'm not sure that "all signs point to another release"...although I do appreciate the glass half full thinking.  Bumble's recent comments certainly cast some doubt as to how much progress has been made on the next album.  That no new songs were played on the most recent tour also indicate nothing has changed.  But Axl's Revolver interview is promising. 
So why are you on a GNR fan forum?

I don't think Ron's highly publicized passive aggressive whinings in the press are truly reflective of GNR's current status on the new album.
Why is it so important that the current lineup be on a release?

2014 has been a very good year for GNR for the real fans and supporters! Looking forward to next step.

Ok so that?s an interesting response.  Why am I on the forum?  I guess you?re asking that because I?m not 100% on board, 100% of the time, with every decision or non-decision made by the band/Axl.  In short, to be on a fan forum you need to have blind faith and never step out of line.

By that logic, why are you on the fan forum?  You?re complaining about Ron and his passive aggressive whining.  Is it ok to criticize some band members but not others?  Or are you assuming Ron's out of the band so it's fair game to pounce on him?  I?m a little confused there.

I?m guessing we?re both on here because GnR is our favorite band.  I do think there are some encouraging signs for new music soon (the biggest sign being Axl?s interview which I have said numerous time on here is a game changer).  But that doesn?t mean I can?t independently think on my own and reach my own conclusions based on what I see.  Sorry, but I?m not going to buy that everything?s on the up and up, going according to plan, and there are no problems.  That?s just not reality?and commenting on how I may think there may be problems (what?s up with Ron, have they recorded one song in 8 years, etc.) doesn?t automatically make me not a fan.

It?s similar to a sports team.  I?m a huge NY Giants fan.  Like GnR, they?ve been my favorite team my entire life.  But?I?m not too happy with the new Offensive Coordinator they brought in, and what the hell are they going to do about the Tight End?  However, come Week 1, I?m still going to be rocking my Bavaro jersey and cheer them on.  Get it?

If you?re looking for blind faith, join a mega-church. I?m here to discuss the band and have real conversations about the current state of affairs (good and bad)?and yes, I do want them to release new music.  Sorry if that doesn?t make me a fan.

Tl;dr

I expected a long winded post attempting to somehow justify and validate whining about the band not operating to suit your every whim. Cheesy

You didn't disappoint! Wink

There's every reason to be positive and looking forward to what comes next with GNR!

Really, that was too long for you to read?  Or is that just a convenient excuse for you not to address anything?  I?ll keep this one short.  I expected you to completely ignore your blatant hypocrisy (i.e. it?s ok for you to whine and complain about Ron but not for me to express my opinion on GnR as a whole).  Got it.  Well played.

Wanting a band to release music is hardly a far-fetched belief, certainly not suiting my every whim.  If that were the case, Axl would be at my birthday party.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »

I've said it multiple times. Wanting new music is great. It means you're interested in it. Awesome. We all want that.

But, there's a fine line between wanting and wanting new music. To the point where it becomes endless moaning about not getting it at your convenience....

For some of you it's tiresome to have to deal with those of us who believe in GN'R and see how amazing the band is, instead of focusing on other things we have no control over. If that's the case, you gotta realize it can get tiresome for some to constantly read the endless opinions about how much certain fans need and/or want a new album.....

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 08:29:59 PM »

I've said it multiple times. Wanting new music is great. It means you're interested in it. Awesome. We all want that.

But, there's a fine line between wanting and wanting new music. To the point where it becomes endless moaning about not getting it at your convenience....

For some of you it's tiresome to have to deal with those of us who believe in GN'R and see how amazing the band is, instead of focusing on other things we have no control over. If that's the case, you gotta realize it can get tiresome for some to constantly read the endless opinions about how much certain fans need and/or want a new album.....

Smiley

/jarmo

Well said! It gets very old hearing some people moan endlessly about new music and why they need new music so badly and desperately that they seem unable to see just how awesome the band already is and enjoying the present Smiley

There were so many occasions just this year to get to a show and have a good time. We have a great dvd blu-ray to enjoy, watch and listen to.

I focus on the positives, and there have been many this year.The people that constantly whine and complain about what they want and what they think they need for them to enjoy the band are boring and annoying.
I enjoy all aspects of the band and dont need things on my terms to appreciate what an amazing band it is, has been, and will be! Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »

Smiley

/jarmo

Well said! It gets very old hearing some people moan endlessly about new music and why they need new music so badly and desperately that they seem unable to see just how awesome the band already is and enjoying the present Smiley

There were so many occasions just this year to get to a show and have a good time. We have a great dvd blu-ray to enjoy, watch and listen to.

I focus on the positives, and there have been many this year.The people that constantly whine and complain about what they want and what they think they need for them to enjoy the band are boring and annoying.
I enjoy all aspects of the band and dont need things on my terms to appreciate what an amazing band it is, has been, and will be! Cheesy

I love how you take things to the extreme (and how you continue to dodge your own hypocrisy).

Because some of us think they should put out new music (you know, like what real bands do) that means we constantly whine and complain, and our lives will never be fulfilled until THEY do what WE want them to do.

To be clear, if they never release another album or song, I?ll still live.  Life will go on.  GnR will still be my favorite band.  Axl will still be my favorite ginger.  If they do release another album, I?ll buy it.  If they tour near me, I?ll go see them, even If it?s still the same setlist.

In the end, it?s just a band.  But if you honestly think that things couldn?t be better, the band is so unpredictable, everything?s going according to plan, etc., then you are drinking the Kool-Aid.  Good for you.  I disagree, but whatever.  However, you seem to have this obsession that if people don?t think your way, then we?re disgruntled, dirty reunionists.  For the record, I don?t think things are bad?I just don?t think they?re all puppies and rainbows.  I did post on the Positives of GNR thread too, as there are some positives this year that I hope they are able to capitalize on.  But I?m not blinded to the point where if something?s weird (i.e. Ron?s current state of limbo with no official word from either side) I?ll pretend it doesn?t exist.  And sorry, but I don't think DJ's better than the old one, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop listening to them.

It is possible for GnR to be your favorite band without believing that everything they do is the greatest thing ever and nothing ever goes wrong.  Your cultish attitude toward them is a little creepy.  Sorry if this was too long for you?I realize you?ve stopped reading a while ago.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 02:29:16 AM »

But if you honestly think that things couldn?t be better, the band is so unpredictable, everything?s going according to plan, etc.,  

Aren't you contradicting yourself there?

If things don't go as planned, doesn't that make something kinda unpredictable?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 08:16:15 AM »

But if you honestly think that things couldn?t be better, the band is so unpredictable, everything?s going according to plan, etc.,  

If things don't go as planned, doesn't that make something kinda unpredictable?  Tongue

/jarmo

I don't think so.  I meant that as people buying into the notion that each show is unpredictable.  A simple perusing of setlist.fm will show you that the shows are not unpredictable, despite how some band members characterize them.  Yet, some folks will refuse to recognize that, because acknowledging that would be putting the band in a bad light, which is impossible to do because things are the best they've ever been and the band has never done anything wrong.  It's ok to not be 100% on board with every decision/comment made by the band.  Jarmo, I get your allegiance...but for the regular Joe/Jane, it doesn't make sense.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 09:16:15 AM »

There is also a fine line between giving a relevant answer to a question asked, and answering with something that has nothing to do with it.

Example :

Q : Man, Axl's interview was great.  Really gives fans hope we might actually get another album.  What sort of time frame do you think is reasonable?

A : They just played Peru this year!  PERU!!  And they released a DVD.

In what rational universe does that answer have anything to do with the question?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 09:23:43 AM »

In the end, it?s just a band.  But if you honestly think that things couldn?t be better, the band is so unpredictable, everything?s going according to plan, etc., then you are drinking the Kool-Aid.  Good for you.  I disagree, but whatever.  However, you seem to have this obsession that if people don?t think your way, then we?re disgruntled, dirty reunionists.  For the record, I don?t think things are bad?I just don?t think they?re all puppies and rainbows.  I did post on the Positives of GNR thread too, as there are some positives this year that I hope they are able to capitalize on.  But I?m not blinded to the point where if something?s weird (i.e. Ron?s current state of limbo with no official word from either side) I?ll pretend it doesn?t exist.  And sorry, but I don't think DJ's better than the old one, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop listening to them.

I also posted in the GNR positives thread, because I also see things that look promising.

But no reasonable human being can always come down that everything that happens was the best possible outcome, nothing can be improved, and everything is tip top.  Its not credible.  You do not come off as a credible person saying these things.

I put in the GNR positives thread that the Vegas residency was good.  That Axl sounded real good, and there were even some setlist surprises.  I said these things because that's what happened.

Back in March, I posted in those show threads that the shows were not so good.  Axl sounded spotty (at best) at most of them, and the setlist was completely uninteresting.  I said those things because that's what happened.

You have to be logical about the things you say.  Otherwise, you just come off as a pom-pom waver.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 09:27:54 AM »

I don't think so.  I meant that as people buying into the notion that each show is unpredictable.  A simple perusing of setlist.fm will show you that the shows are not unpredictable, despite how some band members characterize them.  Yet, some folks will refuse to recognize that, because acknowledging that would be putting the band in a bad light, which is impossible to do because things are the best they've ever been and the band has never done anything wrong.  It's ok to not be 100% on board with every decision/comment made by the band.  Jarmo, I get your allegiance...but for the regular Joe/Jane, it doesn't make sense.

Its just foolishness.  And its only even a thing because we are reacting to what we are told.

If DJ says its going to be a great show, come on out, you'll have a blast...fine.  All bands likely say that.  And I'm not sure who would disagree with such a position.

But when DJ says they have no setlist, things are crazy unpredictable, and they are going to mix it up for people going multiple nights...that draw eye rolls.  Because we know its not true.  And he knows we know that's not true.  At that point, the focus shifts to how ill advised those comments are.

As for the over the top allegiance, we all know Jarmo's deal.  But some of the others, yeah, I have the same reaction.  Its like they think they are going to meet Axl and be able to tell him their screen name so that he can check up on how positive they have been.  I read a lot of these comments with the thinking people actually think Axl is making a Naughty & Nice list of internet posters, and there will be some big payoff for all their "loyalty".

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »

/jarmo

Well in that case, please be more specific next time.

Things not going according to plan makes something unpredictable.  Tongue

Ah, the same setlist discussion.

Yet it seems the only times GN'R think about strictly following a specific setlist is when there's a specific reason for it. Like a 90 minute festival set time to follow....
But what do I know...

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »

/jarmo

Well in that case, please be more specific next time.

Things not going according to plan makes something unpredictable.  Tongue

Ah, the same setlist discussion.

Yet it seems the only times GN'R think about strictly following a specific setlist is when there's a specific reason for it. Like a 90 minute festival set time to follow....
But what do I know...

/jarmo

But Jarmo, every show this year (except the GG performance and La Paz) started out:  CD, WTTJ, ISE, Brownstone, Estranged and then (with minor variation) Better, RQ, Fortus solo, LALD, TIL.

Note [before everyone over-reacts]:  I am not complaining about the setlist.  I am complaining (your word, not mine) about the notion that things are unscripted and unpredictable (anything can happen, we don?t know what we?re going to play next!).  It seems so disingenuous when people (especially members of the band) say that because, in reality, things are pretty scripted?and that?s fine.  What?s the harm in admitting that?  Is there a fear that it?s less ?rock n roll??  I don?t get it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »

Yeah, this isn't so much complaining about the setlist as it is asking why DJ thinks we're all fucking idiots.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »

Yeah, this isn't so much complaining about the setlist as it is asking why DJ thinks we're all fucking idiots.

Anyone who believes that Dj is DELIBERATELY trying to deceive the fans or misrepresent what the audience will get when they attend a GNR show IS a fucking idiot!

So if the shoe fits....  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »

First, I kinda see Chinese Democracy as a bookend of GNR albums.
That's not to say if they put out something, I wouldn't push an old lady down to be the first in line to buy it, but I just don't know that it's realistic to expect a new album. There's all kinds of rumors about not getting together to write it, people leaving the band, other people saying the new album is almost done.
Maybe a new album just isn't in the cards?
They tour and put on great shows every couple of years. Maybe that's all they want, maybe it's just a part time deal for them.

A few months ago I interviewed a member of Warrant. It was very enlightening. He was like, "yeah, we were big rock stars back then." But now he makes wine as his day job. On the weekends, he tours under the Warrant banner, more as a hobby that he can make a few extra bucks at than as a "I'm a famous musician!" type of thing. But Warrant isn't who he is day to day. And they put on a great little show.

Maybe that's what it is for GNR. They all have their other projects and bands and things they do, and then every couple of years they do a little touring and maybe a residency under the GNR banner.

I don't know what Axl thinks, but maybe he just wants to live a quiet life and play with his band once in a while? Maybe this obsessive need we as fans have for new material is misplaced. Maybe there isn't any, and isn't going to be any. Maybe giving some fantastic concerts every couple years is all Axl wants out of it?

What do you guys think?

Warrant were a terrible band. Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd painted a better picture back in the day.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »

Anyone who believes that Dj is DELIBERATELY trying to deceive the fans or misrepresent what the audience will get when they attend a GNR show IS a fucking idiot!

Settle down over there.

Think of it like a political talking point.  Its repeated like a script and said as second nature. 

Even if it has no basis in reality.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 08:41:50 PM »

Smiley

/jarmo

I love how you take things to the extreme (and how you continue to dodge your own hypocrisy).

Because some of us think they should put out new music (you know, like what real bands do) that means we constantly whine and complain, and our lives will never be fulfilled until THEY do what WE want them to do.

To be clear, if they never release another album or song, I?ll still live.  Life will go on.  GnR will still be my favorite band.  Axl will still be my favorite ginger.  If they do release another album, I?ll buy it.  If they tour near me, I?ll go see them, even If it?s still the same setlist.

It is possible for GnR to be your favorite band without believing that everything they do is the greatest thing ever and nothing ever goes wrong.  Your cultish attitude toward them is a little creepy.  Sorry if this was too long for you?I realize you?ve stopped reading a while ago.

Who left the sack of idiots open? Haha cultish?

Not dodging a thing, I dont require your permission nor validation to enjoy GNR Cheesy
I also don't care what your "points" are or what your little complaints entail because it has no bearing on me enjoying my favorite band.

How can you possibly call someone else a hypocrite when you come on a fan forum to whine and complain that the band isn't doing things that are necessary in your little narrow scope of vision?

I enjoyed some great shows in SA, in Penn., in LA and in vegas this year-and I still think the online people who criticize,  whine and complain are boring sacks of crybaby trash and need to get a life. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 08:47:16 PM »

Settle down over there.

Think of it like a political talking point.  Its repeated like a script and said as second nature. 

Why would DJ attempt to deceive people? I certainly wasn't expecting some of the songs that were played in Vegas.

Your labels and opinions have no basis in reality.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »

The Idiot shoe definitely fits a few people here  Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »

There is also a fine line between giving a relevant answer to a question asked, and answering with something that has nothing to do with it.

Example :

Q : Man, Axl's interview was great.  Really gives fans hope we might actually get another album.  What sort of time frame do you think is reasonable?

A : They just played Peru this year!  PERU!!  And they released a DVD.

In what rational universe does that answer have anything to do with the question?

In what rational universe is it your duty to criticize and complain 24-7 ?

There is a fine line between constructive criticism and blatant nonstop bitching.

"Shut the fuck up."
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »

Settle down over there.

Settle down??  I'm zen.  Cool

"repeated like a script" ... "said as second nature" ... "no basis in reality"
You've just described 95% of your posts.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: