Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 51566 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »

A little more (or really, any) levity probably wouldn't kill us. 

Ever think maybe it would ease some of the tension if everyone wasn't so guarded and took everything so seriously?

I agree.

"Can't we all just get along"?

I agree totally. And it's funny because, if any of us (well, most of us) were to meet up at a show, I'm sure we'd crush a few beers and have a grand ole time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2015, 11:04:30 AM »

Ever think maybe it would ease some of the tension if everyone wasn't so guarded and took everything so seriously?

Agree.  IMO, a fan forum should talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly.  It should discuss all things Guns n Roses.  It seems like the mantra here is to not only focus on the good, but pretend the bad and the ugly don't exist.  If that's the stated purpose, then so be it.  It's your playground.

Here, the overwhelming amount of posters and topics are positive.  I'll grant you it's a difficult thing to balance, and some sites focus more on the negative and the absurd way too much.  I just don't see the benefit of insulating yourself from it.

But see...that's the point.  You're just perpetuating the "us vs them" thing that permeates so many of the threads and discussions.  You're looking at it from your pov, and your pov only. And taking the piss out of the opposing view point. Granted, in a somewhat more passive aggressive way, but...

It's all about tone and respect for other people's POV.  Its hard, given where the tone goes, and the lack of respect shown (and I'm not pointing, specifically, at one side or another) to embed humor.  Or to recognize it.  

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2015, 11:08:29 AM »

I agree.

"Can't we all just get along"?

I agree totally. And it's funny because, if any of us (well, most of us) were to meet up at a show, I'm sure we'd crush a few beers and have a grand ole time...

Many of us did...maybe not the current most prolific posters, but....back in 2006, before the Hammerstein shows.  Fans literally from around the world congregated, pre-show, to shoot the shit and get our drink on Then, after our show, a bunch of us when out and grabbed a late (early?) breakfast.

One of my favorite GnR "nights", ever.  And some folks were there for the FULL compliment of shows...

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2015, 11:12:08 AM »

I watched the show with you Pilferk....the Monday night show in the balcony...you and Jazjme....I use to be Madagas on this board back during that timeframe....darknemus was there as well.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2015, 11:12:55 AM »

I watched the show with you Pilferk....the Monday night show in the balcony...you and Jazjme....I use to be Madagas on this board back during that timeframe....darknemus was there as well.

Hey, man!!  What a fucking awesome night that was!!

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2015, 11:18:00 AM »

no doubt...great show. I went to the 17th (wed) show as well when Izzy and Kid Rock came out.....awesome 3 days in New York as I went to a Yankees game on Tuesday. I sat right on top of the dugout in the old stadium.

Of course, after the Monday night show I got a nice little 4 hour taxi ride trying to get my ass from Manhattan to Queens....drunk as a skunk. I may have been taken advantage of! Dumb Southern redneck on his own in the big city.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »

Just looking through my Hammerstein DVD's...funny, I have 5/12, 5/14, 5/15, and 5/17. But not 5/16.  I was pretty sure I had it, so now I gotta do some more hunting. Smiley

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2015, 11:40:48 AM »

But, to look at this from a different angle, isn't sort of understood that we like the band if we are still coming here everyday?  Like, isn't it a given?

Of course people like the band. But what exactly is it that they like? The band that existed until 1996? In 2002?
Sometimes it seems to be very defined and filled with conditions.

"Until this and that happens, I'll be disgruntled and posting bullshit complaints week after week".

Not interested. Move on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2015, 12:22:45 PM »

Just looking through my Hammerstein DVD's...funny, I have 5/12, 5/14, 5/15, and 5/17. But not 5/16.  I was pretty sure I had it, so now I gotta do some more hunting. Smiley

There is no 5/16.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2015, 12:25:22 PM »

Of course people like the band. But what exactly is it that they like?

The music.  Its all about the music.

Can't say I've seen too many disagreements about the music itself, which is obviously the reason all of us became fans in the first place.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2015, 12:28:30 PM »

Hey, man!!  What a fucking awesome night that was!!

Totally Kick ass night!! oh @pilferk, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a 5/16 show   hihi ok beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2015, 12:32:13 PM »

There is no 5/16.

Well there you go, then! No wonder I can't find it!

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: