Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:12:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'  (Read 18307 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2016, 04:19:08 PM »

The fact that you, and to be fair, several others, have to pitch this as having to have a stand-by there for if (when?) Steven fucks up is a huge red flag to me.

Who needs that bullshit?

And are Matt and Frank going to be all that excited to just be the Steven Adler insurance policy?

I agree that Steven being considered at least somewhat of a liability isn't unfair to suggest.  At the end of the day, I personally find it fair to say to Steven, "hey man, we're giving you 4 songs a night, just to give you a chance.  Frank plays the rest.  If you fuck up, you're out.  If it works, we'll see where it goes in the future."

I think this is probably the most realistic scenario, should he be involved. Anything more, and you're thinking through nostalgic fan goggles.

The somewhat frustrating part... is that physically... he can play the shit out of those songs... it's just all the other "off the court" issues he brings with him and whether or not he has "writing credits"... he created those drum parts.

Like I said before...if I had a vote... i'd be all for Matt with Stevie sprinkled in...but they don't ask any of us  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:21:15 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2016, 04:20:27 PM »

Hahahaha

"off the court"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2016, 04:21:04 PM »

The fact that you, and to be fair, several others, have to pitch this as having to have a stand-by there for if (when?) Steven fucks up is a huge red flag to me.

Who needs that bullshit?

And are Matt and Frank going to be all that excited to just be the Steven Adler insurance policy?

I agree that Steven being considered at least somewhat of a liability isn't unfair to suggest.  At the end of the day, I personally find it fair to say to Steven, "hey man, we're giving you 4 songs a night, just to give you a chance.  Frank plays the rest.  If you fuck up, you're out.  If it works, we'll see where it goes in the future."

I think this is probably the most realistic scenario, should he be involved. Anything more, and you're thinking through nostalgic fan goggles.

I agree. This is what probably happens at best. I'd be cool with that. I want him to make some money, have a good time and enjoy the ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waM0iqEFDZQ

in case anyone missed his interview from september.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »

I see no upside what so ever including him. It's not like this is an Axl thing... Slash Duff and Izzy have all had solo projects and in some cases worked together... NO ONE has ever included Steven, there is a reason for it.

Incorrect.... Slash recorded with Steven twice (once on his solo album, and once on Steven's album).

Izzy recorded a cover of "Do You Love Me" with Steven on drums.

Slash and Izzy played live in 2003 with Adler's Appetite.

Duff, Izzy, and Steven all played live together at the 20th anniversary of Appetite show in 2007.  Slash was also present at that show.

Steven and Duff went on a Japanese tour together.  Yes, Steven was drinking and that upset Duff, but they still did it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:28:06 PM by Bridge » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2016, 04:27:39 PM »

Good points.

But don't damn me
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2016, 04:39:42 PM »

Never knew that at all.  Just listened to it, not bad!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMEfkJsD0fI   Gotta admit, Stevie rocks the shit out of those drums. 

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »

Who needs that bullshit?

The somewhat frustrating part... is that physically... he can play the shit out of those songs... it's just all the other "off the court" issues he brings with him and whether or not he has "writing credits"... he created those drum parts.

Like I said before...if I had a vote... i'd be all for Matt with Stevie sprinkled in...but they don't ask any of us  Smiley

Jaeball this is essentially my opinion too.

I really couldnt care less for Frank in this setup. Or Pittman or Richard..... but thats just me.

I'd like to see steven get a song or 2.... But I'd like to see Matt get the starting gig. He's reliable... he's good... other then past beefs with Axl.. why couldnt he? The only reason i dont see Matt getting it... is because of Axl's current loyalty to frank.. and at this stage.. from the social media stuff that frank has posted before xmas.. hes in.. so id say it's just Frank.... with maybe steven doing a cameo...

I mean.. does anyone really think 3 drummers will tour? I dont.

And its the same issue with guitarists... I have always been of the opinion that Guns only needs 2 + a bass.... not 3.

I know we could all put a million scenarios together... but id like to see a stable lineup... I think most want Izzy in there.. but i dont see it long term... so we will probably get the bloated squad of players and a mish mash line up from show to show that everyone is talking about.

But as i said, id like to see a smaller settled lineup... I dont think it will happen though.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2016, 04:46:38 PM »

Or just let Steven play the Appetite songs and Civil war then the rest someone else?

that might fuck up the flow of the show

But don't damn me
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2016, 04:46:51 PM »

I know we could all put a million scenarios together... but id like to see a stable lineup... I think most want Izzy in there.. but i dont see it long term... so we will probably get the bloated squad of players and a mish mash line up from show to show that everyone is talking about.

I think it will be a stable line-up with Richard and Slash. Izzy will join the two of them for shows of his choosing.

Frank on drums. Steven maybe at some shows.

That's it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2016, 04:48:28 PM »

I see no upside what so ever including him. It's not like this is an Axl thing... Slash Duff and Izzy have all had solo projects and in some cases worked together... NO ONE has ever included Steven, there is a reason for it.

Incorrect.... Slash recorded with Steven twice (once on his solo album, and once on Steven's album).

Slash and Izzy played live in 2003 with Adler's Appetite.

Duff, Izzy, and Steven all played live together at the 20th anniversary of Appetite show in 2007.  Slash was also present at that show.

Steven and Duff went on a Japanese tour together.  Yes, Steven was drinking and that upset Duff, but they still did it.

So in 26 years you are hanging your hat on a 3 random songs, 2 one off appearances and a tour that he admits strained his relationship with Duff?Huh

Velvet Revolver for example... Slash and Duff begged Izzy to join? Where was Steven? VR toured... Why didn't Adler's Appetite (or whatever shit coverband he was in at the time) open for them?

Why isn't he the drummer of the Conspirators? It's not like a was busy with better options?

Slash played in South America... Loaded and Gilby Clarke opened for them and then all played on stage together. Where was Steven?

I think there is far more evidence of the distrust and distancing than the 5 random acts of kindness that were displayed over the course of 26 years since he was kicked out of the band. No one ever relied on him for anything (except maybe Duff with the quick Japanese tour).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:54:16 PM by C0ma » Logged
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2016, 04:50:11 PM »

Yeah.
The core of the line up:
Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Frank

Special Guests:
Izzy, Tracii, Steven, Matt, Gilby, Baz

I think that could work.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2016, 04:53:10 PM »

I don't think Traci should be included really. Maybe for 1 or 2 songs for the first night or something.

I mean i wouldn't put him in the same list with Steven, Matt and Izzy...

But don't damn me
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2016, 04:53:47 PM »

Great Interview !!!

ALICE COOPER IS GOD

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2016, 04:53:56 PM »

So in 26 years you are hanging your hat on a 3 random songs, 2 one off appearances and a tour that he admits strained his relationship with Duff?Huh

No, I am hanging my hat on the fact that you made an erroneous statement that Steven had NEVER been included, and I provided the correction.

I don't think Traci should be included really. Maybe for 1 or 2 songs for the first night or something.

I mean i wouldn't put him in the same list with Steven, Matt and Izzy...

No way.  Tracii is the candy ass who quit the band because he didn't want to go on the Hell Tour.  Leave that bastard at home!   Tongue

Or just let Steven play the Appetite songs and Civil war then the rest someone else?

that might fuck up the flow of the show

I would think the best way to handle it would be to have Steven handle the encore.  Have Frank (or whoever) play the entire show, then introduce Steven to play the final four songs.  Something like that.  That way it wouldn't interfere with the show musically, or fuck with the emotions of the crowd.  Introducing Steven is going to get a huge reaction from the crowd (whether some here will admit it or not) so it should be saved for the end of the show.  I agree that we don't want to see constant drummer switcheroos during the show.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:00:55 PM by Bridge » Logged
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2016, 04:56:14 PM »

Yeah.
The core of the line up:
Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Frank

Special Guests:
Izzy, Tracii, Steven, Matt, Gilby, Baz

I think that could work.

I think Tracii is a huge stretch.....

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2016, 05:00:37 PM »

I agree that we don't want to see constant drummer switcheroos during the show.

"What the hell is a gander anyway?"

"It's a goose that's had the old switcheroo pulled on her."

Sweetness is a virtue
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2016, 05:01:53 PM »

Yeah that is best. Just have him do the encore. That would kick ass.

That is really growing on me. I hope they don't do AFD songs for the encore only. Like if they want to do an UYI song in the encore or something still do it with Steven. The guy can play. It's not like he is some monkey that can only play AFD songs.

But don't damn me
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2016, 05:03:45 PM »

I have to believe that if Izzy isn't there, it's because he doesn't want to be there, at least full time.  And who knows what a man's reasoning could be for that? Obviously, it'd be a personal decision on his part.
Totally agree.  Izzy rejoined GNR almost a decade ago on May 17, 2006.  His participation over the past 10 years seems to be on his own terms and mutually agreeable between himself and all the other band members.

And IMO, Richard and Izzy sharing the stage together is proof positive that both Classic N' NuGNR can co-exist IF the participants choose to make it a win-win for the fans.

IMO, one of the many hazards of Steven's participation in any way/shape/form is the perceived volatility of the Axl/Slash dynamic.  We the fans obviously have no idea what brought about their agreeing to this rejoining.  I think a lot of us have concerns about something going awry and things coming to an abrupt end.  IMO, bringing Steven and his self-serving/divisive attitude into the mix at this point in time will precipitate the undoing of the tour.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2016, 05:04:50 PM »

Yeah that is best. Just have him do the encore. That would kick ass.

That is really growing on me. I hope they don't do AFD songs for the encore only. Like if they want to do an UYI song in the encore or something still do it with Steven. The guy can play. It's not like he is some monkey that can only play AFD songs.

I think that the setlist will remains almost the same as in 2014. Maybe a few more songs from UYI I and II but that't it.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2016, 05:07:18 PM »

I think that the setlist will remains almost the same as in 2014. Maybe a few more songs from UYI I and II but that't it.

There's not much they can take out of that setlist before fans start to get upset, so yeah I agree.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: