Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:43:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?  (Read 48960 times)
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« on: February 12, 2016, 04:53:25 PM »

To be honest, Steven is the only past member of GN'R I dislike. Yeah, he played some cool drumming parts on AFD. But for me, he's a relic. A living, breathing wax statue perpetually stuck mentally in April, 1990. He's childish, bitter, petty, demanding and he's just...With his Sarah Connor-style perm, even now in 2015, he would've really dated GN'R's image even more in the '90s, made them truly a subject of ridicule for the grunge bands and their fans. The guy is like the living embodiment of everything that was tacky and gross about the L.A. hair metal scene. GN'R were never a hair metal band - and they were a better band after Steven left. I know he'll probably play some songs on the tour, but I wish he was far away from Guns. For me, his biggest contribution to the world was the hilarity he helped create on Celebrity Rehab.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »

The stuck-in-the-'80s vibe is part of his charm.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 05:10:28 PM »

I don't know if I would go as far as to actively campaign against it.  But, other hand, would not give one single fuck if he's left out. 

And would look more than a little askance at anyone that tried to honestly claim they could not see why that call got made.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »

The other day I posted my concerns about it in the Alice Cooper/Where's Izzy? thread but for a very different reason:

IMO, one of the many hazards of Steven's participation in any way/shape/form is the perceived volatility of the Axl/Slash dynamic.  We the fans obviously have no idea what brought about their agreeing to this rejoining.  I think a lot of us have concerns about something going awry and things coming to an abrupt end.  IMO, bringing Steven and his self-serving/divisive attitude into the mix at this point in time will precipitate the undoing of the tour.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:15:50 PM »

I actually agree with most of what you wrote about Steven, he is a hard guy to root for.  After watching that new documentary I like him even less.  He seems like a guy who was in it for all the wrong reasons, money/drugs/women, and not the most important..creating art!   I don't feel like Steven Adler contributed anything to "Appetite For Destruction" that wouldn't have been there without him.  I think it was Axl who said Steven didn't write one note on "Appetite" and I believe him.  

I mean I won't bitch if for some reason he is involved, I just assume why bother when GNR already has a drummer?  Not to mention a drummer who plays better and from all accounts is not a liability or a royal pain in the fucking ass. hihi

The fact that there has been silence from Steven makes me think he is at least slightly involved, what about you guys?  I can't imagine him being completely out of the loop on this thing and not flipping out yet.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »

The other day I posted my concerns about it in the Alice Cooper/Where's Izzy? thread but for a very different reason:

IMO, one of the many hazards of Steven's participation in any way/shape/form is the perceived volatility of the Axl/Slash dynamic.  We the fans obviously have no idea what brought about their agreeing to this rejoining.  I think a lot of us have concerns about something going awry and things coming to an abrupt end.  IMO, bringing Steven and his self-serving/divisive attitude into the mix at this point in time will precipitate the undoing of the tour.

I agree.  Risk/reward, I think.

You are introducing a variable you can do really do without, and for an upside that's pretty much all sentimental.

And what if he fucks everything up? 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »

I actually agree with most of what you wrote about Steven, he is a hard guy to root for.  After watching that new documentary I like him even less.  He seems like a guy who was in it for all the wrong reasons, money/drugs/women, and not the most important..creating art!   I don't feel like Steven Adler contributed anything to "Appetite For Destruction" that wouldn't have been there without him.  I think it was Axl who said Steven didn't write one note on "Appetite" and I believe him.  

I mean I won't bitch if for some reason he is involved, I just assume why bother when GNR already has a drummer?  Not to mention a drummer who plays better and from all accounts is not a liability or a royal pain in the fucking ass. hihi

The fact that there has been silence from Steven makes me think he is at least slightly involved, what about you guys?  I can't imagine him being completely out of the loop on this thing and not flipping out yet.

Agree with every word of this.

Sadly, the part at the end as well.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 05:38:09 PM »

He's childish, bitter, petty, demanding and he's just...With his Sarah Connor-style perm, even now in 2015, he would've really dated GN'R's image even more in the '90s, made them truly a subject of ridicule for the grunge bands and their fans.

For a while i thought you were talking about mr Rose... Apart from the fact that Mr Rose would pay bilions to have the hair of sarah c... ehm mr adler  hihi

If you don't understand how much adler counts well, you should change band.. And i'm not even a big fan of him and his persona...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:45:37 PM by ITARocker » Logged
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 05:38:18 PM »

If this was a tour where they were going to just play AFD songs then i could understand if Steven was involved but i think this tour is going to be more then just AFD songs and we have never seen Steven play any songs from UYI and certainly not Chi Dem and i think thats good because id like to see this line up possibly play some of the Chi Dem songs as im sure the playlist will be heavy with AFD & UYI songs but a couple songs off Chi Dem would be a really nice touch.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 05:50:07 PM »

Wow.

You guys are so bored that you need ANOTHER thread devoted to hating Steven?  Did we not understand it the first ten thousand times?

It's long been obvious that since Slash is no longer hate-worthy on this board, you had you turn your Guns elsewhere.  Says more about you than it does about Steven, that's for sure.  Because despite your allegations that Steven contributed "nothing" to Guns N Roses, Steven still has an incredibly powerful presence in your lives.  He's obviously worth talking about ad-infinitum, and you all prove it every single time you spend copious amounts of time bitching, pissing, and moaning about him.

Really, this says it all....

To be honest, Steven is the only past member of GN'R I dislike. Yeah, he played some cool drumming parts on AFD. But for me, he's a relic. A living, breathing wax statue perpetually stuck mentally in April, 1990. He's childish, bitter, petty, demanding and he's just...With his Sarah Connor-style perm, even now in 2015, he would've really dated GN'R's image even more in the '90s, made them truly a subject of ridicule for the grunge bands and their fans. The guy is like the living embodiment of everything that was tacky and gross about the L.A. hair metal scene. GN'R were never a hair metal band - and they were a better band after Steven left. I know he'll probably play some songs on the tour, but I wish he was far away from Guns. For me, his biggest contribution to the world was the hilarity he helped create on Celebrity Rehab.

A vitriolic, childish, bitter, nasty post full of purposeless insults from someone who turns around and claims the same thing is true about Steven.

Sweet jesus, look in the fucking mirror.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 06:04:17 PM »

Wow.

You guys are so bored that you need ANOTHER thread devoted to hating Steven?  Did we not understand it the first ten thousand times?

It's long been obvious that since Slash is no longer hate-worthy on this board, you had you turn your Guns elsewhere.  Says more about you than it does about Steven, that's for sure.  Because despite your allegations that Steven contributed "nothing" to Guns N Roses, Steven still has an incredibly powerful presence in your lives.  He's obviously worth talking about ad-infinitum, and you all prove it every single time you spend copious amounts of time bitching, pissing, and moaning about him.

I don't think this has anything to do with "hating" Steven Adler, that is a childish way to look at it.  Yes we all throw a few immature insults his way, but he really does a great job at asking for them, doesn't he?   I just think a lot of us don't want that fuck up coming in and fucking up a good thing....again.  Matt Sorum can be a prick, but I don't think any of us would have a problem with him coming back to play a few songs, the guy is a pro.  It has very little to do with "hating" anyone.  I don't hate Steven, I don't even know him.  I am not a big fan of his shenanigans though.

It is one thing to deal with a pain in the ass if they are a one of a kind talent.  Steven brings nothing to the table to warrant dealing with all the baggage he brings.  He is a minus to the situation, any involvement he might have would at least to me appear to be charity by the rest of the band.  He certainly doesn't make them any better!  And they have no problem selling tickets without him.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:12:17 PM by Bodhi » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 06:05:24 PM »

Before his current silence, Steven has made it perfectly clear that the ONLY people who should be on any 'reunion' tour are the AFD 5 (despite the general consensus that Izzy more than likely will only do a handful of shows).  Do you honestly think he won't cause drama over having to share the stage with Dizzy, Chris, Richard and especially Frank??

Unfortunately, I agree with those that think his current silence is a sign he will somehow be included.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 06:14:39 PM »

Wow.

A vitriolic, childish, bitter, nasty post full of purposeless insults from someone who turns around and claims the same thing is true about Steven.

Sweet jesus, look in the fucking mirror.

The-the-the Bridge, the-the-the Bridge, Queens Bridge!!   peace

I like Adler too, but I get the concerns with him.

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 06:15:55 PM »

I can only imagine this:

A drunk Steven stumbles on stage and grabs a mic and goes into a protracted, drunken rant about how Axl's "hacks and scabs" are playing where "Izzy and I" should be (IE most of the set) and how "you know, like, the fans like, are being ripped off man, I mean, look at these guys, no one wants to see them! Man, they wanna see me and Izzy, that's us, and they don't wanna hear Use Your songs, they wanna hear Appetite, cause that's our only real album man, those are the good songs, you know, isn't it bull that I only play part of the set while this piece of shit plays the whole thing man?" Cue meltdown of the band and end of the tour and reunion immediately after.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »

Do we really want a guy onstage with Richard, Frank and Pitman who said this:
?Axl will probably want to play [the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame] with his hack band ? his band of hacks. ?Axl and His Hacks? ? it shouldn?t even be Guns N? Roses. He?s just driving that name into the freakin? ground.?

Or this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oORQBIE7PrE

You really wanna bring that this joke and trainwreck of a "human being" into this band?
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 06:26:38 PM »

Cherry Garcia, what is going on with you? First you bring up that Slash would set Guns N' Roses back. Now this?Huh Dude, just be happy that GNR is back!
Annie
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 06:27:47 PM »

I don't want Stevie involved in any capacity.  But it's ultimately the band's decision
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 06:30:28 PM »

I think that he should be there for one or two songs only. I would like to see Frank as the main drummer.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 06:32:07 PM »

Do you honestly think he won't cause drama over having to share the stage with Dizzy, Chris, Richard and especially Frank??

To be honest, I think he will fall in line if given the opportunity to play on the same stage as Axl, Slash and Duff again.

What he says on a radio show or some interview is one thing, but if he actually is given the chance to play big shows again I think he will shut up and take what's offered.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 06:36:44 PM »

You're in the VAST minority. Would love to see Adler involved

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »