Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:40:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Stupid Advices
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stupid Advices  (Read 4828 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: March 16, 2007, 12:20:07 PM »

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/279126743.html

Advice to Young Men from an Old Man
1. Don’t pick on the weak. It’s immoral. Don’t antagonize the strong without cause, its stupid.
2. Don’t hate women. It’s a waste of time
3. Invest in yourself. Material things come to those that have self actualized.
4. Get in a fistfight, even if you are going to lose.
5. As a former Marine, take it from me. Don’t join the military, unless you want to risk getting your balls blown off to secure other people’s economic or political interests.
6. If something has a direct benefit to an individual or a class of people, and a theoretical, abstract, or amorphous benefit to everybody else, realize that the proponent’s intentions are to benefit the former, not the latter, no matter what bullshit they try to feed you.
7. Don’t be a Republican. They are self-dealing crooks with no sense of honor or patriotism to their fellow citizens. If you must be a Republican, don’t be a “conservative.” They are whining, bitching, complaining, simple-minded self-righteous idiots who think they’re perpetual victims. Listen to talk radio for a while, you’ll see what I mean.
8. Don’t take proffered advice without a critical analysis. 90% of all advice is intended to benefit the proponent, not the recipient. Actually, the number is probably closer to 97%, but I don’t want to come off as cynical.
9. You’ll spend your entire life listening to people tell you how much you owe them. You don’t owe the vast majority of people shit.
10. Don’t undermine your fellow young men. Mentor the young men that come after you. Society recognizes that you have the potential to be the most power force in society. It scares them. Society does not find young men sympathetic. They are afraid of you, both individually and collectively. Law enforcement’s primary purpose is to suppress you.
11. As a young man, you’re on your own. Society divides and conquers. Unlike women who have advocates looking out for them (NOW, Women’s Study Departments, government, non-profit organizations, political advocacy groups) almost no one is looking out for you.
12. Young men provide the genius and muscle by which our society thrives. Look at the Silicone Valley. By in large, it was not old men or women that created the revolution we live. Realize that society steals your contributions, secures it with our intellectual property laws, and then takes credit and the rewards where none is due.
13. Know that few people have your best interests at heart. Your mother does. Your father probably does (if he stuck around). Your siblings are on your side. Everybody else worries about themselves.
14. Don’t be afraid to tell people to “Fuck off” when need be. It is an important skill to acquire. As they say, speak your piece, even if your voice shakes.
15. Acquire empathy, good interpersonal skills, and confidence. Learn to read body language and non-verbal communication. Don’t just concentrate on your vocational or technical skills, or you’ll find your wife fucking somebody else.
16. Keep fit.
17. Don’t speak ill of your wife/girlfriend. Back her up against the world, even if she’s wrong. She should know that you have her back. When she needs your help, give it. She should know that you’ll take her part.
18. Don’t cheat on your wife/girlfriend. If you must cheat, don’t humiliate her. Don’t risk having your transgressions come back to her or her friends. Don’t do it where you live. Don’t do it with people in your social circle. Don’t shit in your own back yard.
19. If your girlfriend doesn’t make you feel good about yourself and bring joy to your life, fire her. That’s what girlfriends are for.
20. Don’t bother with “emotional affairs.” They are just a vehicle for women to flirt and have someone make them feel good about themselves. That’s the part of a relationship they want. For you it is a lot of work and investment in time. If they are having an emotional affair with you, they’re probably fucking someone else.
21. Becoming a woman’s friend and confidant is not going to get you into an intimate relationship. If you haven’t gotten the girl within a reasonably short period of time, chances are you won’t ever get her. She’ll end up confiding to you about the sexual adventures she’s having with someone else.
22. Have and nurture friendships with women.
23. Realize that love is a numbers game. Guys fall in love easily. You’re going to see some girl and feel like you’ll die if you don’t get her. If she rejects you, move on to the next one. It’s her loss.
24. Don’t be an internet troll. Got out and live life. There is not a cadre of beautiful women advertising on Craigslist to have NSA sex with you. Beautiful women don’t need to advertise. The websites that advertise with attractive women’s photos and claims of loneliness are baloney. All they want is your money and your personal information so that they can market to you. The posts on Craigslist by young “women” seeking NSA sex, and asking for a picture are just a bunch of gay troll pic collectors. This is especially true if the post uses common gay lexicon like “hole” as in “fuck my hole” or seeks “masculine” men, or uses the word cock (except in the context of “Don’t send a cock shot.”) There are women on Craigslist. They are easily recognizable by their 2-5 paragraph postings. Most are in their 30's or older.
25. When you become a man in full, know that people will get in your way. People who are attracted to you will somehow manage to step in your path. Gay guys will give you “the look.” Old people will somehow stumble in front of you at the worst time. Don’t get frustrated. Just step aside and go about your business. Know that these are passive aggressive methods to get you to acknowledge their existence.
26. Don’t gay bash. Don’t mentally or physically abuse people because of who they are, or how they present themselves. It’s none of your business to try to intimidate people into conformity.
27. If your gay, admit it to yourself, your parents, your friends and society at large. Be prepared to get harassed. See rule 14. If someone threatens you or assaults you, call the cops. Have them arrested. You have no obligation to self sacrifice because of who you are. As a gay person, you’ll have more social freedom than straight men. Use it to protect yourself. Be prepared to get out of Dodge if your orientation makes your life unbearable. Move to San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, or New Orleans. You’ll find a welcoming community there.
28. Don’t be a poser. Avoid being one of those dudes who puts a surfboard on top of their car, but never surfs, or a dude with a powder coated fixed gear bike and a messenger bag, but was never a messenger. Live the life. Earn your bona fides.
29. Don’t believe the crap about the patriarchy. More women are accepted and attend college. More degrees are awarded to women than men. Women outlive men. More men commit suicide. Men are twice as likely to be victims of violence, including murder. If you consider sexual assaults in prisons, twice as many men are raped as women (society thinks prison rape is funny). The streets are littered with homeless men, sprinkled with a few homeless women. Statically, women are happier than men. The myth that girls are being cheated by are educational system is belied by the fact that schools are bastions of femininity, mostly run by and taught by women. Girls outperform boys in school. It is the boys in school getting fucked over, and prescribed ritalin for being boys. Real wages for men are falling, while real wages for women are rising. Just because someone says something enough times, doesn’t make it true. You have nothing to feel guilty about.
30. Remember, 97% of all advice is worthless. Take what you can use, and trash the rest.

Roll Eyes

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:31:41 PM »

actually, they are not all crappy advices
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:34:13 PM »

That's not a bad list.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 07:02:53 PM »

it's my new bible

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »

I have read and I have learned.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 07:49:26 PM »

I don't like it. Some good ideas, but said with too much arrogance.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 12:05:52 AM »

Too many rules.
and #30 is wrong: 50% is bullshit, the other 50% you would be a fool to ignore. Only the smart ones  figure  out  which is which.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 01:46:03 AM »

you guys are all a bunch of posers. you read some post on the internet and say you have "learned soemthing". gimme a fucking break.

learn to live.

live and learn.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 02:59:51 AM »

you guys are all a bunch of posers. you read some post on the internet and say you have "learned soemthing". gimme a fucking break.

learn to live.

live and learn.

Yes, reading is bad for the soul.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 05:09:45 AM »

Too many rules.
and #30 is wrong: 50% is bullshit, the other 50% you would be a fool to ignore. Only the smart ones  figure  out  which is which.

Fighting platitudes with platitudes?

How likely is it that out of all the advice ever given exactly half of it was utter bollocks and the other half was fried gold?

And if the ability to distinguish between the two was evenly divided between "the smart ones" and "the dumb ones," wouldn't that mean that all of the smart ones would have to be giving out good advice all of the time and all of the dumb ones giving out bad advice? Otherwise, some of the time, the smart ones would have to be giving out the bad advice - meaning that they couldn't distinguish between good and bad, meaning that they clearly couldn't be so smart.

Besides which, how did the smart ones get to be the smart ones? Surely, if all the world was divided into smart ones and dumb ones then the smart ones are only smart because they aren't as dumb as the dumb ones. And the dumb ones might not be so dumb, hey, they're just not as smart as some of the smart ones! What happens if a dumb one takes some advice from a smart one and becomes a little bit smarter? What if he becomes so smart that he gets to be one of the smart ones? Does one of the other smart ones suddenly become dumb and start giving out bad advice all of the time? Or does the advice ratio change, 49% bullshit - 51% good? If so, how do you know that the 50/50 ratio is up to date? Maybe it's 25/75. Maybe it's 63/37. Maybe it's 97/3! Wouldn't you feel foolish?!

I guess what it all adds up to is; Your advice. . .  it's not such good advice. And so, following your formula, well, it's not looking good for you. My advice to you is this; Find a smart one, fast!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 05:35:45 AM by 25 » Logged
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 05:31:26 AM »

I don't like it. Some good ideas, but said with too much arrogance.

I think it was some ancient Greek guy who wrote "It is right to learn, even from one's enemies." (Actually, now that I think about it, it was probably some victorian English guy who wrote that. The Greek guy would have written the same thing but in Greek*. Regardless, the point is still valid.)

You don't have to like how someone expresses themselves to appreciate the value of it, or the lack of same. And as comprehension of the written word is not the foremost skill among English-speaking people these days it's probably not wise to discount or credit the content of something based on the tone you (I/we/people in general, not specifically you) read into it.   

*Actually, he would have probably written it in Doric or Attic or Mycenaean or the Hellenistic common version of the language depending on where or when he wrote it but pointing that out would have been confusing and unnecessary.

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 05:34:53 AM »

You could look up "soemthing" on dictionary.com and you may well learn "soemthing." I don't think it would make you a poser. 
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »

individualism at its finest.
this is why our world is stuck where it is. and why people are such idiots.
they are fed by theories like these for years. thinking that it's all a big competition.

and people will embrace these methods, until the day they fail and they realize they were all wrong.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 06:35:55 PM »

they are fed by theories like these for years. thinking that it's all a big competition.

What is wrong with individualism? It's the only way to be free, as an individual. It is a big competition, even nature agrees with that.

and people will embrace these methods, until the day they fail and they realize they were all wrong.

No, they won't.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 06:44:18 PM »

What is wrong with individualism? It's the only way to be free, as an individual. It is a big competition, even nature agrees with that.

No, they won't.

so you bow down in front of nature ? ... damn hippie ...
and, no, you're not free, certainly not as an individual, in our modern societies.

when people fail, and they get help from society, they should understand.

but hey, we can disagree.

i loved individualism too ... when i was 14 Smiley

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »

so you bow down in front of nature ? ... damn hippie ...
and, no, you're not free, certainly not as an individual, in our modern societies.

when people fail, and they get help from society, they should understand.

but hey, we can disagree.

You're not free, but you can achieve greater freedom if you rid yourself of societies expectations and demands. I don't care about shoulds and woulds or what other people think. It is what it is, all I care about is making it for myself. If I see something I like I take it to heart, if not I say fuck it. You work with too many generalizations man, it's not good and it's not smart.

i loved individualism too ... when i was 14 Smiley

When was that, last year? Spare me the insults, you got alot to learn like everybody else.

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 09:00:26 PM »

It strikes me that most of those 30 points have absolutely nothing to do with individualism. In fact, it's worth pointing out that any list which suggests that everyone should follow its outlines for action is, by definition, collectivist.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 09:10:03 PM »

what a pile of shit.

A father shouldn't lay all that shit on his son. Y'know. Paternal advice should be easy and free fdlowing.

I'd probably just tell my son to, y'know, find a girl. To settle down. If you want, you can marry. Look at me, i'm old, but i'm happy.

I thank you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 09:14:23 PM »

what a pile of shit.

A father shouldn't lay all that shit on his son. Y'know. Paternal advice should be easy and free fdlowing.

I'd probably just tell my son to, y'know, find a girl. To settle down. If you want, you can marry. Look at me, i'm old, but i'm happy.

I thank you.

Perhaps, but my advice would be to stay clear of the girl hihi

If I'd tell my kid one thing only it would be to never stop educating himself, never trust any authority to do it for you.

Anyways, I don't understand the dissent for this list. Some of it is shady, but alot of it is good too.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 09:27:16 PM »

what a pile of shit.

I thank you.

Perhaps, but my advice would be to stay clear of the girl hihi

If I'd tell my kid one thing only it would be to never stop educating himself, never trust any authority to do it for you.

Anyways, I don't understand the dissent for this list. Some of it is shady, but alot of it is good too.

I dont care about the list, i just wanted to rip off Cat Stevens.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: