Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Good emo-type bands
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good emo-type bands  (Read 6872 times)
Evolution
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 03:57:29 PM »

Panic! At The Disco have a few catchy songs. No idea if they "qualify" as emo. Some people need to get a girlfriend instead of arguing about a band's genre  hihi
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »

Waaait a second. Was that aimed at me?
Evolution
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 04:38:05 PM »

Really aimed at whoever wrote that diatribe Stoned posted.
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 04:46:26 PM »

Ah. Fair enough.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 01:56:22 AM »

Dashboard Confessional are pretty good.  The lead singer sings with TONS of emotion and the songs are pretty solid. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 03:28:33 AM »

I'm not too big into the really whiny emo, except for maybe a few Taking Back Sunday songs.  I guess the bands I think of when I use the term - Story of the Year, Funeral for a Friend, Thrice - are often described more as "post-hardcore", so take of that what you will.  All I know is that they have some kickass guitar playing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2006, 04:21:45 AM »

Good emo type band??

Thats an Oxymoron of all oxymorons! hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2006, 08:32:40 AM »

I never really liked emo back in high school, but in the last while I've really gotten into certain bands that are sort of emo.  Funeral For a Friend are one of the best bands out there right now; they've got some really great riffs (what else would you expect from a band that regularly opens for Iron Maiden?).  If you haven't heard it, download "Juneau".  Apparently their genre is called "post-hardcore", but the lyrics are definitely emo.  But like I said, they still rock hard.

Another pseudo-emo band that I really like is Story of the Year"Until the Day I Die" is one hell of a rock anthem, and the band as a whole writes some really great songs.

Overall I'm just starting to appreciate more of this kind of music.  The bands I listed rock harder and are less stereotypically "emo" than bands like Taking Back Sunday.  They have some really interesting guitar parts and they really put energy into their live shows.

Does anybody else know any "good" emo bands?

Terrible band, terrible song, terrible music.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »

Circa Survive, Emery, High and Driving, Saosin...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 01:54:31 PM »

Straylight Run are good, Dashboard Confessional

Those are 2 good bands.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 04:04:38 PM »

I never really liked emo back in high school, but in the last while I've really gotten into certain bands that are sort of emo.? Funeral For a Friend are one of the best bands out there right now; they've got some really great riffs (what else would you expect from a band that regularly opens for Iron Maiden?).? If you haven't heard it, download "Juneau".? Apparently their genre is called "post-hardcore", but the lyrics are definitely emo.? But like I said, they still rock hard.

Another pseudo-emo band that I really like is Story of the Year.? "Until the Day I Die" is one hell of a rock anthem, and the band as a whole writes some really great songs.

Overall I'm just starting to appreciate more of this kind of music.? The bands I listed rock harder and are less stereotypically "emo" than bands like Taking Back Sunday.? They have some really interesting guitar parts and they really put energy into their live shows.

That's just your opinion.  I think Story of the Year are really good songwriters, but that's just me.  We'll agree to disagree.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 04:13:40 PM »

I never really liked emo back in high school, but in the last while I've really gotten into certain bands that are sort of emo.  Funeral For a Friend are one of the best bands out there right now; they've got some really great riffs (what else would you expect from a band that regularly opens for Iron Maiden?).  If you haven't heard it, download "Juneau".  Apparently their genre is called "post-hardcore", but the lyrics are definitely emo.  But like I said, they still rock hard.

Another pseudo-emo band that I really like is Story of the Year"Until the Day I Die" is one hell of a rock anthem, and the band as a whole writes some really great songs.

Overall I'm just starting to appreciate more of this kind of music.  The bands I listed rock harder and are less stereotypically "emo" than bands like Taking Back Sunday.  They have some really interesting guitar parts and they really put energy into their live shows.

That's just your opinion.  I think Story of the Year are really good songwriters, but that's just me.  We'll agree to disagree.

please man, its obviously rubbish when you somehow end up in some shit smelly club with some scratched up fat tart singing her hear out to it.

untill the day i dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, rubbish
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 05:00:13 PM by grendood » Logged
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 04:43:52 PM »

please man, its obviously rubbish when you somehow end up in some shit smelly club with some scratched up fat tart singing her hear out to it.

Like I said, we'll agree to disagree.? I love "Until the Day I Die", and I think it gets better each time I hear it, because I didn't like it so much the first time I heard it.? Maybe it's because I have a friend that I always jam with who's really into music like that, and he's so passionate about it that I finally started to see the worth in it, and also because they just have some great guitar work, especially on the second album.? I'm not too fond of the band's image, but I still have to admit that they put on one hell of a live show.

Funny pic by the way...lol
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 05:02:56 PM »

Like I said, we'll agree to disagree.  I love "Until the Day I Die", and I think it gets better each time I hear it, because I didn't like it so much the first time I heard it.  Maybe it's because I have a friend that I always jam with who's really into music like that, and he's so passionate about it that I finally started to see the worth in it, and also because they just have some great guitar work, especially on the second album.  I'm not too fond of the band's image, but I still have to admit that they put on one hell of a live show.

Funny pic by the way...lol

fair enough mate, at least you give good reasons, its just these other bellends on here with blind faith, you wish loyalty was their only vice but uhhh its not.  ok ok ok
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2006, 05:20:19 PM »

I don?t know if this is emo or modern punk or what ever, but check out the finnish band called Disco Ensemble and their song "We Might Fall Apart". I like it.

http://www.discoensemble.com/

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 07:06:42 PM »

The Cure are pioneers of emo.

Maybe.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »