Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Couple of pics of some additions to my collection I thought I would share
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Couple of pics of some additions to my collection I thought I would share  (Read 1706 times)
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« on: August 03, 2007, 04:25:13 AM »

I bought a couple of new things for my GN'R collection recently that I thought I would share some pics of.? I managed to get all of this stuff (plus other things) off the one guy which was very convenient.? I think the only Japanese CD single I am missing is Sympathy for the Devil - so if someone has a sealed Jap. version of this I would be keen on it - I love the obi stips on the Jap stuff too I think they look cool!

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 05:40:55 AM »

Nice collection of G N' R stuff. ok

Where's Axl?
suicide
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 05:48:40 AM »

Hi Will

Great stuff... is that an official box on pic 2 and 3? Is that a book on the right side and what's in it (japanese lyrics, pictures, ... ?)
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:02:35 AM »

Hi Will

Great stuff... is that an official box on pic 2 and 3? Is that a book on the right side and what's in it (japanese lyrics, pictures, ... ?)

Yeah it's an offical Japanese Promo box for UYI I & II.  You are right it is a booklet on the right hand side.  It's all written in Japanese inside it.  It appears to have quotes about the albums or band from various Music Magazines as well as a chronological history of the band - with a couple of dates going back to 1962 strangely enough.  I would love to know what it's saying about things back then.  For example under 1983 There is the words Hollywood rose amongst all the Japanese characters and in 1984 "Todd Crew" is mentioned.  But I'm curious as to what it might be saying right back then??

There is not really any pics in the booklet except for a couple of GNR logo pics and some discography pics.  I had been hunting for this box set for quite a while and had only seen it once or twice before.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 10:31:21 AM »

Thanks for the info Williambailey! Maybe you could scan the chronological history and someone who speaks Japanese could translate it. Anyone willing to help out here?
wadey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 10:59:46 AM »

nice stuff, i like the sweet child uncut pic, i got paradise city uncut a couple of years back for ?3  Grin
ive only ever seen a couple of scom uncuts though... ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:51:36 PM »

Here's more info on the box from my site.  You can see the Geffen logo on the back.  And there's a pic of the chronologic history so maybe someone can translate - just save the image to your computer and then open it to see it larger.

http://www.troccolitm.com/uyijaprobox.html?1166348412875

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: