Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227930 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GN'R Leather Jacket I Just Bought
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Leather Jacket I Just Bought  (Read 3352 times)
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« on: October 09, 2007, 01:50:48 AM »

I bought this leather jacket recently from the US and it just arrived today - so thought I would take some pics to share with people.

It's a bit scrunched up at the moment due to it being shoved in a box for its trip down under to me, but they should fall out after I hang it up for a while.

I was wondering if anyone had seen one like it before.? There are no lables on it so I can't tell if it's offical or not.? The guy I bought it off thought that it was an offical tour jacket but I'm not 100% sure.? The quality looks pretty good - all the pictures are not screen printed on but actually made out of little bits of leather sewn together.

Anyhow, even if it's unoffical I think it still looks pretty kick ass!!

Let me know if anyone knows anything about it.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:49:19 AM »

Thats pretty fuckin awesome!
Kinda jealous.  beer
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »

Oh my gawd what a jacket! i woulnd't care if that was official or not, it's like the second coolest leather jacket ever after axl's white PC one..

I'm looking for a new leather jacket adn wouldn't really be ashamed to wear yours ok
Tomek 1985
Headliner

..Resident Evil..

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »

good stuff mate

williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 06:59:02 PM »

Ok, I am still trying to work out if this jacket is legit or not (i.e. bootleg or authentic tour jacket). Since I bought mine I have seen 2 others on ebay - here are the auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=005

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=014

Both of them state that they are tour jackets basically given to the band. One of them actually has a label/tag still on the jacket which mine didn't - La Roxx. I know Brockum was the offical merch producer back then so Huh. But the jacket is definitely hand made all the individual stiching like the picture on the back is made from individually cut and stiched bits of different coloured leather - so this would have taken a fair bit of workmanship and presumably been very costly.

I also found this info on google about LA Roxx:

The company started out in 1984 as LA ROXX, designing custom leather wear for the MTV set. Notable clients of the day included bands like Motely Crue, Def Leopard and Guns N Roses.

As the leather era faded, LA ROXX began to shift gears in response to the increasing demand for sexy fashions. In 1997, they launched a line of alluring lingerie and other apparel under the brand name Forplay, eventually parlaying their success into sexy swimwear as well.

Today, Forplay is where the celebs go when they want a look that Paris Hilton would definitely find "hot". The company operates a boutique, as well as a website and catalog.

One of the auctions said that there were only 2 made (well now that is clearly not true). I actually spoke to the guy selling the first one. He said he bought the jacket years ago from some boutique in LA. Apparently he got the signatures on it himself.

The second jacket still up for auction - hmmm. Seller has only one previous transaction, they want $1,500 (joke)!. They also use the old "Jacket was given to my ex husband years ago by one of the band members. I can't remember for sure, but I believe it was either the drummers or Axyl Rose".

Thoughts anyone?
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 07:26:19 PM »

LA Roxx made all of Axl's leather jackets.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »

LA Roxx made all of Axl's leather jackets.

Hmmm ok that's interesting.

If for a minute it's true and they were made for them, it's strange that I have never seen a photo of any of them wearing one.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 10:35:04 AM »

I think they were just tour jackets, not only have I seen about 4 on eBay lately, I've also found two on craigslist.

williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 06:33:32 PM »

I think they were just tour jackets, not only have I seen about 4 on eBay lately, I've also found two on craigslist.

Ok, that would make more sense then since I have seen 3 on ebay recently (including the one I bought) and I am sure I have seen one or two for sale a few years ago as well.
RoxyCotton
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 06:41:41 PM »

That jacket is BAD-ASS!!!!! peace
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »

There is I believe one currently on a craigslist in I believe Ohio and the two currently on eBay and the one that was on there two weeks ago with $380 for shipping, buy it now for $150 plus shipping.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: