Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 02:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula One 2005 season thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula One 2005 season thread  (Read 129059 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2005, 09:00:46 AM »

Yeah, that was amazing. Spanish media is creating huge expectations though. The guys is 23 years old, he's an amazing pilot, but it's too early to talk about the world champion crown.

That always happens. It's so typical.

But you gotta admit, things are looking better for him than for R?ikk?nen......

I just read Schumi's comments about his 2005 ferrari. He said his car won't be ready until Imola. Now, is it just me or Is Ferrari trying to fool everyone? I mean c'mon! We are talking about the guy & team who dominated the Formula 1 last year with stunning authority. Do you guys really believe they wouldn't have spotted by now what the problem is this year? The 2005 is not ready, the 2004 car can' compete with Renault! bullshit. This team's budget is 300 million euros. They sure know better what the hell is going on.

I don't buy it. This is probably Schumacher's last year. It wouldn't surpirse me if he wanted to create a little bif of competition to increase attention. Last year everybody in Formula 1 lost money but Ferrari & Schumacher. Maybe ( and I'm saying maybe) he's been asked to lift his foot from the gas pedal during the first 5 races. I mean, have you guys seen Schumacher's getting upset over the weekend? or two weeks ago? I haven't. He's the kind of guy that if he loses because the car is not ready he would raise some hell. This is not normal.

Ferrari has two problems: Old car and the tyres. Bridgestone can blame themselves for the tyres though. None of the other top teams want their tyres anymore. Seems like previous seasons they'd always make sure Ferrari got what they wanted and then looked after the others. Now the others changed to Michelin.....

I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari actually thought they could win races with the 2004 car.

In two months from now Alonso will be battleing for second.

Because Kimi's bad luck will have ended? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2005, 09:32:47 AM »

Ignatius, I'm going with you, of course, in this alonso-kimi duel.... What a great race by fernando this last sunday. I hope it lasts.....lets hope the new ferrari doesn't match up with the r25 in terms of performance, but it should be good for alonso's carrer to compete head to head with m.s.

Anyway jarmo, kimi will be a close second this year to alonso. Grin

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2005, 09:47:38 AM »

Anyway jarmo, kimi will be a close second this year to alonso. Grin

Optimist.

Unless Kimi starts scoring some points soon, he'll have a hard time catching up on his teammate.  Undecided

So far he's been the fastest one of them, but you don't get points for that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2005, 09:58:34 AM »

You know, there's something abut that Mclaren that doesn't make sense...

Kimmi is a great driver, but the guys is constanly wrestling with bad luck. it's been like this for two years now. When he completes a race, he 's usually top 3, but he hardly ever finishes.

Now they've signed Montoya. since he's been in Formula 1, they've always created this rivalry between him and Shumacher, but so far he hasn't reached the expectations. Great driver, agressive, but I don't think he's got the mind for this.

Kimmi should've signed for Toyota or even Williams. I dont know when his contract expires, but it wouldn't surpirse me if Ferrari would sign both, Kimmi & Alonso.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2005, 10:17:51 AM »

I think Kimi has one more year in his contract (or is 2005 the last year?).

Anyway, he went to McLaren when they were going downhill (after Mika H?kkinen left). Now it seems like they're slowly getting back up but so are the others.

Williams and Toyota weren't really options when Kimi went to McLaren as far as I remember. He took the step up from Sauber to McLaren.

McLaren just needs to give him a fast and reliable car, then the result will come. Wink

Just look at Fernando..... Renault had their share of problems in the past, but now everything is looking pretty good.

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2005, 10:25:50 AM »

I know, but look at Trully & Ralf Schumacher. They've both signed for a less powerful team that the ones they belonged to, but so far it seems like Toyota is going to be up there. The car has run pretty well.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2005, 11:23:37 AM »

Optimist.

Unless Kimi starts scoring some points soon, he'll have a hard time catching up on his teammate.  Undecided

So far he's been the fastest one of them, but you don't get points for that.

/jarmo

Atleast your driver has more points than mine. Wink

Hand hopefully after the next two months, Villeneuve will also be in contention and race for the championship. yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2005, 11:51:12 AM »

Hand hopefully after the next two months, Villeneuve will also be in contention and race for the championship. yes

Villeneuve might not be in F1 after the next two months.

I know, but look at Trully & Ralf Schumacher.

I don't want to look at Ralf. He's one of the drivers I can't stand....

I think Toyota is doing so well right now because other teams aren't.

/jarmo

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2005, 12:06:09 PM »

/jarmo

I haven't heard about this yet. What's going on?  Huh Is he fixing to lose his drive?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2005, 12:23:35 PM »

/jarmo

I haven't heard about this yet. What's going on?? Huh Is he fixing to lose his drive?

It's just me speculating. I don't know how much money he's making, but I wonder how long the team will keep him if he doesn't start producing some results.

The same goes for many drivers.

/jarmo

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2005, 05:41:42 PM »

It's just me speculating. I don't know how much money he's making, but I wonder how long the team will keep him if he doesn't start producing some results.

The same goes for many drivers.

/jarmo

Ok, I got worried there for a second. But you have a good point. Villeneuve hasn't had any success the last several years. So, it wouldn't be that shocking if he did lose his ride. But I hope he can turn things around soon and become competitive again.

Graciela
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2005, 03:50:58 PM »

Humm... now, let's see... What happened while the board was close?... Oh, yeah!! Alonso won again! smoking
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2005, 03:53:08 PM »

Kimi was third.  Grin

If McLaren could qualify better, then he might actually win a race...

/jarmo

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2005, 05:55:05 PM »

Very good race for Kimi in Bahrain.

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2005, 04:09:38 AM »

Kimi was third.? Grin

If McLaren could qualify better, then he might actually win a race...

/jarmo

Don't worry Jarmo, kimi will win some races this year Roll Eyes. When his car gets to be as fast as Alonso's Renault (same to say with schumi), we will see a lot of exciting races this year.

Right now, Alonso and Kimi are the champions of the near future (well, Alonso maybe this year, hope so!). It doesn't look like there are too many talented young drivers like them in the f1 circus, so I guess the future will depend in their cars development for the years to come (or change of teams, etc) . Even Alonso said recently that last year, he was giving a 110 % effort and could only finish in 5 th place, while this year he's winning races driving at his 80 %.

Talent is obviously very important, but another 50 % goes to the car in my opinion. Right now, Alonso's car is the fastest.

I know, but look at Trully & Ralf Schumacher. They've both signed for a less powerful team that the ones they belonged to, but so far it seems like Toyota is going to be up there. The car has run pretty well.

Toyota and Red Bull's success adds a lot of interest to the races. In the case of Toyota at least, a huge amount of investment has been made, and they are now taking their well earned profits.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2005, 12:35:04 PM »

2005 Championship 3/19 races

DRIVERS
Name  Team  Points
Fernando Alonso Renault 26
Jarno Trulli Toyota 16
Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 10
David Coulthard Red Bull 9
Ralf Schumacher Toyota 9
Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 8
Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren 8
Kimi Raikkonen McLaren 7
Mark Webber Williams 7
Nick Heidfeld Williams 6
Pedro de la Rosa McLaren 4
Christian Klien Red Bull 3
Felipe Massa Sauber 2
Michael Schumacher Ferrari 2

CONSTRUCTORS
Team  Points
Renault 36
Toyota 25
McLaren 19
Williams 13
Red Bull 12
Ferrari 10
Sauber 2
BAR 0
Jordan 0
Minardi 0

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2005, 01:00:09 PM »

WURZ TO REPLACE JPM AT IMOLA

Alex Wurz will partner Kimi Raikkonen in place of the injured McLaren-Mercedes driver Juan Pablo Montoya in the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola this weekend.

The Austrian, who is the team's official test and reserve driver, was selected over the team's other test driver Pedro de la Rosa, who performed so well in the recent Bahrain Grand Prix while standing in for Montoya.

"I am looking forward to getting back to competitive action and hope I can secure a good result for the team," said Wurz, who last raced in the 2000 Malaysian Grand Prix.

"Since joining the team at the end of 2000, I have completed over 70,000km and it will be great to have the opportunity to actually race a McLaren!"

Wurz has been unable to fit in the team's 2005 MP4-20 for most of this year.

It was only when McLaren rushed through modifications so that the lanky 31-year-old could perform Friday testing duties in Bahrain in place of de la Rosa, that he finally got to drive the car.

It was this lack of experience with the MP4-20 that prompted the team to select de la Rosa for Bahrain, where he finished fifth and set the fastest lap of the race.

"He (Wurz) really deserves this race, and he will have our full support," said Mercedes Motorsport VP Norbert Haug.

According to the team it is still too soon for Montoya to return to the cockpit since injuring his shoulder over the Easter weekend.

"It is disappointing that JPM is not yet fully recovered from the injury he sustained," said the team's CEO Martin Whitmarsh.

"However it is imperative that his shoulder heals properly.

"We will assess the situation again next week but at this stage we are optimistic he will return for the Spanish Grand Prix as the shoulder is healing well."

http://www.itv-f1.com

/jarmo

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2005, 06:46:43 AM »

Come on Jenson, nows a perfect time to find some form!

England  love Jenson!

Emerald Blues
Opening Act

something has died

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2005, 11:34:39 AM »

I actually glad to see both of these two drivers get their season of to a great start,even if it is due to the fact the top teams have not gotten off to the best of starts themselves.
The fact that Ferrari rushed their new car out earlier than expected shows you that these smaller teams are beginning to become a threat.
I feel sorry for Ralph he will always be overshadowed by his elder brother.What a tough act to follow and for Trulli,Renaults loss is Toyota's gain.He is if anything a constant driver.I would love to see him in a Ferrari.
It is great to see Nick Heidfeld doing so well this season.He should have been picked to drive for McLaren not Kimi.

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2005, 07:28:39 AM »

Jenson was quickest in practice...lets see if he can do it in qualifying!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: