Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227854 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Kayne video saying he does not care about black people.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kayne video saying he does not care about black people.  (Read 25845 times)
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2005, 09:52:49 PM »

Well in the longer video I just posted, Kanye says this:

"Even for me to complain, I would be a hypocrite.... I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and to imagine if I was down there, those are my people down there..."

So Kanye is donating as much as he can and calling out for others to do the same, he can go right ahead and criticize the rescue effort as far as I'm concerned.? I wouldn't expect him to stop living his life (i.e. promoting his new CD) to go down there and save people, just like I wouldn't expect you guys to quit your jobs to go help.

What you said makes a lot of sense, Eazy. I just don't think it's cool of him to turn it into a race war:"Us against Them". The white man didn't cause the hurricane. There are lots of white and other races of people helping out with this disaster. The focus should be on helping right now, and the criticizing can come afterwards.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2005, 09:56:13 PM »

Kanye basically doesnt care about black people.

He admits in that thing Eazy posted that he had been shopping and everything before donating.

So he can say because it took Bush a few days to get to NO that he doesnt care about black people YET Kanye can go shopping and turn his back on those people until it ties in well with his CD release and only now that his CD is out coincidentally can he call his manager and see how much he can donate.

This guy is a fake ass bitch who needs to shut his mouth and has no right to criticize anyone.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2005, 10:06:09 PM »

I honestly don't know anything about him, and I thought the whole telethon incident was pretty funny.  He might be a complete idiot and certainly didn't come off as very intelligent.  But he did admit he was a hypocrite for turning away from the tv and shopping and such.  So that's something, isn't it? 

Don't worry, I don't expect Kanye's comments are going to harm Bush in anyway.  And he's not going to to convince millions of black people that Bush is racist.  They either all ready think he is or he isn't, Kanye West won't change that.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2005, 10:49:47 PM »

Ah, what a country you guys live in where you look for celebrities to come rescue people instead of the government!

In this country, the celebrities will be the first to go on tv and ask middle America to give money to help.

During the 9-11 donation period, Rosie O'Donald made a huge offering of money. She voiced frustration (without naming names) of all the celebs who she personally called, who chose not to give any money. Some were the same ones on tv asking us to donate.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2005, 11:07:43 PM »

Kanye reminds me of Paris Hilton who participated in MTV's vote or die campaign even though she herself wasnt registered

Kanye was shopping before he donated and now he has the balls to say someone doesnt care?

Priceless!

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2005, 11:54:05 PM »

In this country, the celebrities will be the first to go on tv and ask middle America to give money to help.

During the 9-11 donation period, Rosie O'Donald made a huge offering of money. She voiced frustration (without naming names) of all the celebs who she personally called, who chose not to give any money. Some were the same ones on tv asking us to donate.

So when there is a tragedy, the celebrities are contacted to be the voice of raising money (whether they donate or not), is that because the citizens don't pay as much attention if the government encouraged people to help out? or because the government is 5 days late in responding?  It doesn't really suprise me that some of them don't donate, but I wouldn't group Kanye in with them since he just said he was already helping out.

Kanye was shopping before he donated and now he has the balls to say someone doesnt care?

Priceless!

This is priceless?  To admit that he was wrong and decide that the right thing would be to help out?  Now I'm not sure why you're comparing a musician to the President of the U.S., but I'll give Kanye credit for admitting that he was late in responding, unlike Bush.  Not only that, I've seen more emotion pouring out of Kanye then I've ever seen coming from George "I think about Iraq everyday" Bush.

journey, I don't think he's trying to turn it into a "white vs. black", but more of a "government vs. black"
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2005, 12:28:50 AM »

MTV.com has a bunch of reactions to his comments (and a poll):

http://www.mtv.com/news/polls/news_extra/

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1509000/20050906/index.jhtml?headlines=true

http://www.mtv.com/news/youtellus/topics/w/west_kanye/090605.jhtml
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2005, 06:43:17 AM »

Kanye reminds me of Paris Hilton who participated in MTV's vote or die campaign even though she herself wasnt registered

Priceless!

No, not really.

Not at all, actually.

How you can jump on something that came through his own admission...Is beyond me.

And besides, him waiting until he had been shopping before donating has little (well, no) relevance to the major complaints of the reaction of those who should have taken charge of the situation (not being Kanye).

If somebody admits to wrongdoing (though, in this case, can it even merit that label?) that would not have come out otherwise, then it is not...proper...to use it against them.

Though, the very notion that there is anything priceless in his self-accepting statement that includes that he himself would become a hypocrite, is actually laughable in itself.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 06:44:59 AM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2005, 08:52:20 AM »

The video's not working

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
makane
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2005, 10:46:28 AM »

Well, that was stupid  confused

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
POPmetal
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2005, 01:12:16 PM »

Wow, Kanye is very inarticulate for someone who is considered to be the 'smartest man in rap' Shocked He sounds like a raving lunatic.

At least now we know what celebrities sound like when they don't have things written out for them.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2005, 01:27:39 PM »

Wow, Kanye is very inarticulate for someone who is considered to be the 'smartest man in rap' Shocked He sounds like a raving lunatic.

At least now we know what celebrities sound like when they don't have things written out for them.

Yeah he was obviously nervous, because he knew he was taking a big chance with speaking his mind about the situation. I think he could've turned his anger and frustration into something more productive. It's cool that he cares about people, but it seemed like he redirected that care to focus on his political agenda and hatred for the system.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 01:29:32 PM by journey » Logged
Kitano
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2005, 02:16:10 PM »

Kayne West has also gone on record in the past to allege that Aids is a bioweapon created by the US to kill africans.  The guy is obviously a total nutjob.

As for President Bush not caring about black people, it's just a cheap shot. 

The mayor of New Orleans is black and he didn't have a good enough plan to deal with the disaster.  His only job is taking care of New Orleans and he failed.  Next up the list is the Governor of Louisiana who failed as well.  There was no way to position national guard soldiers or supplies nearer to New Orleans without having them being seriously damaged by the hurricane so there was always going to be a delay between the end of the hurricane and the supplies arriving.  There was also a number of factors that extended the delay.  Up to a third of the police officers in New Orleans couldn't get to work because of flooding or because they were taking care of their own families who had been caught up in the hurricane.  The entire communications infrastructure in New Orleans was brought down making it impossible to co-ordinate relief.  Flooded roads meant that alot of supplies had to be brought in by air which is much slower than by ground and lastly the presence of retards shooting at the rescuers meant that police officers who should have been bringing supplies to people in need had to be diverted to protecting hospitals and other locations.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2005, 02:34:43 PM »

Kayne West has also gone on record in the past to allege that Aids is a bioweapon created by the US to kill africans.  The guy is obviously a total nutjob.

As for President Bush not caring about black people, it's just a cheap shot. 

The mayor of New Orleans is black and he didn't have a good enough plan to deal with the disaster.  His only job is taking care of New Orleans and he failed.  Next up the list is the Governor of Louisiana who failed as well.  There was no way to position national guard soldiers or supplies nearer to New Orleans without having them being seriously damaged by the hurricane so there was always going to be a delay between the end of the hurricane and the supplies arriving.  There was also a number of factors that extended the delay.  Up to a third of the police officers in New Orleans couldn't get to work because of flooding or because they were taking care of their own families who had been caught up in the hurricane.  The entire communications infrastructure in New Orleans was brought down making it impossible to co-ordinate relief.  Flooded roads meant that alot of supplies had to be brought in by air which is much slower than by ground and lastly the presence of retards shooting at the rescuers meant that police officers who should have been bringing supplies to people in need had to be diverted to protecting hospitals and other locations.

I totally disagree. As soon as that river flooded New Orleans it could have been swooped down on by the Feds and taken care of. They could have gone down there Iwo Jima style and taken control of that city and the dome.

Bush didn't even come of vacation for what 3 days into this thing?

Where does the buck stop? IT WAS THE FEDS who cut funds for this city, it was the FEDS who proposed another HUGE fund cut for this city disaster relief.

It was the FEDS who put up the red tape when it was time to act.

No fuckin' way is this a state level thing.

When are we going to get honest here?

Bush made the cuts, then was a shit leader when it was time to act.

Malicious? NO.

Poor leader, excuse maker? YES
Kitano
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2005, 03:02:31 PM »

The mayor of New Orleans is responsible for ensuring that a adequate disaster plan is in place in his city, just like the mayor of every city is responsible for planning for emergencies.  As an example, the department of homeland security provides money to plan a response to a terrorist attack, they give this money to the city and state governments who then decide how it should be best spent.  The aftermath of Katrina shows that his plan was not adequate. 

At the moment, the person who is overall command of the recovery efforts in Louisiana is the governor.  She is in command of the national guard troops and her authority supercedes the director of fema.  The only role that the president plays in this is the provision of money and materials from the federal government to assist in the recovery.

National guard units that were assigned to the hurricane recovery work had to be stationed outside of the affected area because there is little point in stationing them close to the city and have them caught up in the storm.  It takes time to move large numbers of troops and considering the serious and widespread damage to the infrastructure of the area around New Orleans they moved pretty quickly.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2005, 03:06:40 PM »

What else could the mayor do? ?He ordered an unprecedented evacuation of major city. ?Then he offered the only building that could survive a cat 4 hurricaine as a last resort shelter. ?By doing this, he saved hundreds of thousands of lives. ?If he hadn't ordered that evacuation, so many more would have been lost. ?But no city has the resources to run such a huge rescue/relief operation. ?That's FEMA's job. ?And FEMA was on tv before the hurricane saying how well prepared they were. ?What a joke. ?At least the mayor was willing to put his neck on the line and blast the people above him, fight for the citizens of his city, and not just talk political nonsense about how good the response was, etc. ?

As far as there being no way in, that's just not true. ?There was a freeway into the city that all the reporters used from day 1, and the military used it 5 days later, when they decided to go in. ?The ?communications in the city were gone, that's true, that's why the local police were so helpless. ?But our military, FEMA, etc. has the ability to communicate without relying on local systems. ?

They didn't get there sooner because they chose not to. ?They weren't trying. ?I don't think its because the people there are black, and Kanye West might be a nutjob, I have no idea. ?But our government failed and let people die. ?That's a fact. ?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2005, 03:34:05 PM »

One more time

Kanye West is on TV sabotaging a telethon to take the focus off the people and put the focus on his controversial statement.

He himself waited over a week to even think about donating so how can he sit there and say "My people and include himself in that when he is sittin on his rich ass while people are starving and dying?"

He has no right to say shit.

Sayin they "are shooting at us"

Funny I didnt see his ass down there to be shot at so what is all this us about?

Secondly he obviously has no clue or he would know they were shooting people who were snipers and shooting hospitals and terrorizing people.

Kanye is a joke

Did the GOVT drop the ball? Sure, they totally fucked up

Does Bush hate blacks? NO, I dont get that at all.

IM just sayin if u are gonna accuse someone of hating black people, u better be damn sure u are out there helping your so called people which he wasnt.

POPmetal
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2005, 05:17:24 PM »

Also, in his rambling, the fool makes it sound as if Bush send in the troops to shoot black people.

It was actually GOVERNOR BLANCO (a democrat) who made the comment "These troops know how to shoot and kill, and are more than willing to do so if necessary. And I expect they will." And she did the right thing under the circumstances.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 05:19:50 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Kitano
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2005, 06:59:06 PM »

Oxymoron of the day.  Intelligent rapper. Grin
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2005, 11:08:10 PM »

Oxymoron of the day. Intelligent rapper. Grin

Oxymoron 5 days from now, Competent President. Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »