Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227859 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Kayne video saying he does not care about black people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kayne video saying he does not care about black people.  (Read 25847 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005, 01:03:23 AM »

Oxymoron of the day. Intelligent rapper. Grin

Oxymoron 5 days from now, Competent President. Grin

Good one. Grin
POPmetal
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2005, 04:02:18 AM »

What else could the mayor do? ?He ordered an unprecedented evacuation of major city. ?Then he offered the only building that could survive a cat 4 hurricaine as a last resort shelter. ?By doing this, he saved hundreds of thousands of lives. ?If he hadn't ordered that evacuation, so many more would have been lost. ?But no city has the resources to run such a huge rescue/relief operation. ?That's FEMA's job. ?And FEMA was on tv before the hurricane saying how well prepared they were. ?What a joke. ?At least the mayor was willing to put his neck on the line and blast the people above him, fight for the citizens of his city, and not just talk political nonsense about how good the response was, etc. ?

Actually, the city had enough busses to take all the people who were too poor to get out and bus them out in an orderly fashion.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2005, 11:00:33 AM »

What else could the mayor do? ?He ordered an unprecedented evacuation of major city. ?Then he offered the only building that could survive a cat 4 hurricaine as a last resort shelter. ?By doing this, he saved hundreds of thousands of lives. ?If he hadn't ordered that evacuation, so many more would have been lost. ?But no city has the resources to run such a huge rescue/relief operation. ?That's FEMA's job. ?And FEMA was on tv before the hurricane saying how well prepared they were. ?What a joke. ?At least the mayor was willing to put his neck on the line and blast the people above him, fight for the citizens of his city, and not just talk political nonsense about how good the response was, etc. ?

Actually, the city had enough busses to take all the people who were too poor to get out and bus them out in an orderly fashion.

where to?  They only had about a day to make arrangements.  Anyway you can argue what should have been done before the disaster all you want.  Bush cut funding to projects to strengthem the levees.  I think Clinton did too, and when he was president our country probably had the money to spend on the levees.  But however much anybody screwed up before the disaster doesn't excuse the horrible response afterwards.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2005, 12:04:05 PM »

What else could the mayor do?  He ordered an unprecedented evacuation of major city.  Then he offered the only building that could survive a cat 4 hurricaine as a last resort shelter.  By doing this, he saved hundreds of thousands of lives.  If he hadn't ordered that evacuation, so many more would have been lost.  But no city has the resources to run such a huge rescue/relief operation.  That's FEMA's job.  And FEMA was on tv before the hurricane saying how well prepared they were.  What a joke.  At least the mayor was willing to put his neck on the line and blast the people above him, fight for the citizens of his city, and not just talk political nonsense about how good the response was, etc. 

Post links to back your claims or clam it.
POPmetal
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2005, 03:05:39 PM »

where to?? They only had about a day to make arrangements.? Anyway you can argue what should have been done before the disaster all you want.? Bush cut funding to projects to strengthem the levees.? I think Clinton did too, and when he was president our country probably had the money to spend on the levees.? But however much anybody screwed up before the disaster doesn't excuse the horrible response afterwards.

No it doesn't, but that's not the point. The point is that the city of New Orleans screwed up big time as well. Probably more than anyone else.

And it's not as simple as Bush and Clinton cut funding for levees either. There were federal proposals for projects to strengthen the levees that were rejected on the local level. If anyone's to blame about that, it's  government bureaucracy in general.
rainX
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2005, 03:20:27 PM »

if you seriously think we couldn't have done something faster, i'd like to see you in the same situation, on the news, saying "It's cool, I don't mind waiting, I understand there's a lot of legal mumbo jumbo before they can come save us or even bring us food"
Kitano
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2005, 03:20:41 PM »

What else could the mayor do?? He ordered an unprecedented evacuation of major city.? Then he offered the only building that could survive a cat 4 hurricaine as a last resort shelter.? By doing this, he saved hundreds of thousands of lives.? If he hadn't ordered that evacuation, so many more would have been lost.? But no city has the resources to run such a huge rescue/relief operation.? That's FEMA's job.? And FEMA was on tv before the hurricane saying how well prepared they were.? What a joke.? At least the mayor was willing to put his neck on the line and blast the people above him, fight for the citizens of his city, and not just talk political nonsense about how good the response was, etc.?

Fox news had footage of hundreds of school buses submerged in water that should have been used before the hurricane hit.
Kitano
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2005, 03:21:37 PM »

if you seriously think we couldn't have done something faster, i'd like to see you in the same situation, on the news, saying "It's cool, I don't mind waiting, I understand there's a lot of legal mumbo jumbo before they can come save us or even bring us food"

I don't wait around for government hand outs.  I take care of myself and my own family.
POPmetal
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2005, 03:31:33 PM »

who are you talking to??? I don't remember anyone saying the federal response was exemplary?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2005, 04:26:12 PM »

I don't wait around for government hand outs.? I take care of myself and my own family.

So are you saying the people who didn't evacuate deserved what they got? 
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2005, 04:29:16 PM »

Popmetal, I hope nothing like this ever happens to you but if it did I am sure you'd be there getting your MREs and water just like everybody else.  I am glad you have empathy for these poor people.  Are you Karl Rove's bastard child?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »

where to?? They only had about a day to make arrangements.? Anyway you can argue what should have been done before the disaster all you want.? Bush cut funding to projects to strengthem the levees.? I think Clinton did too, and when he was president our country probably had the money to spend on the levees.? But however much anybody screwed up before the disaster doesn't excuse the horrible response afterwards.

No it doesn't, but that's not the point. The point is that the city of New Orleans screwed up big time as well. Probably more than anyone else.

And it's not as simple as Bush and Clinton cut funding for levees either. There were federal proposals for projects to strengthen the levees that were rejected on the local level. If anyone's to blame about that, it's? government bureaucracy in general.

You still don't post anything to back your claims.

The state asked Bush for funds (for Katrina) and help on 8-27-05. How does that equate to them 'screwing up bigtime'?

They knew what was coming, asked for it, and got a slow response. Bush stayed on vacation for Christ's sake.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2005, 05:01:05 PM »

What else could the mayor do?? He ordered an unprecedented evacuation of major city.? Then he offered the only building that could survive a cat 4 hurricaine as a last resort shelter.? By doing this, he saved hundreds of thousands of lives.? If he hadn't ordered that evacuation, so many more would have been lost.? But no city has the resources to run such a huge rescue/relief operation.? That's FEMA's job.? And FEMA was on tv before the hurricane saying how well prepared they were.? What a joke.? At least the mayor was willing to put his neck on the line and blast the people above him, fight for the citizens of his city, and not just talk political nonsense about how good the response was, etc.?

Fox news had footage of hundreds of school buses submerged in water that should have been used before the hurricane hit.

Fox news has already started the smear campaign against the state government with misleading and false reporting. Anything to take the spotlight of ole W.
POPmetal
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2005, 05:24:20 PM »

Popmetal, I hope nothing like this ever happens to you but if it did I am sure you'd be there getting your MREs and water just like everybody else.? I am glad you have empathy for these poor people.?

For the millionth time, I didn't say the federal government didn't screw up in their response as well. What? You feel compelled to chastise anyone who is not as rabidly anti-Bush as you are, and you can't attack me with anything real, so you have to imply made up false things?

Are you Karl Rove's bastard child?

I'll take this as a compliment.
POPmetal
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2005, 05:31:05 PM »

And it's not as simple as Bush and Clinton cut funding for levees either. There were federal proposals for projects to strengthen the levees that were rejected on the local level. If anyone's to blame about that, it's? government bureaucracy in general.

The state asked Bush for funds (for Katrina) and help on 8-27-05. How does that equate to them 'screwing up bigtime'?

They knew what was coming, asked for it, and got a slow response. Bush stayed on vacation for Christ's sake.

Kitano already did that for me. Just because you automatically discredit everything that comes out of Fox News, that's your problem. Fact is, the buses were there and nobody used them to evacuate anyone. Why do I get the feeling that if mayor Nagin had remained a Republican (he switched parties just before running for mayor; and had in fact contributed money to GW Bush's election campaign) you'd be the first in line to blast him for not using those busses?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 05:34:33 PM by POPmetal » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2005, 05:56:53 PM »

What else could the mayor do?  He ordered an unprecedented evacuation of major city.  Then he offered the only building that could survive a cat 4 hurricaine as a last resort shelter.  By doing this, he saved hundreds of thousands of lives.  If he hadn't ordered that evacuation, so many more would have been lost.  But no city has the resources to run such a huge rescue/relief operation.  That's FEMA's job.  And FEMA was on tv before the hurricane saying how well prepared they were.  What a joke.  At least the mayor was willing to put his neck on the line and blast the people above him, fight for the citizens of his city, and not just talk political nonsense about how good the response was, etc. 

where to?  They only had about a day to make arrangements.  Anyway you can argue what should have been done before the disaster all you want.  Bush cut funding to projects to strengthem the levees.  I think Clinton did too, and when he was president our country probably had the money to spend on the levees.  But however much anybody screwed up before the disaster doesn't excuse the horrible response afterwards.

And it's not as simple as Bush and Clinton cut funding for levees either. There were federal proposals for projects to strengthen the levees that were rejected on the local level. If anyone's to blame about that, it's  government bureaucracy in general.

Why do I get the feeling that if mayor Nagin had remained a Republican (he switched parties just before running for mayor; and had in fact contributed money to GW Bush's election campaign) you'd be the first in line to blast him for not using those busses?

I dunno...because your dumb?
POPmetal
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2005, 06:04:13 PM »

Thanks! Every time you make a statement like that, though you may get the adoration of the other extreme leftists, it makes your point of view look more and more like a joke to everyone else  beer
SLCPUNK
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2005, 06:30:56 PM »

Thanks! Every time you make a statement like that, though you may get the adoration of the other extreme leftists, it makes your point of view look more and more like a joke to everyone else  beer

I doubt it.
rainX
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2005, 11:46:04 PM »

"I don't wait around for government hand outs.  I take care of myself and my own family."

God Bless You.

Actually, I think it says in the bible to take care of yourself and your own family, and to be spiteful towards those who NEED HELP.

SLC - loved your posts man, it's nice to know people like you exist. John Kerry would have left wherever he was immediately and gotten on a fucking boat himself and showed in some symbollic statement to America that we were helping. He certainly wouldn't have stayed on vacation  ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2005, 12:07:24 AM »

"I don't wait around for government hand outs.  I take care of myself and my own family."

God Bless You.

Actually, I think it says in the bible to take care of yourself and your own family, and to be spiteful towards those who NEED HELP.

SLC - loved your posts man, it's nice to know people like you exist. John Kerry would have left wherever he was immediately and gotten on a fucking boat himself and showed in some symbollic statement to America that we were helping. He certainly wouldn't have stayed on vacation  ok

Thank you.

You know I watched Larry King tonight and saw Sean Penn down there pulling people out of that bacteria filled water.

People, of course, always attack Penn because he went against the Bush-war-machine very early on.

Larry asked him what he thought about people criticizing him for going down to help other people. That surely he knows that people think he only went down there for publicity.

Penn's response was perfect. He said "I went down there, we managed to pull 40 people onto a boat and to safety. That is what I know, people can say what they want, I don't care. I coudl not sit at home and watch this."

He was no armchair admiral, but rather got up, put his boots on, and flew from San Fran to NO to help other human beings. Nowhere did he stop to think "I'm gonna stay here because I'm ok with my family and wealthy", or "on vacation". He went down there, actually swimming in that water to pull people out.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: