Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:28:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  3rd-Grader Brings Knife To Class
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3rd-Grader Brings Knife To Class  (Read 1748 times)
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« on: May 15, 2007, 11:22:36 PM »

WARREN, Mich. -- Several parents in Warren said they are outraged after learning about a potentially dangerous situation that happened at their children's charter school.

A spokeswoman for National Heritage Academies said an 8-year-old boy was issued a six-day suspension for bringing a pocketknife to class at Great Oaks Academy. She said the child made some sort of threat after another student teased him.

The student who teased the boy told his parents he was threatened. The next day, school officials said they searched the 8-year-old's backpack and found two pocket knives.
Click here to find out more!

Parents said they were notified too late, and some said that if the boy is not expelled, they will pull their kids out of the school.

One father is so upset he has already pulled his third-grade daughter out of class.

"Right now, there are talks of him coming back, and I don't want to take the chance of her being in class with him," parent Mike Chaney said.

According to Michigan's school violence laws, a knife with a blade less than three inches in length is not considered a dangerous weapon, but some parents said they strongly disagree.

"(School officials are) pretty much telling us that it wasn't important enough contact us -- little knives aren't considered weapons," parent Kelly Sorlien said.

The principal told Local 4 a letter will be sent out to all of the parents apologizing for not notifying them about the boy with the knife. On Friday, school leaders said they will meet with parents to determine if the boy should be allowed back into school.

"They say that (the boy) has a right to be educated here on the premises, but we feel that our kids should not be in fear and should not have a disrupted educational environment," parent Talia Goetting said.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13296752/detail.html?subid=22100415&qs=1;bp=t

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:33:25 PM »

Maybe if the school disciplined the kid who was doing the teasing, the other kid wouldn't feel the need to bring in a knife. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:41:10 AM »

Maybe the kid was scared of school faculty who stage fictitious gun attacks while screaming "This is not a drill."
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »

Maybe if the school disciplined the kid who was doing the teasing, the other kid wouldn't feel the need to bring in a knife. 

I strongly agree on this one. I was jumped a few years back at school by some kids who thought they were hot shit. They didn't get in trouble at all, the police didn't investigate it at all, and I end up getting suspended 'cause I told the school that if something ever happens like this again, I was going to stab someone with a pencil.

It's just fucked up on how schools handle things nowadays it seems.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 12:04:32 PM »

I strongly agree on this one. I was jumped a few years back at school by some kids who thought they were hot shit. They didn't get in trouble at all, the police didn't investigate it at all, and I end up getting suspended 'cause I told the school that if something ever happens like this again, I was going to stab someone with a pencil.

DeVito style !

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: