Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:53:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  45% of Americans want Bush impeached
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 45% of Americans want Bush impeached  (Read 12629 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 11:37:48 PM »

No matter how many oppose impeachment, there's a BIG difference between thinking someone's stupid or incompetent, on one hand, and that they've committed impeachable offenses, on the other.

One of the laws he and that dick Cheney have violated is United States Code Title 18, Chapter 13C, Section 2340A;

Torture :

(a) Offense. - Whoever outside the United States commits or
    attempts to commit torture shall be fined under this title or
    imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both, and if death results to
    any person from conduct prohibited by this subsection, shall be
    punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life.
      (b) Jurisdiction. - There is jurisdiction over the activity
    prohibited in subsection (a) if -
        (1) the alleged offender is a national of the United States; or
        (2) the alleged offender is present in the United States,
      irrespective of the nationality of the victim or alleged
      offender.

(c) Conspiracy. - A person who conspires to commit an offense
    under this section shall be subject to the same penalties (other
    than the penalty of death) as the penalties prescribed for the
    offense, the commission of which was the object of the conspiracy.

From FINDLAW

Then there is always the wire tap thingy. The "rule of law" means absolutely nothing to those two, other than something to pervert.

I think you may have misinterpreted my post.  I'm saying that, even for the most stupid and incompetent of Presidents, pro-impeachment numbers shouldn't be anything NEAR 45%.  The fact that 45% of our country believes our President has taken actions that would constitute high crimes and misdemeanors is stunning.  And I don't mean "it's stunning how stupid those 45% are" but "it's stunning that there is enough evidence of wrongdoing that half the population wants to impeach the President."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 08:08:58 AM »

Naw ... I pretty much know where you stand, I just wanted to post something for the "Reichwing" out there.

Pharmo, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed one of your idioms.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:10:43 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 11:03:52 AM »

I think an impeachment would also be a colossal distraction from the important issues facing this country, mainly Iraq.  Everyone hates Bush anyways, getting him removed would just be a stamp of approval that his admin has been a complete failure.  well, everyone already knows that anyways.  The american public should be focused on the next election (maybe not this early, but still) and what is going on in iraq as well as the rest of the world.

an impeachment would take a long time, drag out and in the end, not really accomplish much that would be positive for the country.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 11:18:12 AM »

75% of the 'Merikan' public doesn't even know that Japan is North of Australia. I hate to say it , but were a bunch of stoopid fucks. Gawd help us all ... Oh wait ... there is no gawd.

I was really going to post something sacreligious, but I don't want to offend anyone. haha

Punk, I borrowed another one of your idioms ... I hope you don't mind.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:20:17 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 11:35:29 AM »

This is totally unrealistic. I agree with the poster earlier, we have more, much more important things to deal with than an impeachment trial right now. Bush is gone in 09 anyway, so why waste the taxpayers money?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 12:03:28 PM »

This is totally unrealistic. I agree with the poster earlier, we have more, much more important things to deal with than an impeachment trial right now. Bush is gone in 09 anyway, so why waste the taxpayers money?

"Rule of Law"

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »

"Rule of Law"

I think your "rule of law" does not apply, its a bit of a stretch. Bush made some bad decisions, but I see no crime committed.  Like we need a  bullshit "witch hunt" right now.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 02:25:09 PM »

The Dems are just doing this to look good. It's a hollow, selfish reason behind doing what I think is the right thing.

Like we need a  bullshit "witch hunt" right now.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:59:21 PM by Pharmo » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 02:27:23 PM »

Only in America could it be where getting  a blowjob is worse than lying and sending American troops to die for nothing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 12:16:14 AM »

Only in America could it be where getting? a blowjob is worse than lying and sending American troops to die for nothing.

Yep, it all goes back to the fear of the feminine. Better to go out and crush, kill, destroy.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 12:26:39 AM »

Only in America could it be where getting  a blowjob is worse than lying and sending American troops to die for nothing.

Yep, it all goes back to the fear of the feminine. Better to go out and crush, kill, destroy.......

Huh?  We didn't put her on trial!  I think it's a stretch to say that "fear of the feminine" leads men to hate BJs.

Shocked

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 12:33:11 AM »

Only in America could it be where getting? a blowjob is worse than lying and sending American troops to die for nothing.

Huh?? We didn't put her on trial!? I think it's a stretch to say that "fear of the feminine" leads men to hate BJs.

Shocked

No, no, you see BJs put men in a vulnerable position - can be seen as a sign of weakness. Men are on the receiving end....
BJs put women in a powerful position - heck! all it takes is one chomp and you're scarred for life!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 01:05:29 AM »

Huh?  We didn't put her on trial!  I think it's a stretch to say that "fear of the feminine" leads men to hate BJs.

Shocked

No, no, you see BJs put men in a vulnerable position - can be seen as a sign of weakness. Men are on the receiving end....
BJs put women in a powerful position - heck! all it takes is one chomp and you're scarred for life!

I understand it in theory, but I simply don't think this "fear of the feminine" overrides the other male instinct known as "love of the BJ" (pretty sure it's from Aristotle).

And, um, not to be vulgar, but at some point in the process, women are on the receiving end.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 01:07:38 AM »

Huh?? We didn't put her on trial!? I think it's a stretch to say that "fear of the feminine" leads men to hate BJs.

Shocked

I understand it in theory, but I simply don't think this "fear of the feminine" overrides the other male instinct known as "love of the BJ" (pretty sure it's from Aristotle).

And, um, not to be vulgar, but at some point in the process, women are on the receiving end.? hihi

When it's in our mouth baby, we decide when you cum!  Grin

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 01:14:12 AM »

Shocked

And, um, not to be vulgar, but at some point in the process, women are on the receiving end.  hihi

When it's in our mouth baby, we decide when you cum!  Grin

You've singlehandedly (singlemouthedly?) altered the way I think of school teachers.  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 01:29:36 AM »

Thanks man!

(Good thing for me I'm gaining further qualifications so I can work in museums)!! I can rewrite history according to SHE!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007, 02:05:02 AM »

I can rewrite history according to SHE!

She bop--he bop--a--we bop
I bop--you bop--a--they bop
Be bop--be bop--a--lu--she bop,
Oo--oo--she--do--she bop--she bop
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 02:06:41 AM »

or, I am woman hear me roar......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »

I'm certainly not one to defend the craptacular escapades of the Republicans and the Ken Starr fiasco but....

Clinton allegedly committed perjury.  Now, granted, the subject of that perjury was the aforementioned blowjob, but...still.

I was NOT for Clinton getting impeached over it....disbarred, yes....sanctioned by congress, yes, but not impeached.  That was just Republican grandstanding for the sake of political capital.

Now, the thing is, Bush hasn't (that we KNOW OF) directly committed any crimes....done some things ouside the sentiment of the law, some things that are decidedly in a grey legal area, but not knowingly, obvioulsy, on a taped grand jury testimony, OH MY GOD WHAT WAS HE THINKING, there for all Americans to see illegal things.  Gross mismanagement, I'll give you.  Awful at his job most of his term, I'll also give you.  But, God help us, we elected him (well, at least once.... Smiley ), so we have to put up with him until his term is over and try to do better with the next guy.

Cheyney.....Dick's a different story.  Dick makes Nixon look like a push over.  I think just the Scooter Libby stuff could probably be traced back to Cheney, and that would be enough to land him in the impeachment chair.  The thing is....it's just not worth it.  The poking that would need to be done, of that wasps nest, isn't worth what little political capital the Dems would get from doing it.  I mean, look at the polls in this thread.  The American public already thinks he's crooked, already thinks he should "go away".  The Dems don't NEED to impeach him...the court of public opinion already has...and has already (looking at the mid-term results) as good an effect as an actual impeachment probably would.  The damage done to the Republican party is so extensive, at this point, I think the impeachment process might actually have a counter effect...there's more serious and concerning things to the population right now.  All the dems have to do, at this point, is to let the current administration continue to have enough rope to hang themselves with.

Bush's  "using executive priviledge" today is a prime example of that.  Just makes them look like they have something to hide....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeraldFord
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 01:27:08 PM »

As Truman said "the buck stops here."

If Cheney should be impeached, Bush should be impeached.

This is his war, he had the final say and he's the one that authorized the invasion. While his team may have nit-picked the intelligence to have it validate their claims, Bush should ultimately be held responsible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: