Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  40 years of Rolling Stone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 40 years of Rolling Stone  (Read 1675 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« on: April 06, 2008, 08:47:06 AM »

Potentially interesting programme on BBC Radio 4 this Thursday.  Write-up from Radio Times below:-

1968: It's Not Just about the Music
Thursday 10 April
11:30am - 12:00pm BST (GMT +1)
BBC Radio 4

Listen, man, if you wanted to know what was going down in 68, then all you had to do was grab yourself a copy of Rolling Stone magazine. Excuse the cod-stoner language, but in essence, to be abreast of what was occupying the generation concerned with the counter-culture revolution, this was the place to find it. Along with its justifiably famous contribution to rock journalism, Rolling Stone has given voice to some of the greatest writers of its generation, including Hunter S Thompson, PJ O'Rourke, Joe Klein and many others, and carried big-name interviews and, more importantly, radical political essays. The always entertaining Joe Queenan looks back over the 40-year-reign of founder and publisher Jann Wenner, highlighting how the fortunes of the iconic magazine has wavered between radicalism and showbiz tartery. It's still true to say: if you make it on to the cover of Rolling Stone, you've made it - big time.

You can listen online at the BBC site or use their listen again feature for 7 days after the broadcast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/pip/56a8z/

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »

..and in 2008 if you want to know what was happening in music a month or two ago, pick up a copy of Rolling Stone!  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »

We keep gettin richer, but we can't get our picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone.  Sorry this made me think of this song Grin.  Anybody familiar with it?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:33:51 PM »

We keep gettin richer, but we can't get our picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone.  Sorry this made me think of this song Grin.  Anybody familiar with it?
Dr Hook and the Sloppy Seconds Grin... seen them live so many times,  great party band Wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: