Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:47:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  40 car pileup in Maryland! Be careful driving!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 40 car pileup in Maryland! Be careful driving!  (Read 1952 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: January 19, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090119/ap_on_re_us/maryland_crash

they got a video at this link.

A pileup of 35 cars and five tractor-trailers on a snowy Maryland highway killed two people Monday and seriously injured at least a dozen, state police said.

Snow was at least partly to blame for the 12:30 p.m. crash on Interstate 70 near South Mountain in northwestern Maryland, said State Police spokeswoman Elena Russo. An inch-and-a-half of snow quickly fell around the same time as the pileup.

Twelve seriously injured people were taken to Washington County Hospital, Russo said.

Jessica Granek, 21, of Columbia, was driving west with three friends to go skiing at Whitetail as visibility was getting worse from the snow, which left a slushy mess on the ground.

"We started to see brake lights, and I saw a blue SUV turn hard and become perpendicular to the road," Granek said. "That made everyone put their brakes on and (they) started sliding. We were fortunate to veer off the right side of road."

She described a scene "out of a movie or TV show" with cars spinning out of control and "kept getting nailed from every side." Cars veered off into a wooded area, and Granek saw a tractor-trailer that "flew by everyone and went into the woods." An oil tanker jumped a guardrail.

Somehow, Granek's car was untouched. When a tanker narrowly missed it, she and her friends ran into the woods away from the road. She called 911, and within minutes, emergency crews were on the scene.

Granek and her friends were among 71 people, including infants and the elderly, who were taken to a Red Cross shelter in Washington County, said Julie Barr-Strasburg, executive director of the county's Red Cross chapter.

While about six people were able to leave because they lived nearby, others were waiting to retrieve their vehicles from the pileup, she said. The Red Cross was prepared to keep the shelter open until at least midnight, she said.

"We are in close contact with emergency management and we are hearing that it will be quite some time before the road is open," she said late Monday afternoon.

Most of the people taken to the shelter suffered from "bumps and bruises" and were receiving first aid, she said.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »

fuhuhuuuck!! that's INSANE!

do you even know where the fuck I am?
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »

i just was in maryland yesterday visiting a friend. Holy shit thats crazy

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:45:13 AM »

insane!!!!!! i hate driving in those conditions!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:48:09 AM »

it keeps amazing me how people crash and cause accidents when there's a little bit of snow.

Every fucking year the winter/weather "surprises" the drivers, it's like giving the same joke over and over again to a person with dementia.

Honestly, if the conditions are bad just slow the fuck down.

I drive differently if the road is icy, snowy, or if I'm wearing winter tires or not.

It's that simple.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »

it keeps amazing me how people crash and cause accidents when there's a little bit of snow.

Every fucking year the winter/weather "surprises" the drivers, it's like giving the same joke over and over again to a person with dementia.

Honestly, if the conditions are bad just slow the fuck down.

I drive differently if the road is icy, snowy, or if I'm wearing winter tires or not.

It's that simple.

hihi  That's so true!

It doesn't snow often in Maryland so they aren't use to driving in it, but they should recognize it when it does happen.

Why don't you just....
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 10:58:42 AM »

Holy shit. Its the most snow we've had all winter so far, so im glad I had the day off. Didn't have to worry about something like that happening.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: