Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Saw Robin Last Night w/NIN
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saw Robin Last Night w/NIN  (Read 5810 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« on: October 05, 2013, 10:08:36 AM »

He's back to his gothic look and I didn't even recognize him at first.

I have to say - he did some solid work in GNR but his live stuff is better suited to NIN. I've seen him twice with NIN and four times with Guns.

Also - Trent has gone full Axl with Tracy and Roberta-style backups on stage, I think there were 9 or 10 people up there at some point.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 07:47:50 AM »

He's back to his gothic look and I didn't even recognize him at first.

I have to say - he did some solid work in GNR but his live stuff is better suited to NIN. I've seen him twice with NIN and four times with Guns.

Also - Trent has gone full Axl with Tracy and Roberta-style backups on stage, I think there were 9 or 10 people up there at some point.

nin is in Detroit tomorrow. I'm thinking about heading out to the venue in the late afternoon to see if I might be able to meet Robin.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
soverysadaboutus
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »

nin is in Detroit tomorrow. I'm thinking about heading out to the venue in the late afternoon to see if I might be able to meet Robin.

Good luck if you go early.  You're going to the show too or you're just going to see if you can find Robin?

So far on the tour, he's popped up in a couple random places around the venue.  The first show in St. Paul the band (minus Trent) brought out pizza around 5 p.m. or so, so a bunch of people were getting photos with him.  And in St. Louis he was apparently meditating on the lawn outside the venue, I think a couple people may have met him then.  I can't confirm that because I was waiting on the barricade already at that time, hah. 

I talked to Robin in St. Paul and Kansas City, he seems pretty happy to be back out on tour again, and I'm happy for him.  As a NIN fan, I've always preferred Robin in NIN, although I always liked that he had more freedom to be creative in GN'R.  More than anything I'd wanted to see him step out and finally do his own thing, but I think right now NIN is the best thing he could be doing. 

There are 8 people in NIN right now.  The additions are two back up singers who perform on a selection of songs (Lisa Fischer and Sharlotte Gibson) and Pino Palladino on bass.  I'm actually surprised at how well the female vocals work with NIN.  I honestly had my doubts when it was first announced, but probably shouldn't have because Trent knows what he's doing. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 09:33:25 AM »

Good luck if you go early.  You're going to the show too or you're just going to see if you can find Robin?

So far on the tour, he's popped up in a couple random places around the venue.  The first show in St. Paul the band (minus Trent) brought out pizza around 5 p.m. or so, so a bunch of people were getting photos with him.  And in St. Louis he was apparently meditating on the lawn outside the venue, I think a couple people may have met him then.  I can't confirm that because I was waiting on the barricade already at that time, hah. 

I talked to Robin in St. Paul and Kansas City, he seems pretty happy to be back out on tour again, and I'm happy for him.  As a NIN fan, I've always preferred Robin in NIN, although I always liked that he had more freedom to be creative in GN'R.  More than anything I'd wanted to see him step out and finally do his own thing, but I think right now NIN is the best thing he could be doing. 

There are 8 people in NIN right now.  The additions are two back up singers who perform on a selection of songs (Lisa Fischer and Sharlotte Gibson) and Pino Palladino on bass.  I'm actually surprised at how well the female vocals work with NIN.  I honestly had my doubts when it was first announced, but probably shouldn't have because Trent knows what he's doing. 

First off, I had no idea Pino was in nin currently. I'd love to meet him too.

Also, I'm not planning on going to the show though I have seen Robin with nin before. I'd be going out there with the specific purpose of trying to meet and hopefully get a picture with Robin.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »

Nice, I was given lower level tickets at work today for the show in Brooklyn tonight.  I'll give a review when I can
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 11:05:42 AM »

I saw the show in Brooklyn last night.  First off as usual NIN had one of the most incredible 'light shows' of any live act I've seen.  This was my 6th time seeing them and this was the most impressive stage show I've seen.  As for the music, I was disappointed with all of the 'newer' content they played.  Of the older stuff they played Terrible Lie, Wish, Burn, Head Like a Hole, March of the Pigs, Piggy, Hurt and A Warm Place.  Not that I cared, but I was surprised they did not play Closer.  That to me would be like GNR not playing November Rain.    The Wretched also sounded great.  I get the feeling Trent has made the decision to put the older material behind him.  Seems like some of the NIN catalogue might be retired for good! 

As for Robin himself, that guy belongs in NIN.  I know it is still hard for some GNR fans to not see him onstage with Axl, but he is so at home playing with Trent Reznor.  Robin received the loudest cheers from the crowd of all the musicians onstage when Trent introduced everyone.  He played the material perfectly.  Not really anything else I can say about him.

On a side note, does anyone know why Trent has not played Happiness in Slavery since before the David Bowie tour in 1995?  It was a mainstay in the set after it was released and it has never returned.  Its one of my favorite NIN songs and I have never heard it live! 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:23:09 PM »

I'm so glad to hear that Robin seems to be having a blast right now with NIN. I just love the guy plain and simple, his uniqueness, genuineness, style and character are all special.  Smiley I think Robin has always been a NIN sort of player, but that's why I loved him in Guns. Because he brought that edge and rawness which is so much more better than typical rock n' roll in my opinion.  Cool
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »

I never would have even known who robin is if Axl rose had not asked him to play guitar for him

but he since has become my favorite "new guy"

and i was invited to last nights show at Barclays and really wanted to go but had prior commitments... wish i had i heard that NIN was awesome

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »

Hey guys,

Live Nation posted some great pics of the Barclays Center show on their Facebook page.  There are a few nice pictures of Robin in there towards the end.  Check them out:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150326565379944.1073741843.23245714943&type=3
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 12:25:07 AM »

Hey guys,

Live Nation posted some great pics of the Barclays Center show on their Facebook page.  There are a few nice pictures of Robin in there towards the end.  Check them out:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150326565379944.1073741843.23245714943&type=3

They are nice shots indeed, cheers.  Cool
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 09:31:06 AM »

I wonder with Pino in NIN is going to lead to Pete Townshend and Trent doing something together. Wouldn't surprise me after he had worked with Lindsey Buckingham and Robbie Robertson.

Spring 2014 tour is a "coin flip" between NIN and QOTSA headlining.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: