Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:33:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Audioslave
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audioslave  (Read 59691 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2006, 04:15:06 PM »

AUDIOSLAVE have tapped Paul Brown (M?TLEY CR?E, OTEP, STONE SOUR) to direct the video for their new single, "Original Fire". The shoot will take place on June 29 in the Los Angeles area.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2006, 03:46:20 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: AUDIOSLAVE will release its third album, "Revelations", on September 5, but don't expect to see the band on the road until 2007. Frontman Chris Cornell told Launch that unlike the group's previous releases, this time AUDIOSLAVE plans to let fans spend some time with the album before it goes on tour. "Let the album come out for awhile," he said. "You know, the first two records we were out, actually, before they came out. We've done three records in four and a half years and toured a lot. This'll be one to just kind of let it go for a minute."

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2006, 10:17:26 PM »

Hopefully they'll tour Australia in support of this next album, they missed coming here with Out Of Exile.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2006, 11:10:37 PM »

Theres an article in the new Rolling Stone about the new record, and it says that Audioslave will NOT tour to support it because of the fact that Cornell is gonna work on a solo record and also because the rest of the band wants to spend time with their famillies. Also, Morello has said that the rumors about their break up are NOT true and that there will be "many more Audioslave records".

The writer said "Revelations" will be the bands hardest rocking album yet and Morello described it as "Blisteringly kick-ass riff rock with an underpinning of seventies funk and soul"

wow i cannot wait for this..... the end of year is gonna be great with new records from Audioslave, Army of Anyone, and hopefully Guns N' Roses!!!!

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2006, 06:12:54 AM »

Theres an article in the new Rolling Stone about the new record, and it says that Audioslave will NOT tour to support it because of the fact that Cornell is gonna work on a solo record and also because the rest of the band wants to spend time with their famillies. Also, Morello has said that the rumors about their break up are NOT true and that there will be "many more Audioslave records".

The writer said "Revelations" will be the bands hardest rocking album yet and Morello described it as "Blisteringly kick-ass riff rock with an underpinning of seventies funk and soul"

wow i cannot wait for this..... the end of year is gonna be great with new records from Audioslave, Army of Anyone, and hopefully Guns N' Roses!!!!

I didn't think he said they wouldn't tour at all, I thought he implied they wouldn't tour straight away, they said they'd let the album sink in for a few months before touring to support it?

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2006, 11:42:27 AM »

Thats correct..Aviasly there gonna tour...Chris said his album wont be out till late 2007

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2006, 11:51:52 AM »

I didn't think he said they wouldn't tour at all, I thought he implied they wouldn't tour straight away, they said they'd let the album sink in for a few months before touring to support it?

o ok i guess thats possible. we'll see.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2006, 09:07:43 PM »

how come no one has commented on the single??? "Original Fire", i think its ok, i hope the rest of the album is better.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »

Original Fire sounds ok, doesn't really blow me away or anything, but I do like I like how upbeat and uptempo it is. ok

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2006, 02:57:02 AM »

I acrualy find original fire boring, i mean atleast on the first couple of listens it doesnt sound too catchy

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
carlosmontana
Headliner

Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven

« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2006, 07:54:09 AM »

I acrualy find original fire boring, i mean atleast on the first couple of listens it doesnt sound too catchy

I agree. Was a bit dissapointed.
Z
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »

I saw Miami Vice last night and heard 3 different songs during the movie with Chris Cornell on vocals.

Does anybody knbow where these songs are from?? They did not sound like Soundgarden and I know they were not Audioslave unless they are from the unreleased Revelations.

I checked the soundtrack and did not see Chris, Soundgarden or Audioslave.

Regarding Original Fire:? It's a catchy song that could do without Morello's screetching solo.? I like his solos but it just kills that song.? That particular style of solo doesn't belong in that song in my opinion.? A more mellow solo would have been more appropriate.

Edited to say:   I just saw talk of 2 new songs from Revelations played during Miami Vice on an Audioslave message board.  I have to say that I'm really starting to look forward to this cd coming out.  The songs were more mellow than the songs from their first 2 cds but they sounded GREAT!!  I liked them enough that I would have gone out TODAY and bought whatever cd these songs were from.  September 5th it is!!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 01:19:45 PM by Z » Logged
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2006, 04:45:54 AM »

Yeah, I saw Miami Vice last night too, crap movie, but the Audioslave songs sounded really good. Mind you, I am a bit biased as I'm already a big fan. Really looking forward to Revelations. beer

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2006, 11:51:45 AM »

the album has leaked, i have it. it will probably be easier to the get the leak on tuesday, a week before the offical release. 

i havent listened to it all yet but i like it alot so far, defintiely better than Out of Exile, they are getting better and better.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

the album has leaked, i have it. it will probably be easier to the get the leak on tuesday, a week before the offical release. 

i havent listened to it all yet but i like it alot so far, defintiely better than Out of Exile, they are getting better and better.

seems like bands really do not know how to keep there album from being leaked these days lol!!!

html sucks
Redrocket16
Opening Act

Slash is rock and Roll

« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2006, 01:34:04 PM »

YES i cannot freekin wait for this album to come out... although i WAS dissapointed with there first single Original fire it's too repetitive for my likings and a really repetitve song has to be catchy for people to like it.

evrything from them so far has been excellent so it should continue to the future

lol i might just go see Miami vice just to hear some new songs.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2006, 02:07:51 PM »

YES i cannot freekin wait for this album to come out... although i WAS dissapointed with there first single Original fire it's too repetitive for my likings and a really repetitve song has to be catchy for people to like it.

evrything from them so far has been excellent so it should continue to the future

lol i might just go see Miami vice just to hear some new songs.

the rest of the album is nothing like "Original Fire", I'm sure you'll like it.

i've listened to the whole thing now and i LOVE it. my favorite Audioslave record and one of my faves this year.

what a great year for music!!! beer

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2006, 02:00:57 AM »

Revelations is better than Out of Exile but still suffers from a lot of "repetitive" tracks - it's a brilliant mix and a bad mix at the same time, because Rage used to sound repetitive if you listened to it too much and Cornell did too. Combine the two together and you get some awesome, amazing songs - but after two or three albums they all really just kind of blend together. Their first album will always be the best and I wouldn't bet on them putting out many more after this. It's worth a purchase and some of the songs are cool but it's not THAT different from what we've heard already, and half the songs are totally unmemorable.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2006, 06:22:39 AM »

to me this album suffers from what the last audioslave album did.

trying to make aggressive tunes when the lyrics arnt aggressive, doesnt work, the album is weak, the band sound held back. ballads? i mean wtf, what happened to the band that used to write grooveful riffs so powerful they could blow you through a window and they had political lyrics that anyone can like.

now its just kinda lame, not crap, i mean its decent but its not what they should be pumping out really.

i want a RATM reunion now.

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2006, 11:04:49 AM »

to me this album suffers from what the last audioslave album did.

trying to make aggressive tunes when the lyrics arnt aggressive, doesnt work, the album is weak, the band sound held back. ballads? i mean wtf, what happened to the band that used to write grooveful riffs so powerful they could blow you through a window and they had political lyrics that anyone can like.

now its just kinda lame, not crap, i mean its decent but its not what they should be pumping out really.

i want a RATM reunion now.

eh, i like Audioslave alot, i really do. but there def. is something missing. something just doesnt feel right, i would def. rather have Chris back with Soundgarden and Tom Morello and co. back witih Rage and i think they fit better in their past groups. but still Audioslave is better then most rock groups out there right now and i like listening to their albums.

btw i absolutey love Rage, i think The Battle of Los Angeles is their best album. Thats my fave.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:00:22 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: