Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:54:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why do certain threads get locked?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do certain threads get locked?  (Read 3367 times)
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: June 21, 2006, 02:59:05 PM »

I'm asking this question with no ill intentions but theres no rhyme or reason to certain threads getting locked.

The thread about Axl trying to leave was locked after one post.  Presumably because he had no confirmed sources, and presumably because it had nothing but bad things to say about Axl and the new GnR.  Yet, dozens of threads with positive yet still substantiated stories are allowed to fuel discussion (i.e. "I met Ron Thal and he said..."). 

Half the experience of this comeback tour is going to be overcoming negative vibes and hearing from both sides.  This forum is turning into an Axl Rose circle jerk for lack of a better term.  We're talking about music here.  The notes, the lyrics, the performers...theyre all going to envoke a lot of emotion and we can't ignore the ones we don't like.  You don't like it? DONT READ IT!

PS: I only posted in this forum because it has the highest traffic.  And before you respond, please recognize that I love Axl, love old Guns n Roses, and I can't wait for Chinese Democracy.  I just want to have an informed and diverse conversation.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 03:01:28 PM »

because the thread was bullshit
btw dont repost locked topics
you can get banned for that
unless you have proof and not you heard from some guy on some forum that heard from a security guard at the show
then its gonna get locked

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 03:01:49 PM »

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask your question or anything, but this goes in the Administrative, Feedback & Help section. It will get read and responded to there, even if it is not the most heavily trafficated section.
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 03:07:06 PM »

Appreciate the fast feedback, it just seems that Positive stories with absolutely no sources are allowed to be discussed, but negative ones aren't.  I just want a lil consistency.

Again, I could be offbase, it just seems that way to me.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 03:09:33 PM »

Appreciate the fast feedback, it just seems that Positive stories with absolutely no sources are allowed to be discussed, but negative ones aren't.? I just want a lil consistency.

Again, I could be offbase, it just seems that way to me.

Its because people make up shit to bash Axl.
Plus if you were back stage and saw this going on, it would be a different story. Also if  you would have posted it in the thread for that show, it would not have gotten locked either. Dont open a new thread for something like th at

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 03:29:39 PM »

the one guy said he met merck the other guy said he met bumblefoot, there was no proof or cd will be out in september,,,  Maybe the thread was just going to spew a I hate metallica and shit fest..
Death Cube K
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »

the one guy said he met merck the other guy said he met bumblefoot, there was no proof or cd will be out in september,,,  Maybe the thread was just going to spew a I hate metallica and shit fest..

Well that's it then, good thing for me I have my Helicopter keys in my pocket and ready to take off.  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 04:05:45 PM »

the one guy said he met merck the other guy said he met bumblefoot, there was no proof or cd will be out in september,,,? Maybe the thread was just going to spew a I hate metallica and shit fest..

Well that's it then, good thing for me I have my Helicopter keys in my pocket and ready to take off.? ok

well beat it then.. Never said the story was true,.. I have no doubts axl might have a helli someone flys for him.. Man his driver was outside ready to roll at hammerstein each night

After seeing better two diferent views and how unhappy axl was during the song, and how he talked to security then walked behind the stage, he could have bolted out anytime.. i say rememer donnington, maybe he didn't want a repeat or the tour going downhill..
Death Cube K
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 05:15:50 PM »

The story is okay enough actually, but I just started to laugh when it came to the part about the chopper keys.  hihi
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 06:00:42 PM »

The story is okay enough actually, but I just started to laugh when it came to the part about the chopper keys.? hihi

I was actually disappointed the thread got locked; I was looking forward to some funny comments on the keys.  I imagine Axl prying them out of a roadie's hands, making a run for the chopper, putting on those big ear phones, and then taking off.  With Merck hanging on to one of the chopper legs as it goes airborne.  Great stuff.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 06:39:55 PM »

There is one simple answer for that: ''If they brake the rules they get locked''  Grin

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: