Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why can't...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why can't...  (Read 6232 times)
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: February 09, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »

...we discuss Axl's earnings in the event that it is publicly available information?  The administration of this board bends to the perceived demands of a group that does nothing for them.  It's discouraging that relevant and legitimate conversation topics are censored.

Is anyone else fed up with this? Can we do something about this?  I love this board, its the most reliable on the net and just wish we could have monitored (not censored) discussion.

Please, I know this is techinically not a GnR topic but it certainly has everything to do with the content of this forum.  Let the members discuss this topic (Forum Censorship).
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 04:59:24 PM »

alot of money....who cares really Roll Eyes

floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 05:00:56 PM »

go talk on another board then... deal with it.     

that should be my new handle..    Grin
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »

it certainly has everything to do with the content of this forum.? Let the members discuss this topic (Forum Censorship).

talk about it in the admin section then
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 05:08:32 PM »

Alright I may as well stick up for Jarmo since I've been guilty of accusing him of the same shit in the past and I suppose I feel a little guilty about it. Here goes...

Ahem...

If you don't like it, create and moderate your own board. This site is free for us, it's run by someone who has earned the right to make his own decisions. He's put a shitload of time into this website. He owes you nothing.

That is all  ok

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 05:10:57 PM »

Alright I may as well stick up for Jarmo since I've been guilty of accusing him of the same shit in the past and I suppose I feel a little guilty about it. Here goes...

Ahem...

If you don't like it, create and moderate your own board. This site is free for us, it's run by someone who has earned the right to make his own decisions. He's put a shitload of time into this website. He owes you nothing.

That is all? ok

well put there sterile...   
ah hem... and another disappointed poster is off and running to try and create  his own board, not knowing he will never be able to compete with htgth...
PEACE
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 05:11:07 PM »

...we discuss Axl's earnings in the event that it is publicly available information?  The administration of this board bends to the perceived demands of a group that does nothing for them.  It's discouraging that relevant and legitimate conversation topics are censored.

Is anyone else fed up with this? Can we do something about this?  I love this board, its the most reliable on the net and just wish we could have monitored (not censored) discussion.

Please, I know this is techinically not a GnR topic but it certainly has everything to do with the content of this forum.  Let the members discuss this topic (Forum Censorship).

More importantly - why do you care?

Axl's earnings are none of our business. Don't like it? Go away - you won't be missed.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 05:17:22 PM »

hell to me this bored is great nothing needs to be changed, its fione the way it is.

this is silly really Roll Eyes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 05:30:59 PM »

Axl's earnings are none of our business. Don't like it? Go away - you won't be missed.
That's not the point. It's the overly excessive and sickeningly censored. Like talking about his earnings would kill Axl's career - God knows it's not much of one right now, anyway.

And to whoever said create your own board - your own board wouldn't have nearly as many people as this one. But stop being so doggone strict - it's a message board, not Communist Russia.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 05:37:31 PM »

...we discuss Axl's earnings in the event that it is publicly available information?? The administration of this board bends to the perceived demands of a group that does nothing for them.? It's discouraging that relevant and legitimate conversation topics are censored.

Is anyone else fed up with this? Can we do something about this?? I love this board, its the most reliable on the net and just wish we could have monitored (not censored) discussion.

Please, I know this is techinically not a GnR topic but it certainly has everything to do with the content of this forum.? Let the members discuss this topic (Forum Censorship).

That's not the point. It's the overly excessive and sickeningly censored. Like talking about his earnings would kill Axl's career - God knows it's not much of one right now, anyway.

And to whoever said create your own board - your own board wouldn't have nearly as many people as this one. But stop being so doggone strict - it's a message board, not Communist Russia.

I said "create your own board"    this is only what 10 or less in the thread, you couldn't figure out who said it??   
Do you think this board or any other board started off running and gunning... no it didn't...
If you have creativity, you can give it a try... promote yourself... ya know... ya have to start somewhere.. stop bitching and enjoy in sharing thoughts, opinions and follow along... pretty simple shit if ya ask me..
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 05:45:41 PM »

never be able to compete with htgth...
PEACE

so sad, but true  hihi
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 01:55:58 AM »

...we discuss Axl's earnings in the event that it is publicly available information?? The administration of this board bends to the perceived demands of a group that does nothing for them.? It's discouraging that relevant and legitimate conversation topics are censored.

Is anyone else fed up with this? Can we do something about this?? I love this board, its the most reliable on the net and just wish we could have monitored (not censored) discussion.

Please, I know this is techinically not a GnR topic but it certainly has everything to do with the content of this forum.? Let the members discuss this topic (Forum Censorship).

We cannot Discuss Axl's earnings on this board because Jarmo runs this board, He has "apperant" connections with the band (or their friends). We cannot talk about anything that would put axl in a bad light because people who are "close" to the band post here.
Which is why we are not allowed to talk about the "old band" in the GUNS N' ROSES section either.
Me personally, I would love to talk about AXL's earnings, I think its just as legitimate Topic as the rest. Unfortunately, To talk about things that AXL would find offencive, would put this site in a bad light in AXL's eyes. Since this site has "connections" with the Band, It just ain't going to happen.

EVEN THOUGH I THINK YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT!? yes
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:58:40 AM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 02:12:08 AM »

I too think it's legitimate. But I understand and will move with Jarmo on this one. If you want to discuss it.. do it on another board. It's just how it is.

gnrevolution.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 02:46:33 AM »

We cannot talk about anything that would put axl in a bad light because people who are "close" to the band post here.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Its not a case of it putting him in a bad light (why would it though?), its a case of discussing his personal financial matters. This is private information. If you want to know how much he earned simply look on Forbes or something.

Trying to convince people that this forum sucks because it 'censors' things isn't going to work.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 12:51:01 PM »

...we discuss Axl's earnings in the event that it is publicly available information? 

It's not publicly available information. It's private information.

The administration of this board bends to the perceived demands of a group that does nothing for them. 

What do you know about the administration of this board? Nothing.

What do you know about what this group does for this board? Nothing.

It's discouraging that relevant and legitimate conversation topics are censored.

Relevant? Why the fuck does Axl's earnings have EVERYTHING to do with the content of this forum?

And what could possibly come out of such a conversation?

I mean, I'd really like to hear the answer to this...

Is anyone else fed up with this? Can we do something about this?

We cannot Discuss Axl's earnings on this board because Jarmo runs this board, He has "apperant" connections with the band (or their friends). We cannot talk about anything that would put axl in a bad light because people who are "close" to the band post here.
Which is why we are not allowed to talk about the "old band" in the GUNS N' ROSES section either.
Me personally, I would love to talk about AXL's earnings, I think its just as legitimate Topic as the rest. Unfortunately, To talk about things that AXL would find offencive, would put this site in a bad light in AXL's eyes. Since this site has "connections" with the Band, It just ain't going to happen.

EVEN THOUGH I THINK YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT!  yes

Are you people fuckin serious?

What the fuck are you on? I mean, really... Is it drugs? Alcohol?

Ok, I just had the greatest idea. Why don't the 3 of you get together, buy a nice domain name, get a host and start a nice forum where you can talk about Axl's earnings all day...

Cause it could change your life you know... I mean, God, what would I give to know how much money Axl's making as we speak...

If he's making 1 million dollars per year, I could ask him to give me 100.000.

If he's making 2 million dollars per year, I'd be satisfied with 400.000.

Now, if he's making 4+ million dollars per year, I'd ask him to buy me a small island.

After all, isn't that what life's all about? Knowing how much money Axl's making...

If you know that, the possibilities are endless...

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 12:55:38 PM »

Nothing could be further from the truth. Its not a case of it putting him in a bad light (why would it though?), its a case of discussing his personal financial matters. This is private information. If you want to know how much he earned simply look on Forbes or something.

Trying to convince people that this forum sucks because it 'censors' things isn't going to work.

As to the first point: When you define your career as being a pubilc entity, then very little about your life is "private information." It's a lifestyle choice. And if the info is? private,? how would Forbes know?

As to the second point: I agree.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 01:03:05 PM »

And if the info is  private,  how would Forbes know?

If the info is private why should you or anyone else on this board know?

And I'd really like to know what could possibly come out of such a conversation...

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 03:15:39 PM »

...we discuss Axl's earnings in the event that it is publicly available information??

It's not publicly available information. It's private information.

The administration of this board bends to the perceived demands of a group that does nothing for them.?

What do you know about the administration of this board? Nothing.

What do you know about what this group does for this board? Nothing.

It's discouraging that relevant and legitimate conversation topics are censored.

Relevant? Why the fuck does Axl's earnings have EVERYTHING to do with the content of this forum?

And what could possibly come out of such a conversation?

I mean, I'd really like to hear the answer to this...

Is anyone else fed up with this? Can we do something about this?

EVEN THOUGH I THINK YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT!? yes

Are you people fuckin serious?

What the fuck are you on? I mean, really... Is it drugs? Alcohol?

Ok, I just had the greatest idea. Why don't the 3 of you get together, buy a nice domain name, get a host and start a nice forum where you can talk about Axl's earnings all day...

Cause it could change your life you know... I mean, God, what would I give to know how much money Axl's making as we speak...

If he's making 1 million dollars per year, I could ask him to give me 100.000.

If he's making 2 million dollars per year, I'd be satisfied with 400.000.

Now, if he's making 4+ million dollars per year, I'd ask him to buy me a small island.

After all, isn't that what life's all about? Knowing how much money Axl's making...

If you know that, the possibilities are endless...

I think YOU are the one on drugs. You get so ANGRY? rant over a simple topic as "How much money AXl makes. This is a disscussion board which means we discuss whatever we want, including Axl's Income.
Why does this topic offend you soooo much? Are you Axl? Do you make as much money as Axl? Why do you care if we discuss Axl's money?
If Axl was here saying "My personal income is my business" then I would understand.
But you're not AXl. Why would you care if We discuss it.

Chill out dude smoking

If jarmo says we can't discuss it... Then we have no choice but to "Not discuss it".
But don't act like Axl's personal Lawyer trying to keep his money from being disclosed out there. If the info can be easily found out there. Then it's fair game.

Have a nice day? Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 03:17:52 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 03:58:13 PM »

This is a discussion board, not a gossip board.

Personal things will be kept personal.

Unless Axl starts doing interviews with Forbes and talks about his income.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 04:32:46 PM »

I doubt Axl knows what he earns, its all accounting and anyway who cares.  This nonsense just gives more work to the mods. Soz guys/gals.  Dont know why this aint closed.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »

I doubt Axl knows what he earns, its all accounting and anyway who cares.? This nonsense just gives more work to the mods. Soz guys/gals.? Dont know why this aint closed.

First Class, A-1 butt kisser  Kiss        rofl rofl
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »

I doubt Axl knows what he earns, its all accounting and anyway who cares.? This nonsense just gives more work to the mods. Soz guys/gals.? Dont know why this aint closed.

First Class, A-1 butt kisser? Kiss? ? ? ? rofl rofl

LOL, rather kiss butt than poke it m8.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 05:56:02 PM »

I doubt Axl knows what he earns, its all accounting and anyway who cares.  This nonsense just gives more work to the mods. Soz guys/gals.  Dont know why this aint closed.

First Class, A-1 butt kisser  Kiss        rofl rofl

Well, your a nice person
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: