Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why can't HTGTH get an interview like this?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why can't HTGTH get an interview like this?  (Read 4842 times)
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: February 25, 2007, 01:41:02 AM »

GN'R fan site Gnrsource.com recently did a little interview with Richard Fortus. When asked about his recent projects he mentioned working on the new Spiderman 3 video game score. He's also been writing and recording with Puddle of Mudd for their new record.
In addition to that, he's played on a record by a new artist on Def Jam called Kerli as well as doing some music for Apple, Red Bull and various commercials. Richard also hopes to work with Crystal Method for their next record.

In other 4tus related news, his official web site has been updated with photos of his gear. Just visit 4tus.com and click on Gear.

Source(s): http://www.gnrsource.com/ , http://4tus.com/   

Thanks to: gnr-4-ever, Voodoochild, Kid R.
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 01:43:19 AM »

Cause..we just find out about them hihi peace

be thankfull for the ones we do get ok(im not tryin to say you dont dont get me wrong lol)

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 11:24:19 AM »

I did an interview once.

Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 11:35:29 AM »

HTGTH: How do you pass time on tour when you're sitting on a bus....?

Tommy: (looks at Joe, who's gesturing) Yeah, we jack off (laughs).

HTGTH: Everything that happened this year with GN'R, people are worried about the band. Are they together?...

Tommy: No, no... Buckethead going away is the best thing that could've happened to the band. It's gonna be great.

I won't get too far into that, because I don't really like slamming people or getting into people's personalities or anything like that. It's a really good thing.

HTGTH: You said "Chinese Democracy" is almost done. But people are wondering what's been happening all these years? Have you worked on 18 songs for one album or is it like a bunch of songs that you could put out within a year or so?

Tommy: Originally we had a fucking whole lot of songs we were working on. We kinda rolled around them and just kinda kept molding them as we went along.

The process of making the GN'R record is a long process to begin with. Because basically, Axl as a producer is trying to get the best out of eight guys and get them all in a song, like trying to pull everyone in. You know, mush it together like a fucking piece of clay or something. Trying to form a piece of art work out of it. It takes time.

It's not like when I was in the Replacements, Paul would come to rehearsal with a couple of songs. "Ok, this is how they go, watch me play the chords," we play it, go to the studio and knock it down in an hour. It's not like that.

He has a way of working with people and pulling them in. Get you to bring something to the plate that's gonna be special and cool for that song. And it just takes a long time. Because you got eight guys you know. So that process takes a while.

When you're working on 35 or so pieces of music that you're trying to finish. Trying to... Basically the cream of the crop of that, to make a record of. It's really hard to decide. Because out of 35 things, we might all like parts and bits of 30 songs. So then you gotta further narrow that down, and you know. It just takes a while. That's all I can say about that. It just takes a while and when it's done, it'll be done and when it comes out we're gonna totally tour behind it and fucking, and rock out.

It's really, to say to the GN'R fans that are waiting for that.

Axl ain't just sitting up there fucking, sitting there watching fucking TV, waiting for the fucking sun to come up. It's like he's been working on this shit for a long time, we've all been working on it sporadically throughout. It's gotta be right.

HTGTH: It's gonna be like your album, all kinds of styles or focus on just one...?

Tommy: No, no, no... This record is definitely, you know, got some chances on it that I think are great.

There's some really beautiful pieces, some really hard pieces, there's some real fucking, you know, somewhat self indulgent creative pieces that people are either gonna love or hate. But they're fucking there because, as an artist that's how you fucking have to make records you know

HTGTH: If you consider all your songs you've worked on during your whole career. Is there any song you can say that "this is me", I'm most proud of this one.

Tommy: Other than my new record.... Other than that record, probably me at my best would've been The Replacements' "Tim" or probably the new GN'R record. I think, I feel like I've, what I've contributed to the GN'R record in particular, I think I went above and beyond what I thought I could do. I've really pulled stuff out of me that I didn't know was there as far as a bass player. I mean, I never tried to fill Duff's shoes necessarily, but I definitely wanted to rise to the level he was at. Cause I think he's a great bass player, so I wanted to try and bring it up, you know, and do some special things, and do some different things. I think I got that, I think I got a lot of that.

Some parts i like frmo that interview..

thanks jarmo beer
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 01:50:48 PM »

I did an interview once.

Cheesy

/jarmo

And it was a proper interview  ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 01:58:17 PM »

And it was a proper interview? ok

And I'd like you to tell me what would constitute an improper one...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 01:59:50 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »

jarmo's tommy interview shits on most other fan interviews
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 02:43:19 PM »

Jarmo met Tommy in person. It was properly arranged.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »

So mysteron is tommy... hihi? rofl lmao
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »

I wish  hihi
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 08:08:19 PM »

I wish? hihi

Who *doesn't* wish they were Tommy?  Sheesh.   beer
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 04:35:40 PM »

i met tommy

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 09:51:29 PM »

i met tommy

Me too  peace ok
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 06:49:54 AM »

how about an interview with the man himself!

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 08:13:30 AM »

^good suggestion, why don't we just call him up, knowing how he loves giving interviews to everyone Grin
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 05:59:50 PM »

^good suggestion, why don't we just call him up, knowing how he loves giving interviews to everyone Grin

but this isnt just anyone...this is jarmo, commander of the ELITE here today gone to hell, im sure axl digs jarmo.

html sucks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: