Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  8 year old guitar virtuoso!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 year old guitar virtuoso!  (Read 3500 times)
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: July 22, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »

The speed this kid already has is insane! If Axl ever needs a temporary replacement for Ron, he should call this kid.

Start watching from around 2:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrJtqvykDm4&mode=related&search=kids%20guitar
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 08:57:18 PM »

wow you sure this kid is 8?, man i've been playing for 10 years now and I don't think i'll ever be able to play like that...fucking awesome? smoking
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 03:10:54 AM »

that kid gets so much pussy
makane
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 11:00:38 AM »

That is a 8 year old guitar lamer. Just find me a 8 year old who can play blues with feeling.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »

That is a 8 year old guitar lamer. Just find me a 8 year old who can play blues with feeling.

Jealous are we?!  peace

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Wayne
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 12:36:25 PM »

man i wish i could play like that!
Brody
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 10:20:18 PM »

Hes can most likely play with more blues and feeling then you could imagine! Why are you so cynical?

anyways heres the next up and coming http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMS3HJr_GYk&mode=related&search=kids%20guitar
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 10:22:29 PM »

Not tryin to be a hater but it sounds like a bunch of angry bees mating.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 11:11:52 PM »

Not tryin to be a hater but it sounds like a bunch of angry bees mating.

That's because it is, they just pretend he can play and its actually a beehive inside of his amp.

but seriously, i hate shredding.  if you can shred with rhythm and more than just speed, that's pretty good, i can stand that for a while.  but just all over the place shredding as fast as you can?  that's not what guitar's about, its about accompanying the drums and bass and rhythm guitars and vocals, not showing off.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 11:13:12 PM »

Haha here we go with the feeling crap.......slap a bucket of chicken on his head and put him on a crucifix for his amazing skill...... Roll Eyes

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 01:32:27 AM »

i think the kid is 12 or 13.

not 8.

still amazing though.
makane
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 11:28:31 AM »

Haha here we go with the feeling crap.......slap a bucket of chicken on his head and put him on a crucifix for his amazing skill...... Roll Eyes
"feeling crap"? That kid shreds and it sucks. (this is just my opinion). Yea, he might have amazing technical skills, but that doesn't make him a "virtuoso".
This is a guitar "virtuoso": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_tuLEmWccM&search=malmsteen%20god
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:32:36 AM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 01:05:27 PM »

This is the kind of thing that makes me hate tapping and sweep picking, two of the crappiest overused techinques ever invented. The kid's got talent, but everybody showcasing speed simply uses these two techniques... Notable exceptions are of course, Buckethead and the great Shawn Lane.

Fuck 'Em All.
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 03:02:50 PM »

"feeling crap"? That kid shreds and it sucks. (this is just my opinion). Yea, he might have amazing technical skills, but that doesn't make him a "virtuoso".
This is a guitar "virtuoso": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_tuLEmWccM&search=malmsteen%20god
'

Well how about this kid does he play witn enough feeling for ya:? Wink

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZghvfLlWI&search=kid%20guitar

This kid really is amazing I can only hope to play like that someday? drool
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 03:04:28 PM »

Well how about this kid does he play witn enough feeling for ya: 

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZghvfLlWI&search=kid%20guitar

This kid really is amazing I can only hope to play like that someday 

Hehe guess not  Wink
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 03:20:32 PM »

holy crap!! Shocked

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 07:30:47 PM »

I think that's asking a bit much of an eight year old!

That's because it is, they just pretend he can play and its actually a beehive inside of his amp.

but seriously, i hate shredding. if you can shred with rhythm and more than just speed, that's pretty good, i can stand that for a while. but just all over the place shredding as fast as you can? that's not what guitar's about, its about accompanying the drums and bass and rhythm guitars and vocals, not showing off.

Once again, the dude is eight! What do you expect, the next Sweet Child riff? Plus do you see any accompanying bass and drums? The guy is up there on his own to show what he can do, and its pretty impressive although he looks about 12, not 8! Still,

You think Malmsteen could play like that when he was that young. I don't think the original guy was trying to compare him to Yngwie Malmsteen, it's a bit harsh of you to try to compare the two. For his age, he is a virtuoso!
This is the kind of thing that makes me hate tapping and sweep picking, two of the crappiest overused techinques ever invented. The kid's got talent, but everybody showcasing speed simply uses these two techniques... Notable exceptions are of course, Buckethead and the great Shawn Lane.

If you could play like that when you were young you'd be showing off too. That's what young musicians are all about. Songwriting skills can't develop until late teens at the earliest.

By the way did anyone notice the other dude standing in the background with the other guitar. I feel sorry for him. I think he tried some tapping in the middle, but it didn't quite come off!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:32:45 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: