Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  2011 Grammys
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 Grammys  (Read 1554 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: February 09, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »

They don't call it Music's Biggest Night for nothing.

With more than 100 gramophone-shaped trophies being handed out, a mini-festival of live performances and enough celebrities to fill L.A.'s Staples Center, the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards bash has so much going on, it's easy to miss something. To avoid that, here are 10 reasons to keep your eyes and ears peeled:

Mick Jagger's Lips

The Rolling Stones frontman is slated to make his long-overdue Grammy debut this year, performing during a tribute to late soul giant Solomon Burke. He'll be backed by Raphael Saadiq and his band. Sure, it would probably be better if Keith Richards were there, too -- but after that "tiny todger" crack in Keef's memoirs last year, nobody should be too surprised if he isn't at the party.

Northern Lights

Oh, Canada! Our home and native land has made one of its strongest Grammy showings in years, with more than a dozen artists taking part in 24 nominations in 22 categories. Everyone from Bieber, Bubl? and Drake to Arcade Fire, Neil Young and Rush are in the running for hardware this time around.

Cee Lo's F---ing Hit

Soul man Cee Lo Green's viral hit F--- You -- as opposed to its declawed cousin Forget You -- snagged four nominations in the record, song, urban/alternative and short video categories. And just to make the night even more surreal, he's slated to perform it with the help of Gwyneth Paltrow (who sang it on Glee) and the Jim Henson Company Puppets. Now ain't that some s---?

Old Dogs

No matter how hard they try to look hip, Grammy voters just can't let go of the past. This year's lineup of jurassic rockers includes guitar god Jeff Beck, Elton John and Leon Russell, Doors guitarist Robby Krieger, Ozzy Osbourne, Herbie Hancock, and nearly the entire solo rock vocal category -- Eric Clapton, Robert Plant, Young and Paul McCartney. What, no Jerry Lee Lewis?

Young Pups

Sure, Justin Bieber is the big kid on the block. But come on; dude's pushing 17. How much more can his aging bones take? Thankfully, relief is here -- 12-year-old Jaden (son of Will) Smith is slated to share the stage during the Biebs' performance this year. The good news: This could be the beginning of the end of Bieber Fever. The bad news: It could be the start of Jaden Jaundice.

Gaga-a-Go-Go

Madonna 2.0 is scheduled to play the awards for the second year in a row. And given that the titular single to her hotly anticipated new album Born This Way comes out the same day, it seems logical she'll give us a taste. But more importantly, what bizarre ensemble will she wear? I am putting my money down on a dress consisting of swarming bees.

Jackson Honours

Although still clinically dead, Michael Jackson is in the running for male pop vocal performance. His single This is It goes up against Michael Bubl?'s Haven't Met You Yet, Adam Lambert's Whataya Want From Me, Bruno Mars' Just the Way You Are and John Mayer's Half of My Heart. Don't be surprised if the Gloved One snatches this one.

The Pre-Game Show

If the 10 Grammys handed out during the telecast aren't enough for you, fire up the computer at 4 p.m. EST and go to www.grammy.com. The other 98 trophies will be handed out over three hours.

Chris Brown & Rihanna Reunited

Awk-waaard: Brown's Deuces and his ex Rihanna's Eminem duet Love the Way You Lie face off in the rap/sung collaboration category. Even if his lawyers don't get his 100-yard restraining order lifted, it doesn't matter -- going against Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' Empire State of Mind and Bruno Mars and B.o.B's Nothin' on You, Brown shouldn't get within a mile of this award.

The Tweet Life

All the Grammy action doesn't happen in front of the cameras. I'll be back in the press room all day and night -- and when I'm not monitoring the broadcast, interviewing the winners or frantically writing copy under the gun, I'll be tweeting as fast as my fingers can fly. And once I finish that, there's always the after-party. Come along for the ride: twitter.com/Darryl_Sterdan.

The 53rd Grammy Awards

WHEN: Sunday, 8 to 11:30 p.m. EST on CBS & Global

WHERE: Staples Center, LA

PERFORMERS: Mick Jagger & Raphael Saadiq; Eminem; Justin Bieber & Usher with Jaden Smith; Lady Gaga; Katy Perry; an Aretha Franklin tribute featuring Chrsitina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, Florence Welch and Yolanda Adams; Barbra Streisand; B.o.B & Bruno Mars with Janelle Mon?e; Drake & Rihanna; Cee Lo Green with Gwyneth Paltrow & Jim Henson Company Puppets; Arcade Fire; Lady Antebellum; Miranda Lambert; and Muse.

PRESENTERS: Marc Anthony, Jamie Foxx, Jewel, John Mayer, Pauley Perrette and Donnie Wahlberg, Dierks Bentley, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Neil Patrick Harris, Norah Jones, Kris Kristofferson, John Legend, LL Cool J, Nicki Minaj, Paramore, Seth Rogen and Blake Shelton.

Not a bad lineup

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:44:58 PM »

2011 Grammy Awards Winners List

Spoiler Alert: The Grammy Awards are yet to air on the west coast, but we already know most of the big winners of the biggest night in music.

Here's a list of the winners so far!

Song of the Year: "Need You Now," Lady Antebellum
Rap Album: Recovery, Eminem
Country Album: Lady Antebellum, Need You Now
New Artist: Esperanza Spalding Pop Vocal Album: Lady Gaga, The Fame Monster
Rock Album: Muse, The Resistance

ROCK:

Solo Rock Vocal Performance: Paul McCartney, "Helter Skelter," Good Evening New York City
Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals: The Black Keys, "Tighten Up," Brothers
Rock Song: "Angry World," Neil Young, Le Noise
Hard Rock Performance: New Fang, "Them Crooked Vultures," Them Crooked Vultures
Metal Performance: "El Dorado," Iron Maiden, The Final Frontier
Rock Instrumental Performance: Jeff Beck, "Hammerhead," Emotion & Commotion
Rock Album: Muse, The Resistance

Complete list here: http://www.hollyscoop.com/lady-gaga/2011-grammy-awards-winners-list_26644.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 02:51:39 PM »

Loved Eminem and Dre's performance...cant wait for detox..dylan was good but I thought Jagger stole the show, as he usually does, He was awesome...This man is 67 years old and moved around more then most of them and sang quite well to..Hes what still makes the Stones relevant these days IMO

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »

Mick Jagger Grammy Awards 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr6tAYXC4DA

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:00:28 PM »

you know rock music doesnt sell now, because bands getting nominated are at least 10 years old, most 30 years old

html sucks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: