Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:24:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  2013 Summer Concerts
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2013 Summer Concerts  (Read 12531 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 10:46:25 AM »

yeah i'm with LongGoneDay. The Stones were at their best with Taylor, and it would be great to see a full show with him playing.

and Soundgarden do put on a hell of a show these days!
Not live, that's for damned sure. The Stones became amazing live on the Steel Wheels tour. That's when they started caring about how they sounded live. Those Mick Taylor albums you all love came from the architect Keith Richards. You gotta ask yourself, how many masterpieces can any one artist actually create? I'm a Stones fanatic and have dissected and watched tons of shows, so I'd like to think I know my shit.   

the guitar weaving Ronnie and Keith did on Some Girls is unmatched to this day. No artists have come close in the rock N' roll world.

Refresh your memory and watch Ladies and Gentlemen again. If they didn't care how they sounded, guess it's just that much more impressive.
Listen to Taylor and Richards trade off on Sympathy for the Devil on Ya Yas. Doesn't get much better.

Black and Blue was their weakest effort at that point in my opinion. I still listen to Some Girls pretty regularly, but it doesn't hold up to the Taylor era, and it's the only solid record they made with Wood.

Fact is, they've never been able to replicate what Taylor brought to the table since he left. That's due in part to the fact that not many could play as fluidly as he.
They tried to recruit Beck, and Rory Gallagher, but settled on Wood. If I were alive at the time, I would have thought it be a good fit, but didn't turn out so well creatively. Gallagher wood have been interesting.

Listen to Tumbling Dice then with Taylor, and now with Wood.
Wood is a great talent, but he's been a bit castrated in my opinion since joining the Stones. His creative peak was during his time with the Faces.

Richards is one of my favorite musicians, but can't downplay Taylor's contributions. For me, the Stones went from a great band with Jones, to the greatest once Taylor joined, and then to an average one when he left.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 11:28:32 PM »

yeah i'm with LongGoneDay. The Stones were at their best with Taylor, and it would be great to see a full show with him playing.

and Soundgarden do put on a hell of a show these days!
Not live, that's for damned sure. The Stones became amazing live on the Steel Wheels tour. That's when they started caring about how they sounded live. Those Mick Taylor albums you all love came from the architect Keith Richards. You gotta ask yourself, how many masterpieces can any one artist actually create? I'm a Stones fanatic and have dissected and watched tons of shows, so I'd like to think I know my shit.   

the guitar weaving Ronnie and Keith did on Some Girls is unmatched to this day. No artists have come close in the rock N' roll world.

Refresh your memory and watch Ladies and Gentlemen again. If they didn't care how they sounded, guess it's just that much more impressive.
Listen to Taylor and Richards trade off on Sympathy for the Devil on Ya Yas. Doesn't get much better.

Black and Blue was their weakest effort at that point in my opinion. I still listen to Some Girls pretty regularly, but it doesn't hold up to the Taylor era, and it's the only solid record they made with Wood.

Fact is, they've never been able to replicate what Taylor brought to the table since he left. That's due in part to the fact that not many could play as fluidly as he.
They tried to recruit Beck, and Rory Gallagher, but settled on Wood. If I were alive at the time, I would have thought it be a good fit, but didn't turn out so well creatively. Gallagher wood have been interesting.

Listen to Tumbling Dice then with Taylor, and now with Wood.
Wood is a great talent, but he's been a bit castrated in my opinion since joining the Stones. His creative peak was during his time with the Faces.

Richards is one of my favorite musicians, but can't downplay Taylor's contributions. For me, the Stones went from a great band with Jones, to the greatest once Taylor joined, and then to an average one when he left.

I've watched L&G the Rolling Stones a lot, have it on Blu Ray, still doesn't hold a candle to Live at the Max.  I know a lot of old fans who are fanatics and they agree they sounded mostly rubbish live in the 70s. Exile was a Keith record through and through. But, I'm done arguing on the internet. It's like a retard coming in first at the special Olympics.  I love the Stones all the way up to Bigger Bang, and fin.

I do love the bootleg Live in West Virginia 1981 though. The sax Ernie Watts and Bobby Keys laid down on that tour was orgasmic.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:31:09 PM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 11:30:26 AM »

GNR on the 15th
Jay-Z/JT on the 17th
Bonham & Heart on the 21st
Sabbath in August

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »

Slash tomorrow night, hadn't seen him since like 2005 with VR.

Cell phone stays in pocket, going to enjoy the moment and let the other zombies watching a live gig through a screen do the dirty work. Cool

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »

The Slash gig last night was a kick, a career spanning setlist with emphasis on his newer solo stuff.

The Joint at Hard Rock Tulsa is a great venue, a 3k theatre - not a bad seat in the house.

No frills, the only production was a SLASH backdrop and some confetti at the end.

5 on the floor big boy rock show.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »

Saw Earth Crisis and Shai Hulud last night in NYC.  It was fantastic.  Earth Crisis is doing a mini-tour to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of their landmark album 'Firestorm'.  Lots of sing a longs, lots of stage diving and lots of bruises.  A++ hardcore show. 

Here is a clip from their Syracuse show Saturday night as I still haven't seen any NYC show clips pop up yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfEfG_w3JDI
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 04:53:32 PM »

Buckcherry at the Cain's Ballroom Sept 4.

More big boy rock at my all time favorite concert venue. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

BigSexyGNR68
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 12:00:09 AM »

Slash at Moondance Jam was a sick show. In my top 5 shows ever attended. Can't wait till they come around again.

Might go see Tesla August 8 in Bismarck,ND.

I See You Standin' There.
You Think Your So Cool.
Why Don't You Just......
FUCK OFF!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 03:35:02 AM »

Not really summer but i'm hitting the Pearl Jam show in Dallas in November. Their first show there in 10 1/2 years!
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »

I bought tickets to see Alberta Cross perform an acoustic set on 8/26.  Should be fun! 

Also I know it's not summer, but I was able to get some REALLY good seats for the wife and I to see Michael Buble at the Barclays Center in late September.  I have seen him a few times (my wife is a really big fan) and believe it or not he is a great performer.  My wife and I both love the Rat Pack and Buble is the closest living musician you will get to that that I know of.   
BigSexyGNR68
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 08:07:40 AM »

It aint a summer show, But Rob Zombie and Korn hit Bismarck, ND November 9th.

I See You Standin' There.
You Think Your So Cool.
Why Don't You Just......
FUCK OFF!
noGnoG
Headliner

All we need is just a little patience

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »

Yesterday I saw Die Toten Hosen in D?sseldorf. Pre-show from Broilers. Absolutely great shows, true legends in rock. Even if you don"t understand German I would recommend them. Not only for the music as such, but also for the quality of the show. Great entertainers!

June 09 '06 - Dublin, Ireland
June 24 '06 - Dessel, Belgium
July 02 '06 - Nijmegen, Holland
October 03 '10 - Arnhem, Holland
June 08 '12 - M?nchengladbach, Germany
Chris Misfit
Opening Act

Here Today...Drunk Today!

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »

Funny I watched a Bad Religion video the other day and the Die Toten Hosen singer was in it.

Where's Jim?
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »

Over last couple weeks, caught Mark Lanegan in LA at the Troubador and Boston at the Royale.

Went to see Sean Wheeler and Zander Schloss last night at Plough & the Stars in Cambridge, MA.
They've been opening for Lanegan of late but finally got to see them headline their own show.
So damn good.

Outside chance I make the trek to Worcester to see Danzig & Doyle this weekend.

Chris Cornell acoustic next month at Shubert Theatre.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 12:34:24 PM »

I saw NIN on Monday night which was fun.  I was offered tickets for Selena Gomez last night, but I decided to pass on those  ok

I have my tickets for SLAYER at The Theater @ MSG for Nov 27.  What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than by seeing Slayer?  Then two days later on Nov 29 I have tickets for E-Town Concrete at the Starland Ballroom in NJ.  40 Below Summer and Bane are opening and there is a Nora reunion as well.  I don't think I've seen Nora since 1998. 

For those interested, I believe E-Town Concrete's first album which was released in 1996 is the most angry record I've ever heard still to this day.  The record holds up amazingly well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RahxKGZeDa0&list=FLG6Iafg8iqHVeTdXEkDAxWA&index=17

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »

The Cult Dec 17 at Cains Ballroom in Tulsa.

Merry fucking Christmas to me. Cool

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

oldfan
Rocker

aka.... hrmmmmm

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 07:27:42 PM »

Nothing really tickled my fancy this summer Sad

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »

Chris Cornell show was great.
Apparently he's enjoying his run in Massachusetts because his sets have been longer at @33 songs.

Highlights for me were When I'm Down, & Zero Chance, Original Fire & #1 Zero.

Bend in the Road
Can't Change Me
I Am the Highway
Silence the Voices
You Know My Name
Wide Awake
Original Fire
#1 Zero
Sunshower
Trouble
Halfway There
Free Bird
Fell on Black Days
Time Flies
(work in progress)
Seasons
The Day I Tried to Live
All Night Thing
One (U2/Metallica)
When I'm Down
Wooden Jesus
Call Me a Dog
Hunger Strike (with Bhi Bhiman)
Like a Stone (with Bhi Bhiman)
Billie Jean
Blow Up the Outside World

Encore:
Thank You
Misery Chain
Burden in My Hand
Zero Chance
The Keeper
Outshined
Black Hole Sun
To Love Somebody

Gonna check out Shakey Graves and The Devil Makes Three this Friday at the House of Blues.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: