Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22  (Read 38113 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2009, 02:04:06 AM »

The solo on "By the Sword" is fucking amazing....  It builds and builds to a great climax!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-FluOS0TM

I'm interested in hearing what this will sound like on the album.

And this...

SLASH And Wife Interviewed At 'LAYN Rocks' Event; Video Available - Nov. 24, 2009

Rockerrazzi.com conducted separate interviews with Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) and his wife Perla Hudson at a benefit concert this past Sunday (November 22) at the Avalon in Hollywood, California. The show, billed as "Slash & Friends", was a fundraiser for the Los Angeles Youth Network (LAYN) is a non-profit organization providing services to homeless and runaway youth. Watch the clips below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130963

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2009, 10:17:02 AM »

Fuck... the way Paradise City finishes ( Duff y Slash waiting the sing of Popcorn) , it's the most Guns n' Roses thing I've seen in long time, (just comparing Axl / Izzy performance in 2006)

this is really a dumb thing to say..

the "most Guns N' Roses" thing you've seen in a long time?  None of the guys playing are in Guns N' Roses.  you can't get "more Guns N' Roses" than the actual Guns N' Roses, who is about to embark on a tour of Asia and Canada, and possibly more dates around the world.

Man, I really like current Guns, specially because Axl Rose is one of the artist I love and admire most, but I see (and feel) "Guns n' Roses" as a concept, and Slash, Duff, Steve and Izzy has much to do with that concept too, despite those names are not in the current band anymore. So, for me, anything is related with those names (Snakepit, VR, Loaded, etc..) is kind of GNR. Please, don't try to convince me that Tommy Stinson/Pitman are most GNR than Izzy/Slash, because these names are not in the band anymore..Thanks.

I'm sure if Axl Rose is reading this, he would understand.  ok
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:41:21 AM by +Rocker+ » Logged

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2009, 02:02:24 PM »

Fuck... the way Paradise City finishes ( Duff y Slash waiting the sing of Popcorn) , it's the most Guns n' Roses thing I've seen in long time, (just comparing Axl / Izzy performance in 2006)

this is really a dumb thing to say..

the "most Guns N' Roses" thing you've seen in a long time?  None of the guys playing are in Guns N' Roses.  you can't get "more Guns N' Roses" than the actual Guns N' Roses, who is about to embark on a tour of Asia and Canada, and possibly more dates around the world.

Man, I really like current Guns, specially because Axl Rose is one of the artist I love and admire most, but I see (and feel) "Guns n' Roses" as a concept, and Slash, Duff, Steve and Izzy has much to do with that concept too, despite those names are not in the current band anymore. So, for me, anything is related with those names (Snakepit, VR, Loaded, etc..) is kind of GNR. Please, don't try to convince me that Tommy Stinson/Pitman are most GNR than Izzy/Slash, because these names are not in the band anymore..Thanks.

I'm sure if Axl Rose is reading this, he would understand.  ok

its a band, not a concept.  talk about a warped worldview.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »

so if seeing slash, duff and adler performing together reminds you gnr... you aren't a true gnr fan?

I'm assuming the same people were as excited when Izzy joined GN'R on stage in 2006......
/jarmo

That's right  beer

I WAS excited. If you don?t like that - your problem!  beer

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2009, 03:23:09 PM »

What are you talkin' about?. I enjoyed it by all means  ok

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2009, 05:34:39 PM »

Perla's photos...

Perla Hudson's Photos - LAYN BENEFIT

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=349619&id=197730290547&l=81a3e54c06

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2009, 05:41:30 PM »

That's an awesome picture!  yes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »

That new song By The Sword is fucking awesome

this solo album is gonna be awesome

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »

That new song By The Sword is fucking awesome

this solo album is gonna be awesome

That seems to be the general consensus. If you sift through the youtube quotes people seem to be really be into the song as it is heavy, has a killer riff and the solo is one of the best ones we have heard from Slash in a while.

The funny part about it I think is that I was watching an interview with Andrew and he was talking about how fast and decisively Slash works in terms of the creative process. He knew what he wanted out of the song and they sat down and pounded it out rather quickly it seems.

Working quick is something we typically get on Slash about, but it seems in this case it is a good thing he went with whatever he was planning in his head as this seems like a super inspired tune.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »

not just musically but the lyrics to that song I can decipher are bad ass

imagine the studio version? If a shitty youtube version is that killer, imagine the full blown studio.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2009, 06:52:56 PM »

not just musically but the lyrics to that song I can decipher are bad ass

imagine the studio version? If a shitty youtube version is that killer, imagine the full blown studio.
should be some goood shit indeed smoking

has there been any word about when he can/will release the names of his guests and whatnot?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »

?Had a great jam with Slash and his crew last night,? wrote frontman Andrew Stockdale on social networking site Twitter. ?I think we may well have an epic on our hands, with a monumental solo of course!!!!?

That was from back in May, and he seemed to know at the time they had stumbled onto something good as that description fits the song to a T.

I am lukewarm about Sahara the song, but the production value is outstanding. Everyone who has heard the song from Andrew/Slash/to Dave Navaro said the song is a monster, and live it certainly seemed that way. There is no reason to believe that the studio version is not going to deliver the goods as the 2 songs from the Japanese single at least prove if nothing else whoever is producing this is highly competent.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »

I think Ozzy is dead commercially

Slash needs to release this as the first single

it would crush modern/mainstream radio

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »

The neat thing about this album is we don't know how the other 17 songs sound. For all we know he could have alot of songs this caliber, or this could be the only one.

I quite frankly think if he has another killer song with someone like Kid Rock on it that could be awesome and commercially viable. Same goes for a track like this with a killer vocal from someone like Chris Cornell if he can find the same fountain of inspiration Slash apparently has.

As far as the Ozzy song goes, Marc Cantor got a listen and said "The song sounds like the 1972 Ozzy and it's heavy!".  Not sure what that means, but I think By the Sword is heavy and if he has another track like that with Ozzy sounding Sabbathlike then it could be good to.

I think Slash is going to pleasantly surprise alot of us. I thought the work he did with Vocalise for the Les Paul album last year (at about the same time he started working on his solo album) was some of the best work I have heard him do since his Guns days. His playing seems to be at a pretty high level right now, and he has seemed incredibly motivated by this opportunity as it is a once in a lifetime shot to get a who's who of rock n' roll to lend their voice to your album the way he has.

I just have a sinking suspicion that he is ready to rip loose on this as it has been a while. For better or worse it seemed like he was holding back in VR for the most part, but now he super motivated, has complete creative freedom and is surrounded on every song by top flight musicians. That strikes me as a recipe for more killer songs like he did with Andrew.

Besides, we haven't even gotten to the cherry on the Sunday yet which could very well be the Izzy song if his playing is anywhere near the level at which it is on By the Sword. In the 2 tweets announcing Izzy on the album, he all but screamed to the mountains that it is musically going to sound an awful lot like an old school GNR song would based on his description of how the guitars sound on the song.
Izzy is down here putting some rhythm gtr on a track, sounds fucking cool.
There is an unmistakable sound that me & Izzy's guitars make when performed together.

Come to think of it, I am now really looking forward to the track with Steven (and Flea on Bass) after listening to him tear through Paradise City. It will be nice to hear some original music from him, and he was fucking killing it on the drums so he clearly hasn't lost his ability to play.

By the Sword is only one song, but it is inconceivable to me that it just happens to be the only bad-ass song on the album. Too soon to get our hopes too high, but it is totally realistic to have higher hopes for the album now than we may have a couple of weeks ago because with the right pieces around him clearly Slash can still bring it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2009, 08:10:45 PM »

only thing that worries me is where this is the only new song he chose to play... could it be cause he considered it the best? or just the only one he was legally allowed to do at the moment?

nothing wrong if this is the best song on the album, cause it is a kick ass song.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »

only thing that worries me is where this is the only new song he chose to play... could it be cause he considered it the best? or just the only one he was legally allowed to do at the moment?

Supposedly they were going to do the Ozzy song I read but they didn't have time to properly rehearse it.

If I had to guess, Slash was not going to debut a song (supposedly to be the first single) that he didn't have a high degree of confidence they would pull off well. Maybe he just decided not to push his luck that Ozzy would be committed to rehearsal or whatnot.

Andrew seemed a good candidate because it was a kick ass song, and Slash showed up the next night to play it with him at the wolfmother concert. So it got to be used more than once.

I wouldn't read too much into only playing the one with Andrew though, frankly I am happy to only have heard one song so far. I want to be surprised when I listen to it the first time through, as it is a buzzkill hearing too much of it early playing songs live.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2009, 10:00:11 PM »

When Steven came to rehearsal last Friday for that benefit show, the scars of his hard-lived life faded instantly, replaced by his kid-like grin. The drugs over the years had done every diabolical trick they could, but they did not steal his talent and backbeat. It was a pleasure and an honor to play with my brother again after a 20-year absence. He absolutely killed it last Sunday night at the Avalon Theater in Hollywood. I pulled for him. Slash pulled for him. The whole audience pulled for him. In that short instant, three teenage runaways from the past paid it forward to a wide-eyed audience of kids who could see what can be achieved when the strains of life are eased and replaced by dreams and hope.

This is an excerpt from Duff's weekly column he does for that Seattle Newspaper. I could tell from the video he was enjoying seeing Popcorn back there banging away on his drums, but he did a good job of putting it into perspective. You can read the rest of the article in the thread about his column.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:02:46 PM by Naupis » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »

Because the section of SLASH and his band "FRIENDS" ruin it with GNR? Some people do not even understand what is GNR... OMG !!

On.Topic:

Good Pic's And IZZY In Disc... Excelent Colaboration... Thanks.

peace

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2009, 01:36:54 AM »

Yeah I'm not sure Ozzy is the best choice for lead single either.  I guess we'll find out soon enough though.  And that technically hasn't been confirmed either, has it?  Wasn't that just reported by Mistress Carrie?  I mean there's still awhile till the album comes out, things could always change.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2009, 07:02:21 AM »

Im surprised Izzy didnt also join them onstage. Those 4 guys together would of made big press.

Also, do you think Slash and Duff have had a falling out with Matt? Just hes usually in on EVERYTHING they do. Havent seen him with them for a while!

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: