Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:53:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Importance of Buckethead in GN'R
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Importance of Buckethead in GN'R  (Read 14870 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: November 17, 2004, 01:50:47 AM »

I know Buckethead is great and I'm one of his biggest fans, but he really is passing up an oppurtunity. Buckethead and Axl Rose can be the greatest combination in music history if they just stuck together and wrote music. I mean listen to Madagascar, Buckethead and Axl even go as far as playing guitar together at RIR3 during this song. Buckethead had solo's on GN'R's tours that blew people away, and I think this trend of Buckethead in GN'R should continue. I miss him already and GN'R hasn't done anything as far as putting anything new out there on the market. So Buckethead, get with Axl man you all need to work things out and promote Chinese Democracy together. Remember when Axl gave you Leatherface for Christmas?  The guy really does care about you.  I realize there is going to be mixed responses.  I figured since the album is on its way, they should promote there years of work together and stick it out. I know some other people have to agree with me...maybe some kind of letter can be issued about the importance of Buckethead in GN'R, hell I don't know what to do.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 02:13:55 AM »

Deep down I hope that they work it out. But Axl needs him more than he needs Axl (putting on flame suit now).
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 02:46:04 AM »

Deep down I hope that they work it out. But Axl needs him more than he needs Axl (putting on flame suit now).
Nah, if CD is released it will do well with or without Buckethead. With Axl, Buckethead could rise above his current cult status and become a fully fledged guitar hero.
SADIS
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 03:03:46 AM »

Well, I hope that dork stays the hell out of GNR.

They don't need someone who looks that stupid. Come on man, it ain't SlipKnot. Maybe he will do better in that group of ?berdorks. Just get a guitar player that looks like he fits with the rest, it's not that hard right? And Tommy also said he was glad ButtocksCrack left, so even GNR sees that they are better of without him.

And yeah, I do hate Bucketwhack with all my heart. Just an opinion though.....
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 04:40:37 AM »

With Axl, Buckethead could rise above his current cult status and become a fully fledged guitar hero.

And as a full fledged guitar hero, think of how popular his solo work would be!!  It seems like the guy really didn't have his heart set in GN'R, they're probably better off without him.
jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 08:16:36 AM »

Do any of you guys remember when Slash left GN'R?  Now that meant something.  Don't get me wrong Bucket was cool but what with the constant open door policy that GNR has it's getting harder to care about who is actually in the current line-up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 01:42:37 PM »

grog mug, mate. I agree with everything you said and I don?t think we can do anything.
Axl must have thought the same. Cry

I guess BH doesn?t enjoy doing what some people hate. He is not trying to be big, just want to amuse people with his music. 

I don?t know what those hatred born of.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 06:27:08 PM »

grog mug, mate. I agree with everything you said and I don?t think we can do anything.
Axl must have thought the same. Cry

I guess BH doesn?t enjoy doing what some people hate. He is not trying to be big, just want to amuse people with his music.?

I don?t know what those hatred born of.

He was blamed for the rio cancel, to bad he had to leave, great playa and added to the magic,
 we have his other projects at least and his stuff on the upcoming cd Smiley
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 06:29:45 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 06:31:45 PM »

Buckethead and Axl woulda/coulda been the next Axl/slash , Joe Perry/Steve Tyler etc etc .. think of the videos?!

But I think the door is totally closed on a return now in lieu of Tommy Stinsons asinine remarks. But fuck Tommy anyways .. he can get back to me when he makes and sells as many albums as a solo artist that Buckethead has.  ok

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 06:35:34 PM »

Buckethead and Axl woulda/coulda been the next Axl/slash , Joe Perry/Steve Tyler etc etc .. think of the videos?!
No, never. BH can be easily replaced. He is a shredder like another one. He had nothing special.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 06:39:13 PM »

No, never. BH can be easily replaced. He is a shredder like another one. He had nothing special.

And that sir is just your opinion as my post was only my opinion.  ok

Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 06:42:03 PM »

i liked bucko a lot but after he left, i realized that he really didnt fit into guns too well. ?the star wars solo and toys were all cool, but kinda gay. ?finck and fortus kick ass tho peace
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 06:50:52 PM »

I guess we'll have to see what Bucket contributed when the album comes out assuming his parts stay.  But, in my opinion, they will be fine without him.  I'll admit, he's an intriguing player, but to me, he's just a shredder as well.  I know he can play about anything and is very technically skilled, but after awhile, I get tired of him, or any shredder, just trying to play as fast as they can.  I think it starts to sound a little annoying after awhile.  It's not his playing ability I doubt as much as his writing ability.  Just my opinion! 

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 07:01:39 PM »

But I think the door is totally closed on a return now in lieu of Tommy Stinsons asinine remarks. But fuck Tommy anyways .. he can get back to me when he makes and sells as many albums as a solo artist that Buckethead has.? ok

DISCLAIMER:? I dug BH's inclusion in GNR.

But...

Wait a minute here, Tommy Stinson is a highly respected musician who's been out there doing it for 25 fucking years.? His reputation is unquestionable and he's undoubtedly the most credible new member of GNR.

As far as he Stinson getting back to you "when he makes and sells as many albums as a solo artist that Buckethead has",? I believe BH has probably made more albums than he's actually sold....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 07:14:30 PM »

Buckethead was Great for the NewGNR...
Maybe when the tour starts he will be back.
Buckethead Fuckin Rules.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2004, 08:37:50 PM »

DISCLAIMER:? I dug BH's inclusion in GNR.

But...

Wait a minute here, Tommy Stinson is a highly respected musician who's been out there doing it for 25 fucking years.? His reputation is unquestionable and he's undoubtedly the most credible new member of GNR.

Tommy was totally out of the game for near 10 years , down and out and selling toner ink cartridges over the phone. He wasnt out there "doing it" then ... Buckethead has been recording non stop for himself and other peoples album since the very early 90's .. he has released and/or appeared on over 100 studio albums. Unlike Tommy in the replacements , Bucketheads music wasnt written for him like Westenberg did and instructed for Stinson. And unlike Tommy Bucketheads music isnt 3 chords downstrummed "hey ho , lets go!" punk rock.  Roll Eyes

As far as he Stinson getting back to you "when he makes and sells as many albums as a solo artist that Buckethead has",? I believe BH has probably made more albums than he's actually sold....

Bucketheads albums usually sell as much as they print/make copies of. Being on small independent labels and having to promote your albums by word of mouth and touring isnt really easy but he still sells enough to keep going and afford him the luxury of making more albums. Bucketheads fanbase is loyal and they/we support him no matter what. I'm sure Tommys fanbase is loyal too and I guess VGH is selling well ..I dunno. I still stand by my point that Buckethead is 100x more prolific at writing and recording then Stinson will ever be.

Personally I would just like to know what Buckethead did to irk so many bad comments from tommy when nobody else in the band has said anything about Buckethead in an ill light , other then dizzy saying he was out of the band?

p.s. I doubt VGH has sold as many copies as Monsters and Robots.

p.p.s , I'm not trying to argue with or flame you .. just backing up my boy Buckethead! Peace!  peace

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2004, 09:41:21 PM »

p.p.s , I'm not trying to argue with or flame you .. just backing up my boy Buckethead! Peace!? peace

No problem, I understand where you're coming from although in the pantheon of rock music, Stinson is just about as respected as they come...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2004, 10:06:12 PM »

Buckethead isn't a guitarist who you can just go out and replace and have someone else play his parts.  He's a person who makes music that takes a degree of skill to play that most people just don't have and his style is also unique and tough to imitate. 

The people who say they're glad he left the band because they didn't like his image are being superficial, the man is a genius when it comes to creating music and his talent is higher than almost anyone else out there.

The problem with Buckethead may have been something to do with chemistry, he churns out solo albums regularly but some people have a hard time creating music with others.  Buckethead is a very eccentric person obviously so maybe the chemistry just wasn't there. 
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2004, 10:08:48 PM »

I guess we'll have to see what Bucket contributed when the album comes out assuming his parts stay.? But, in my opinion, they will be fine without him.? I'll admit, he's an intriguing player, but to me, he's just a shredder as well.? I know he can play about anything and is very technically skilled, but after awhile, I get tired of him, or any shredder, just trying to play as fast as they can.? I think it starts to sound a little annoying after awhile.? It's not his playing ability I doubt as much as his writing ability.? Just my opinion!?

Just a shredder?  Check out the Electric Tears album.  That's as far from just a shredder as anyone can get.  Very subdued and surreal. 
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2004, 10:18:34 PM »

While I'm a fan of Slash's more bluesy style than Buckets shredding, there's no doubt Bucket can really f**king play some mean guitar. It's a little disappointing because I think Bucket was starting to become a big drawcard in nuGN'R too along with Axl.

I mean, Axl said he could never find someone to properly replace Slash, so why not go left field and get a completely over-the-top avant garde player like Buckethead?
I thought it was a very wise move on Axl's part, shame it didn't work out.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 10:21:40 PM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: