Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Rod Jackson and Eric Dover
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rod Jackson and Eric Dover  (Read 17996 times)
Eric
« on: July 23, 2005, 11:06:03 AM »

Does anyone know what happened to these two? I think Eric Dover joined another band after snakepit, Rod Jackson seems to have fallen off the planet. What other bands was Rod Jackson in? Thanks.
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 07:51:10 PM »

Eric Dover plays guitar in Alice Cooper's band
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:27:38 PM »

didnt know eric played guitar....i saw him with slash's snakepit - that guy can really sing.  \m/
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 12:53:11 PM »

I think he doesn?t play in Alice?s band anymore... he has a band called Sextus now. And I think some other project as well, can?t remember what

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 03:13:40 PM »

I'm not a huge Dover fan.  Sometimes I think he sounds quite bad on It's Five O'Clock Somewhere.  Especially when he screams.  Sounds kinda whiny almost.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 03:39:08 PM »

I'm not a huge Dover fan.? Sometimes I think he sounds quite bad on It's Five O'Clock Somewhere.? Especially when he screams.? Sounds kinda whiny almost.

He's a terrible singer, that albums might have been something with a different vocalist....oh, and some better lyrics too Tongue

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eric
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 07:52:49 PM »

I really liked the first snakepit=liked Eric Dover-thought the second one was terrible-on the other hand, if that was meant to be the next guns n roses record like Axl says, it would have been a letdown for me in some ways.
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 08:33:45 PM »

Dover is a great guitar player. I thought both Snakepit albums were terrible although the first one had a few good songs, actually two Gilby's song Monkey Chow, and Beggars , whatever it is called.  The second one was even worse than the first, I liked Dover over Jackson. I was disappointed in both efforts nonetheless.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 07:25:38 AM »

Dover is a great guitar player. I thought both Snakepit albums were terrible although the first one had a few good songs, actually two Gilby's song Monkey Chow, and Beggars , whatever it is called.? The second one was even worse than the first, I liked Dover over Jackson. I was disappointed in both efforts nonetheless.

I think Beggars is a Slash song. BTW 5 O'Clock is one of my favourite albums of all time, it's fuckin' great, the best riffs of the decade!  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 04:00:52 PM »

Dover was a cool singer on snakepit.

met him a few years ago in la at a starfuckers show. Was well cool guy. As was gilby and john corabi who were both there too. beer
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

I think all the guys from the second snakepit (minus Slash ofcourse) will do some kind of snakepit again...

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 02:31:03 PM »

I think all the guys from the second snakepit (minus Slash ofcourse) will do some kind of snakepit again...

Why? They are involved in all kinds of projects, why would they pull out and reform a fantastically unsuccesful band without the one person that made the band talented?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 05:04:03 PM »

Why? They are involved in all kinds of projects, why would they pull out and reform a fantastically unsuccesful band without the one person that made the band talented?

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know the answer to this one. You'll have to ask them, IF they do it. Last I heard was when they were still thinking about it.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 09:55:25 PM »

Dover has been playing shows with Billy Duffy (The Cult) and Jerry Cantrell's (AIC) side project, Cardboard Vampyres.? Billed as the "Heaviest Cover Band In the World", the Vamps play tunes from AC/DC, Sabbath, Aerosmith, Iggy, Metallica as well as a few Cult and AIC tunes.? Rounding out the band is Chris Wyse (The Cult) and Bevan Davies (Danzig).

The riffage is supplied by Duffy and Cantrell, Dover handles most vocals and only picks up the guitar when Cantrell sings Iggy And The Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog".

It's purely a "for fun' gig for Jerry and Billy, as Duffy says, "We're not selling anything but a good time"...

More info can be found here: http://www.cardboardvampyres.com/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 11:43:32 PM »

beggars & hangers-on by Slash/Eric and Duff

Moneky chow - yeap - Gilby's

Both great songs !!!!

What do you mean - Eric isn't a good singer? He's great, he sounds cool and he has the feeling!!!!!!!
He's far much better that Jackson is and both are far far far far far far far better then Weiland ever will be.

Five O'Clock - great album.

MoonMax
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 12:45:30 AM »

I'm not a big Weiland fan at all, but he's definitely better than Eric Dover.  I like the first Snakepit album, but Slash most definitely could've gotten someone better than him to sing.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 01:29:41 AM »

I'm not a big Weiland fan at all, but he's definitely better than Eric Dover.? I like the first Snakepit album, but Slash most definitely could've gotten someone better than him to sing.

That's crazy! Could You explain this to me?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 03:02:06 AM »

Firstly, Scott Weiland has a better vocal ranger than Dover.  When Dover tries to go too high his voice sounds very whiny and unpleasant.  Weiland doesn't have amazing range or anything, but I find myself cringing much less frequently listening to him.  Secondly, who the fuck is Eric Dover?  Weiland is an accomplished frontman who's now fronted two very succesful bands.  He's an excellent live performer.  And he's an interesting (albeit often annoying) personality.  I can't believe I'm wasting time and energy explaining why Scott Weiland is better than Eric Dover.  Does anyone else find this a little ridiculous?  He's Eric fucking Dover for crissakes!

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 09:55:25 AM »

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know the answer to this one. You'll have to ask them, IF they do it. Last I heard was when they were still thinking about it.

Who'd be the guitarist Ryan Roxie or Keri Kelli? And who'd be the other (lead? rhythm?) guitarist?

Rollin' on the streets
MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 11:26:34 AM »

Firstly, Scott Weiland has a better vocal ranger than Dover.? ? Weiland doesn't have amazing range or anything,

Cmopare those two, man. If that was true, you'd make Eric one note singer, come on!! Listen to those two again. The thing that makes me sick about Contraband is that it bores me after 6th track, because Weiland sings around the same range from the beggining to the last track of the album. His voice itselfe is very seamless. You say range... Listen to Be The Ball, Scott sounds like he would never rich those notes. Besides Eric's voice is much much more colorful. I can only accept, that You just don't like he's sound and that's all.

And who's Eric? And who cares? If he's good, why not make him a star. The problem with today's music is, that most artist are fuckin lames. They can't play sing or write and has no personality, they are just bein produced well and that's all. The other side, tells another painful truth. If someone was great in the past and he suddenly surficed from the ground but he's like shit, the market tells you - buy he's record, once he was great and give him appluse. I never knew Weiland before, if he was good or wasn't, but I tell You what see and hear. He's crap, end of the story.

MoonMax
Eric
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 11:30:44 AM »

I kind of took Slash's word that the first snakepit was just a fun thing to do inbetween guns n roses, just kind of thrown together and recorded quickly-but in interviews about Aint Life Grand, he mentioned how it was a permanent band, and how he put his heart and soul into it-and after hearing it, I was very disappointed. It sucked.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2005, 11:53:01 AM »

Who'd be the guitarist Ryan Roxie or Keri Kelli? And who'd be the other (lead? rhythm?) guitarist?

Keri. I don't know about the other one.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2005, 05:42:51 PM »

Keri. I don't know about the other one.

Thank You. I'm really looking forward hearing that album, both Snakepit incarnations had a lot of potential. And they will call it simply Snakepit or what?

Rollin' on the streets
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2005, 07:42:21 PM »

Thank You. I'm really looking forward hearing that album, both Snakepit incarnations had a lot of potential. And they will call it simply Snakepit or what?

I'm not sure how will they call it. At this point I'm not even sure if it's going to happen. I'll try to find out.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 01:06:51 AM »

I was never a fan of Weiland before VR either.  In fact I'm still not a very big fan of his.  I happen to prefer him to Eric Dover.  If you prefer Dover, MoonMax, that's cool.  It's all personal taste.  However, have you ever seen either perfom live?  Scott Weiland is one of the best live frontmen I've ever seen.  I highly doubt Eric Dover had that presence on stage.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 07:38:04 PM »

I like the first Snakepit album alot.  I pretty much hated the second one though except a couple tunes......

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 06:33:47 AM »

OK,  you guys must be kidding,  right!?
Both Snakepit albums are great but ALG is better.
Actually,  both are better than Contraband and ALG ison the same level as any other GNR album (better than Lies,  though).
Rod Jackson is great and Eric is good unlike Scott.
Compared to him,  even Axl  looks like a singer. 
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 07:31:05 PM »

Compared to him,? even Axl? looks like a singer.?

you?re a GNR-fan, right...?

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
izzyfan84
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »

Eric Dover sang on a band called Imperial Drag after Snakepit, with former Jellyfish bandmate Roger Manning. Whent that ended he played guitar on tour with Alice Cooper, reccommended by Gilby Clarke who turned down the position. After touring and recording (co-writing also) for the The eyes of Alice Cooper record, he went to finish recording and preparring his solo proyect Sextus, that has benn in the works for 5 years aprox.

Rod Jackson has been unseen after the Snakepit worldtour, he has record some demo tunes like "Heavy Reggae" with Teddy Andreadis and Johnny G, from 2nd Snakepit, but from that no news available
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 01:22:09 AM »

I would really like to know, if  I can get an album with Eric Dover in it, because I honestly think he is a great singer, S's snake pit 1st album,. its amazing, i dont know, why some of you can9t get it, and the second one, well i can't get some of the songs, -- i guess its just a matter of opinion and taste -- thanks I hope you answer my question....

@;---,----.------,------------- TPR
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2005, 01:56:02 AM »

S's snake pit 1st album,. its amazing, i dont know, why some of you can9t get it

It's not about "getting it"...

It's about liking or not liking...

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2005, 02:21:15 AM »

S's snake pit 1st album,. its amazing, i dont know, why some of you can9t get it

It's not about "getting it"...

It's about liking or not liking...

Man i like the 1st one, but the second one, well I can't get it, I like some songs but some others I just can't get them, I hope you understand....

Anyway, where is Eric nowadays?

@;----,-----.-------,--------------TPR
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2005, 04:42:53 AM »

I wouldn't know.

Last year I think he was playing guitar for Alice Cooper... But I'm not 100% sure...

Eric
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 01:45:40 PM »

Did Gilby really turn down an opportunity to tour with Alice Cooper?
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 04:34:45 AM »

I think Eric's been playing with The Starfuckers, alongside Slim Jim Phantom and, yup, Dizzy.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2005, 10:35:15 PM »

In my opinion Eric Dover, is a great singer, do you know if recorded, any other album besides, the one that he did with slash?

@;----,------.--------,--------- T.P.R.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 06:06:32 AM »

In my opinion Eric Dover, is a great singer, do you know if recorded, any other album besides, the one that he did with slash?

@;----,------.--------,--------- T.P.R.

As someone said earlier, he made an album with a band called Imperial drag, which spawned a semi-hit in Europe, "Boy or a girl". Very glam-rock oriented, and not too bad.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 08:17:16 AM »

eric played with alice in 2002, i dunno what he's doin now. ryan roxi and a Damon something are now touring with Alice. that Damon had a great band in the 80's, but i have really bad memory.
Rod Jackson is recording coca cola Spots and making more money then ever so i've heard.

Chinese Democracy!
makane
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2005, 09:53:48 AM »

I can't believe how many of you guys don't like snakepit albums, great bluesy rock.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Eric
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2005, 10:11:18 AM »

I still think it would have been neat to hear the project Duff, Slash, and Izzy were working on a few years back-Izzy is a great songwriter, which is what the second Snakepit was missing-I'm not so sure about Slash as a songwriter.
makane
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2005, 04:20:10 PM »

I still think it would have been neat to hear the project Duff, Slash, and Izzy were working on a few years back-Izzy is a great songwriter, which is what the second Snakepit was missing-I'm not so sure about Slash as a songwriter.

I remember Slash saying in some interview that they recorded some of the best stuff they had ever written, which pisses me of, 'cause il probably never hear that stuff  Sad

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2005, 11:08:32 PM »

Someone on here mentioned that Slash, Izzy, and Duff were saving that material in case they ever got back together with Axl. I dont know if that's true or not.

MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2005, 11:45:33 PM »

Is there anyone we could ask??

There are some people who are more friendly to the public then others. If you have Izzy's "River", you can see, that in it's booklet there's a site adress from the keybordiest Ian "Mac" Mclagan. I e-mailed him few years ago and asked questions about Izzy and, you know, how was it recording the album. The guy aswered me like the next day! He didn't say anything special, it was like "Izzy's very cool guy"-stuff(unfortunately, I've lost that e-mail because of win.breakdown).

What I mean is, there are some people who could know something or anything.

Cheers
MoonMax
makane
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2005, 07:15:43 AM »

Naa, can't really see that "saving for Axl" is true. I guess some of the songs will pop-up on Izzys solo albums...
'Cause I know VR ain't using them long as they have Weiland.

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2005, 07:31:17 AM »

that would be Damon Johnson from Brother Cane. that was an excelent band!

actually i saw both versions of alice cooper - with eric dover (and teddy was on the tour as well) and damon, and i really enjoyed the new band better.

as for rod jackson, he had sung some tv commercials.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2005, 04:23:41 PM »

rod jackson was quite the singer, I liked eric as well he was different though.. I love those two albums alot.. Very underrated
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2005, 05:01:28 PM »

Dude,  ALG had better and more mature lyrics than any GNR album.
Just that Axl fans probably missed some hate and bashing that was plenty off on GNR albums (especially the first two).
Shine,  Back to the moment,  Been there lately...
Not to mention all the great songs on It's five o'clock...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2005, 03:02:46 AM »

love both era's of the Snakepit, they fuckin' rule(D)

i rather SNAKEPIT then VR ok ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2005, 06:21:24 AM »

love both era's of the Snakepit, they fuckin' rule(D)

i rather SNAKEPIT then VR ok ok
yes
makane
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2005, 07:02:00 AM »

Anyone have good audio/video bootlegs from Snakepit concerts?

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: