Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:51:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler - no show for Rock The boat!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler - no show for Rock The boat!  (Read 16629 times)
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« on: May 01, 2006, 05:53:22 AM »

well, he didnt show for rock the boat in Norway..

so the GNR tribute band had to do it on their own....  hihi

i wasnt there though, but a friend of mine said Gilby was the sweetest guy and stuff like that and his show fucking rocked. played the same songs he usually do

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Jonathan
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 06:15:21 AM »

Hahaha, I can't help it.

This is pure comedy, for sure.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 11:08:25 PM »

Seriously, name one good thing that Steven did for GN'R.  Matt is the original GN'R drummer to me and I've been a fan since 88.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 04:17:48 AM »

Nothing beats the AFD line-up. Steven's drumming is awesome, he's got a great groove... Matt on the other hand is like a drummachine, his timing is so perfect it's boring... also he uses the same beat over and over again whereas Steven used different beats for each song, making the song stick out. And the drumtracks on UYI where basically already written, Matt just played on it and made up his own fills and stuff.

"They were written with Steve playing the drums and his sense of swing was the push and pull that give the songs their feel. When that was gone, it was just...unbeliev- able,weird. Nothing worked."

- Izzy Stradlin '92

Enough said..
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 05:33:48 AM »

Seriously, name one good thing that Steven did for GN'R.? Matt is the original GN'R drummer to me and I've been a fan since 88.

How about writing 90% of all the drums? that good enough for ya?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »

Seriously, name one good thing that Steven did for GN'R.  Matt is the original GN'R drummer to me and I've been a fan since 88.

should think so, sure is good enough for me! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 01:50:14 PM »

Seriously, name one good thing that Steven did for GN'R.? Matt is the original GN'R drummer to me and I've been a fan since 88.

should think so, sure is good enough for me! ok

He may be a better drummer but what a waste of talent and space.  If he didn't have money coming in from GN'R he would be dead or be laying in the gutter somewhere.  NO band would want this guy in their band because he's a fuckup.  Give me Matt any day.  Much more exciting. 
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 04:46:46 AM »

Waste of space and talent?

Steven's planning to record new material with Chip in the near future... anyways Steven hasn't done that much up until 1999. And then Adler's Appetite started in 2000/2001, but since then he's toured alot and recorded/released an EP.
Technically speaking he has done more then Axl and his band Wink

Yeah he fucked some things up with the last line-up but hey everyone fucks up once in a while. Atleast he's busy with music, and they have written original songs over the years only they where never recorded properly. Steven can still drum his ass off and put on a good show. But hey Steven and Matt are completely different drummers, it's all what you prefer anyway..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 04:49:26 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 03:40:56 PM »

Once in a while?
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 04:03:27 PM »

Once in a while?

Hmm interesting, so tell me what does steven do in his day to day life??? ? Roll Eyes
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »

I wouldn't listen to Steven if he payed me to come play in my basement.  I would rather go to a Justin Timberlake show than watch STeven.  Sorry, I just think he's a dumbass.  Very good drummer though.   I'm done.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 02:46:15 PM »

I wouldn't listen to Steven if he payed me to come play in my basement. I would rather go to a Justin Timberlake show than watch STeven. Sorry, I just think he's a dumbass. Very good drummer though. I'm done.

and you wouldn't watch a good drummer playing in your own basement cos you think he's a dumbass?
reasonable.. hihi

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 11:21:25 PM »

It's really to bad for Steven

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 01:14:11 AM »

I feel sorry for Adler. Hes a fucking joke and he has no one to blame but himself.

Still his work on AFD is better than what Matt recorded.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 06:16:57 AM »

so the GNR tribute band had to do it on their own....? hihi

were'nt they playing in Lisbon that night?  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 11:07:53 AM »

so the GNR tribute band had to do it on their own....  hihi

were'nt they playing in Lisbon that night?  hihi

wahahha..BURN! hihi
(sorry, watching that '70s show Grin)

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 01:14:33 PM »

Steven is a good guy... And a hell of a drummer still to this day.

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 05:04:46 PM »

I love Steven and when he left the band you kind of had the feeling GNR would never be the same.  I would have loved to hear Steven play on Coma.  I love the original lineup.  I like the new band don't get me wrong, but I will always be old school.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 02:44:32 AM »

Steven is a good guy...

How?  He's a junkie who screwed everything up for himself and still blames everyone else for what happened to him
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 04:40:40 AM »

I feel sorry for Adler. Hes a fucking joke and he has no one to blame but himself.

Very true.? Steven's work was classic.? Too bad he's been in a downward spiral for so long.? Until he started popping up in the media a few years ago, I really thought he was straightening his life out.? For example, I remember reading an interview where he was talking about getting off drugs and writing a book about GNR.? When he formed Sukie Jones (Adler's Appetite), I thought he finally got himself together.? Now it's just kind of sad what's happened to him.? ?

The Blob
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 05:16:54 AM »

steven always will be THE guns n' roses drummer. not sorum, not brain.

he is one of THE FIVE...

in my eyes a real reunion is axl, slash, duff, izzy and steven (and definitely not sorum).
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 05:17:52 AM »

Very true.  Steven's work was classic.  Too bad he's been in a downward spiral for so long.  Until he started popping up in the media a few years ago, I really thought he was straightening his life out.  For example, I remember reading an interview where he was talking about getting off drugs and writing a book about GNR.  When he formed Sukie Jones (Adler's Appetite), I thought he finally got himself together.  Now it's just kind of sad what's happened to him.   

The worst thing about it is that he seems to have this attitude where he denies problems to himself but talks about it openly in this detached and unashamed way (I suspect because he likes the sympathy and attention).

Never going to go anywhere with an attitude like that  no
Slashahaulic
Opening Act

Where would GnR be today if it wasn't for Slash...

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 11:10:18 AM »

steven always will be THE guns n' roses drummer. not sorum, not brain.

he is one of THE FIVE...

in my eyes a real reunion is axl, slash, duff, izzy and steven (and definitely not sorum).

I don't see any way Steven plays for any extended time with GnR - maybe a one time gig at the RnRHOF, but that's about it for him, which is too bad.

Slash: the Soul behind GnR
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 11:55:06 AM »

Well I think Steve drumming is great I like it better than Matt's but we all know that, people like matt; people like steven big deal, no lets move on  ok

What happened to Steven any news?

No man can be my equal
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

Steven is a good guy...

How?? He's a junkie who screwed everything up for himself and still blames everyone else for what happened to him

I have partied with him a few times..  He is a good guy.. Just because you are a fuck up doesn't mean your a bad person.

GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

you are reading this sentence.

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 12:49:09 PM »

anyone going to see AA with Faster Pussycat & Bang Tango in Queens, NY this August?
i can't wait!

I am not the devil; I only play His music.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »

Steven is a good guy...

How?? He's a junkie who screwed everything up for himself and still blames everyone else for what happened to him

I have partied with him a few times..? He is a good guy.. Just because you are a fuck up doesn't mean your a bad person.

Cool that you've partied with him.  From his interviews, he seems like a very funny guy (sometimes unitentionally).  I remember an interview where he was asked why he still does drugs and he said because it makes his cock hard.   rofl
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 03:04:26 PM »

anyone going to see AA with Faster Pussycat & Bang Tango in Queens, NY this August?
i can't wait!

When exactly in August and which venue?
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 12:48:20 AM »

Steven is a good guy...

I have partied with him a few times..? He is a good guy.. Just because you are a fuck up doesn't mean your a bad person.

Cool that you've partied with him.? From his interviews, he seems like a very funny guy (sometimes unitentionally).? I remember an interview where he was asked why he still does drugs and he said because it makes his cock hard.? ?rofl

Althougn I've lost some respect for Steven's ability to exercise self-control, I don't think he's necessarily a bad person.? I do think he runs his mouth a lot about other people (but I guess you can say that about almost every GNR member/ex-member!).?

Some of the nicest people in the world are drunks/addicts, etc.? ?Must have been interesting to party with him!
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 03:30:26 AM »

He's funny, listen to this blooper http://www.myspace.com/hairballjohnradioshow

Grin

Here you can listen to a full audio interview from 2005, he also talks about hanging out/recording with Izzy in 2004.

http://www.hairballjohn.com/interviews.csp?d-3646875-p=2
GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 10:35:02 AM »

i can't wait!

Wednesday, August 8th.
according to pollstar, the show is at a venue called Bottom's Up in Astoria. but i called there, and they said that the show will actually be at the new Bottom's Up, which opens June 15th in Flushing.

on a side note, I saw Bang Tango recently @ the continental, and even though joe leste was the only original member, and there were less than 20 people there, i have to say that b.t. totally delivered the goods.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 03:44:19 PM »

The guy's lost it big time, he really needs to get his life on track or he'll be dead soon, I mean firing his bands, not turning up to shows, he's not in his twentys anymore he needs to find some stability.
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2006, 07:26:03 AM »

The guy's lost it big time, he really needs to get his life on track or he'll be dead soon, I mean firing his bands, not turning up to shows, he's not in his twentys anymore he needs to find some stability.

hihi Sounds like someone else we all know well  hihi
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2006, 11:56:48 AM »

hihi Sounds like someone else we all know well  hihi

what the hell are you guys talking about? Im still in my 20s! Grin

haha anyways, I agree with Jamie. Steven is an awesome guy, he just needs to get off the smack and put a good band back together! ok

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2006, 12:59:14 PM »

hihi Sounds like someone else we all know well? hihi

At least Axl isn't a heroin junky. It really is unfair to compare Axl and Steven at this point. Axl may have built up this reclusive image around him but at least he seems happy with his life, and I'm glad he took as long as he has with CD if it is benificial to his health. But this convo is not about Axl it's about Steven, and I stand by what I said.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2006, 06:53:49 PM »

i can't wait!

Wednesday, August 8th.
according to pollstar, the show is at a venue called Bottom's Up in Astoria. but i called there, and they said that the show will actually be at the new Bottom's Up, which opens June 15th in Flushing.

on a side note, I saw Bang Tango recently @ the continental, and even though joe leste was the only original member, and there were less than 20 people there, i have to say that b.t. totally delivered the goods.

Hey man,

I just checked Pollstar and that show is actually scheduled for Wed August 2nd not the 8th.  I am planning on going.  Anyone else?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 03:51:19 AM »

if you're a fan since 88 why would matt be the original drummer to you hihi
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 11:55:27 AM »

Stevie Rocks. I'll put some youtube clips up soon of when i toured with him last Feb. unfortunatly he was outta control but the nicest guy you could ever meet and a killer on drums!

i got to know the real Steven well off stage behind the sex, drugs n rock n roll. some of it true some of it ain't! What i will say is don't judge someone you don't know! and never ever listen to Metal fuckin Sludge!  ok

i'll post up our backstage vid from Valentines Day 2006 which is hilarious? Grin

Axl (guns 2 roses)

(me and Steven on stage in London Feb 06)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 11:59:47 AM by g2r_Axl » Logged

GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 01:31:15 PM »

i can't wait!

Wednesday, August 8th.

Hey man,

I just checked Pollstar and that show is actually scheduled for Wed August 2nd not the 8th.? I am planning on going.? Anyone else?

how crazy would it be if bumblefoot checks out the show?
gnr doesn't have any tour dates booked in august, and bbf lives in brooklyn

it would be like some bizarre sudafed dream!!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 04:38:49 PM »

I thought steve found axl when glancing at those pics..
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 04:17:15 PM »

Well..to every little one of you nutheads nagging on steven...

You are writing about a man who you don?t know..the only thing you know about him is that he took alot of drugs and got fired from GNR...and iv?e never seen so mutch hate to one man in my entire life..som here?s some hate right back at ya...

The question is....what have YOU done to ever get close to what he did, in music ?guess you are all 13 so...maybe i should wait ?

he is like izzydutch said " one of the five " and nothing will ever change that...

and some jerk said " Matt is the original drummer to me "..what  ??...now that..is just stupid..go back to bed punk !

Sure..he walked out of the biggest and greatest bands in the whole world..that is true..that is just stupid...and weak ..but when you call him a junkie you have to have in mind that even slash was one..so...go to the VR - board and start write your shit there asswell , you think you are supporting  AXL by writing shit about steven ?? ..I?m sure he would tell you to f**k off if he saw that...

here?s the part where i should start pickin on AXL..but i won?t because AXL kick ass and his new band to..but so does steven

And to all you  "people"  who?s writing all this shit, shove your head up your f*****g ass !!!

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2006, 10:35:37 PM »

You have got to be joking. Look, I am not too pleased with the fact that Steven couldn't get it together to finish UYI and got fired (probably deserved, I don't know......), but the man DOES deserve credit for being one of the best drummers to emerge from back in the 80's. Don't take away his talent from AFD because of your bias towards Matt. Matt was also decent, but there's no need to insult one guy's accomplishments to praise another.

Much as I don't approve of Steven's habits and lifestyle, he'll always remain as one of the best drummers in Rock and Roll to me. He at least deserves that much from us old GNR fans, like, love or hate him.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2006, 08:28:30 PM »

i can't wait!

Wednesday, August 8th.

First of all in the interveiw he sounds like he's drunk and second of all if the book has been finished for like a year WHY ISNT IT OUT YET?   this guy is making me angry with his book. but i like how he wants to put the old band back together, and i know it probably wont happen but still it would be sweet Cool

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 04:13:49 AM »

^ He has had two (drug induced) strokes in '99 or '00 and that's the 'drunktalk'. He slurs when he speaks.

And they're still working on the book as far as I know.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »

^ He has had two (drug induced) strokes in '99 or '00 and that's the 'drunktalk'. He slurs when he speaks.

And they're still working on the book as far as I know.

Dude, he's been speaking like that since back in the early 90's.  If you are the end all and be all of knowledge on Steven Adler, get it right!!!   confused
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2006, 12:42:38 PM »

Gimme a break antfucker, the very slurry speech are results from his 2 strokes whenever they where. There's a big difference with audio/video interviews from circa '90 to the present. There are audio interviews from 2004 where an interviewer asks if he's drunk or whatever cause it's so unclear and slurry and he says it's from his strokes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 12:44:49 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 07:25:08 PM »

Gimme a break antfucker, the very slurry speech are results from his 2 strokes whenever they where. There's a big difference with audio/video interviews from circa '90 to the present. There are audio interviews from 2004 where an interviewer asks if he's drunk or whatever cause it's so unclear and slurry and he says it's from his strokes.

The first time Steven called and left a message on my machine he apologized for his slurred speech, indicating he had suffered a stroke/heart attack/OD'd/seizures/been in a coma a few years before, whatever story he used that day.  So as I said, that would have been the early 90s.  Additionally, he went to a speech therapist in an effort to improve his speech before he appeared on Howard Stern in January of 97.  So, call me all the names you want . . . sticks and stones . . .
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »

I think Steven might be my favorite member of GNR. Bu tI'm not sure at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: