Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler - no show for Rock The boat!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler - no show for Rock The boat!  (Read 16631 times)
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 04:17:15 PM »

Well..to every little one of you nutheads nagging on steven...

You are writing about a man who you don?t know..the only thing you know about him is that he took alot of drugs and got fired from GNR...and iv?e never seen so mutch hate to one man in my entire life..som here?s some hate right back at ya...

The question is....what have YOU done to ever get close to what he did, in music ?guess you are all 13 so...maybe i should wait ?

he is like izzydutch said " one of the five " and nothing will ever change that...

and some jerk said " Matt is the original drummer to me "..what  ??...now that..is just stupid..go back to bed punk !

Sure..he walked out of the biggest and greatest bands in the whole world..that is true..that is just stupid...and weak ..but when you call him a junkie you have to have in mind that even slash was one..so...go to the VR - board and start write your shit there asswell , you think you are supporting  AXL by writing shit about steven ?? ..I?m sure he would tell you to f**k off if he saw that...

here?s the part where i should start pickin on AXL..but i won?t because AXL kick ass and his new band to..but so does steven

And to all you  "people"  who?s writing all this shit, shove your head up your f*****g ass !!!

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2006, 10:35:37 PM »

Seriously, name one good thing that Steven did for GN'R.  Matt is the original GN'R drummer to me and I've been a fan since 88.

You have got to be joking. Look, I am not too pleased with the fact that Steven couldn't get it together to finish UYI and got fired (probably deserved, I don't know......), but the man DOES deserve credit for being one of the best drummers to emerge from back in the 80's. Don't take away his talent from AFD because of your bias towards Matt. Matt was also decent, but there's no need to insult one guy's accomplishments to praise another.

Much as I don't approve of Steven's habits and lifestyle, he'll always remain as one of the best drummers in Rock and Roll to me. He at least deserves that much from us old GNR fans, like, love or hate him.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2006, 08:28:30 PM »

anyone going to see AA with Faster Pussycat & Bang Tango in Queens, NY this August?
i can't wait!

When exactly in August and which venue?

Wednesday, August 8th.
according to pollstar, the show is at a venue called Bottom's Up in Astoria. but i called there, and they said that the show will actually be at the new Bottom's Up, which opens June 15th in Flushing.

on a side note, I saw Bang Tango recently @ the continental, and even though joe leste was the only original member, and there were less than 20 people there, i have to say that b.t. totally delivered the goods.

First of all in the interveiw he sounds like he's drunk and second of all if the book has been finished for like a year WHY ISNT IT OUT YET?   this guy is making me angry with his book. but i like how he wants to put the old band back together, and i know it probably wont happen but still it would be sweet Cool

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 04:13:49 AM »

^ He has had two (drug induced) strokes in '99 or '00 and that's the 'drunktalk'. He slurs when he speaks.

And they're still working on the book as far as I know.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »

^ He has had two (drug induced) strokes in '99 or '00 and that's the 'drunktalk'. He slurs when he speaks.

And they're still working on the book as far as I know.

Dude, he's been speaking like that since back in the early 90's.  If you are the end all and be all of knowledge on Steven Adler, get it right!!!   confused
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2006, 12:42:38 PM »

Gimme a break antfucker, the very slurry speech are results from his 2 strokes whenever they where. There's a big difference with audio/video interviews from circa '90 to the present. There are audio interviews from 2004 where an interviewer asks if he's drunk or whatever cause it's so unclear and slurry and he says it's from his strokes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 12:44:49 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 07:25:08 PM »

Gimme a break antfucker, the very slurry speech are results from his 2 strokes whenever they where. There's a big difference with audio/video interviews from circa '90 to the present. There are audio interviews from 2004 where an interviewer asks if he's drunk or whatever cause it's so unclear and slurry and he says it's from his strokes.

The first time Steven called and left a message on my machine he apologized for his slurred speech, indicating he had suffered a stroke/heart attack/OD'd/seizures/been in a coma a few years before, whatever story he used that day.  So as I said, that would have been the early 90s.  Additionally, he went to a speech therapist in an effort to improve his speech before he appeared on Howard Stern in January of 97.  So, call me all the names you want . . . sticks and stones . . .
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »

I think Steven might be my favorite member of GNR. Bu tI'm not sure at this point.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: