Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:52:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy - Like a Dog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy - Like a Dog  (Read 20246 times)
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 05:56:22 AM »

Is this cd still available?

Yes it is, www.scootersteez.com you can order it Smiley
ryba
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 06:30:57 AM »

I've got all his albums, but not bought, just in .mp3 format.  Wink And I like them a lot.

Does anyone know what happened with the material written/recorded with Slash, that, according to rumors, had been supposed to appear on Like A Dog? I'm sure I can't hear Slash on it.

peace powertabs.net: G'N'R, Snakepit, Duff, Gilby and VR power tabs. Check'em out (and contribute) Smiley!
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 07:10:17 AM »

^ Now that's not nice.. you should buy them and support him Wink

Izzy had made clear in 2003 who was on Like A Dog, there where no rumours about Slash/Duff being on it cause it was stated all the way back then. Like A Dog is a solo album. Basically when LAD was recorded in April/May 2003 Slash and Duff where busy with VR.

The 2 (atleast 2 we know off) albums containing Slash and Duff are from Nov/Dec 2001 and "The Project" album from Oct/Nov 2002. Here's the MTV report with comments of them on the 2001 album:

http://www.snakepit.org/0102news.html

SLASH says he is working with Izzy to finish up the album. SLASH gave us more information on that project. He says that he, SLASH, wrote 3 of the songs and did guitar work on the whole album. Duff came in and laid down the bass. Izzy does the singing and also plays guitar. SLASH says it is just about ready to go. Izzy is not into heavy promotion, so you may not see much about it. It will be for sale on the internet. SLASH says don't think of it as the next GNR or Snakepit album...it is not in that style. As soon as we know more about sale dates, we'll let you know!

The big news tonight is the MTV interview with SLASH and Duff on their forthcoming album with Izzy. Both former Gunners go over what kind of album this is, what it means for the future of the three and what the future holds for the three together. SLASH says he talks to Izzy on the phone often and got wind of Izzy's latest new project. Somehow they got together and began to work together. SLASH says we will recognize the songs as Izzy's and like Izzy's and SLASH's. SLASH says he and Izzy wrote 5 songs; all of which still need some tweaking and background vocals. Duff laid down the bass tracks for the album. Izzy's doing lead vocals and rhythm guitar. The album has no title at this time and no scheduled release date. Late summer is the timeframe for the release with the internet being the focal point for sales. SLASH and Duff don't rule out more work together, and their fans hope so too. If you want to read the full article by Jennifer Vineyard of MTV, it appears on both the MTV and the VH-1 News. Thanks to Vicki and Skorpiogirl18 for sending this in. Really interesting!

Also see the MTV site:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1451906/20020123/story.jhtml?headlines=true

It may not be a Guns N' Roses reunion per se, but it's the closest thing to having the original lineup back together
again in quite some time ? former GN'R guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan are collaborating with fellow former
Gunner Izzy

"We got together to work on songs, and they sound like Izzy, like Izzy and Slash, so they're easy to recognize."
? Slash

Stradlin on his upcoming solo album.

It's not the first time that former GN'Rmates have joined forces since leaving the group ? McKagan played bass on
Stradlin's last two solo albums (see "Izzy Readies Second Post-GN'R Solo Effort"), and Slash has jammed over the
years with Stradlin (see "Slash: Making His Mark Without Guns") ? but the three haven't played together since the
Use Your Illusion albums in 1991, when Stradlin left the band.

"The thing with Izzy's [solo] record," Slash said, "is that I got involved with him because we talk on the phone a
lot, and he's just always doing these anonymous projects in his own quiet little fashion. It's just nice to get
together and write again.

"We got together to work on songs, and they sound like Izzy, like Izzy and Slash, so they're easy to recognize that
way," he continued. "They have a sense of humor about them, but they're loose and laid back. They're not heavy-duty, arrangement-oriented songs. They're just basic ideas that we thought were cool, so we threw it down."

Slash said that he wrote and recorded a total of five songs with Stradlin in November around the holidays, but the
songs still require about a day's worth of "fixing," as well as background vocals. Meanwhile, McKagan said that he's laid down the bass tracks for an album's worth of songs in two different sessions
in November and December at a studio in Los Angeles.

"Me and Slash are just the session guys, man," McKagan said, laughing. "I just went in and did bass tracks for the
first three songs in an hour and kept at it."

As with his previous three solo albums, Stradlin penned the bulk of the material and performs lead vocals. The LP is
currently untitled and there is no target release date other than late summer, with Internet sales being the main focus, according to his management and label, SFV Records.

Stradlin was unavailable for comment, as he is still in the studio working on the album. His camp did stress that
since the record is unfinished, there's no telling what will make the final cut.

Still, Slash and McKagan are optimistic that the sessions will see the light and could perhaps lead to more. "I'd never
rule out the idea of us three doing something with somebody singing," McKagan said. "That possibility is always there. Everything just sounds better than it ever has, but we'll see. We also realize that there's a bit of history involved, and no one wants to screw it up, not for nostalgic purposes. Only for artistic purposes.

"We wouldn't want to be that band in 'Rock Star,' or be silly," the bassist continued. "It's great to be able to afford
to say that, that we're not doing this to make a bunch of dough, and we would only give back for the right purposes.

"We're just so intertwined," McKagan added. "It's not unlike a relationship with brothers. We've lived through a lot
together, all through our 20s and early 30s. You know how a lot of people have college buddies? We're like that. We'll never not be friends. Music is a part of that, but it's beyond that. We're family."

When SLASH said the new album with Izzy and Duff would probably not be heavily promoted and just sold on the internet, we wondered where on the net the sale might happen. If it is not heavily promoted, we don't want to miss it. We have heard that it will be released through SFV Records. This is the small label that Izzy is using in the US to distribute his albums. SFV is where you can get River, Izzy's last album. You buy it right on the web site. In case you
have been looking for a copy, here's where it's sold: -Link to SFV records doesn't work anymore-

That 2nd album with "The Project" was recorded during the same time Kelly Shaefer did his audition for VR. Slash said Izzy sang the songs and according to him it was probably the best instrumental GN'R ever.. The album was recorded in a professional recording studio down the block from their rehearsel space.

In January 2006 we asked Izzy if some of those unreleased projects (also some solo albums, one complete acoustic from 2001) ever gonna see the daylight. He said that he's looking for a cool label where he'd put his latest solo album (2005) out along with some bonusmaterial and outtakes. He also had plans to release his entire solo catalogue on that label. Problem is that labels usually aren't that interested in people who spend 0 time doing promo and don't tour much (or at all) which is the thing that generates most of the income. Izzy ain't interested in the whole business thing, it puts him off. He just wants to simply write and record songs and put out an album. Once that's done he's moving on to new things again. There is tons of material, albums or projects that are biting dust in Izzy's basement.
ryba
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 09:45:01 AM »

Thank you for all the info. Smiley

peace powertabs.net: G'N'R, Snakepit, Duff, Gilby and VR power tabs. Check'em out (and contribute) Smiley!
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 03:12:30 PM »

For those who haven't got it and wonder how it sounds, here you can preview (and buy) all the tracks Smiley

http://www.mp3stor.com/albums/73/125/59785/izzy_stradlin/like_a_dog/

Same goes for his other albums:

http://www.mp3stor.com/albums/73/125/
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »

like a dog is on i-tunes now aswell isn't it?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 02:59:56 PM »

Yeah it is Smiley

http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/music.html -> Type "Izzy Stradlin" in the searchbox left below of the screen.

Available are:
Ride On
River
On Down The Road (Excluding the two covers "Please Go Home" and "Gone Dead Train" cause of legal stuff)
Like A Dog

& a Hollywood Rose track called  "Killing Time" and a track with West Arkeen's The Outpatience called "Wound Up In A Vega".
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 12:01:47 PM »

you should get river too! i bought like a dog on itunes

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Ilikestraweberries
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »

can I still get the cd' in  my hands? Like..not only on iTunes?
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »

Yeah ofcourse! Smiley

www.scootersteez.com you can order it there via PayPal or send 20 USD in a envelope (well hidden in a cart with your address!) to Scooter's place. It contains everything except artwork cause they're promo copies, but the artwork can be downloaded in the right format at the same site or beenafix.com main page. For 20 USD it will be delivered on your doorstep. Delivery time varies from two weeks to four weeks.. you can also e-mail them for a status or confirmation etc.
There are still plenty of copies left and when they're running out Izzy said he'd press some more..
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 02:27:31 AM »

I love Izzy songs! "Rolling on" is so fucking simple and so fucking good.
"I am rolling on cause I can't go back"... Izzy says it all in one sentence!
I think Izzy is as good as Dee Dee Ramone as far as songwriting genius.

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 11:34:52 PM »

For those who haven't got it and wonder how it sounds, here you can preview (and buy) all the tracks Smiley

http://www.mp3stor.com/albums/73/125/59785/izzy_stradlin/like_a_dog/

Same goes for his other albums:

http://www.mp3stor.com/albums/73/125/

IzzyDutch,

Why are the albums so cheap on this site ? When it says, "order this album for $2.58", besides tax, is that really it ?

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 02:24:06 AM »

^ Yeah that's it, because they're ripping of Izzy and other artists I think..
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 06:51:48 AM »

Thanks IzzyDutch,

You do very well keeping up w/ this thread.? ? ok

That is really cheap, guess I shouldn't complain.

How much are they going for on Itunes (per cd) ? I've never personally used it. I tried typing in " Iz Str " on the bottom of the page search but I kept getting "nothing matched my search criteria", or something like that.

Thanx again.

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »

^ You have to type the full name 'izzy stradlin' in the iTunes screen Smiley

And each song there costs 99 dollarcents I believe.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 07:58:52 AM »

^ You have to type the full name 'izzy stradlin' in the iTunes screen Smiley

And each song there costs 99 dollarcents I believe.

No..No. I typed the full name in. I just abbreviated it in my prior post to you cos I didn/t feel like typin all of it in.    hihi

But anyway, thanx for all the info. I'm assuming the w-site that offers the album's for a couple bucks is reputable?

Lastly, which album would you recommend first. I already have Ju-Ju Hounds.
Thanx again, IzzyDutch.

/bringbackadler

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 09:53:23 AM »

I think that Russian site is not a scammer no.. Smiley

About which album to get first, they're all good and a little different.. most people on the Izzy board all have different favorites. Personally I like them all but my favorite is 117 degrees and least favorite is River. The albums post JJH are all different then the JJH album, the sound is more Izzy and less Rolling Stones I'd say.

Here's a description of the album sound, but you can hear the first 30 seconds of all of Izzy's albums on that link there

Ju Ju Hounds - Very Stones / Faces sounding with several acoustics.

117 degrees - Different sound, more 'up to date' and southern rock raw sounding. This one has the most variety of songs, from blues / acoustics / rockabilly / surfrock / country / hardrock it's all there.

Ride On - In terms of sound in the same vain as 117 degrees only more faster and more raw, it's got less variety and is the most aggressive sounding Izzy album after Like A Dog. There's a song called Highway Zero which is like the sequel of Dust N' Bones and there's a song called Spazed which sounds much like Aerosmith's Spaced.

River - This one is real bassy, sounds much like the Faces a la the "Maggie May' feeling. It's got some acoustics and two reggae songs.

On Down The Road - This one is the most Stonesy sounding of all without the Faces sound aswell like the JJH, it's still quite raw and it's got several acoustics including the awesome balled 'Sweet Carress'. It's got two covers, the Stones' Please Go Home and Gone Dead Train from Crazy Horse and also played by Randy Newman.

Like A Dog - Only one ballad, Chop Away, the rest is all fast paces hardrock stuff, no acoustics. This album is the only one who really comes close to the GN'R stuff, it's got the most aggressive sounding Izzy songs to date.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:57:38 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 01:32:14 PM »

Wow, thanx. Much more info than I expected, but really appreciate it.

You seem like you know alot about Izzy, and his music, so 117 degrees first it is. But, with the low cost of these, I'll probably get 117 tonight and hopefully have the rest by the end of the long weekend.   yes

O' one last thing. I should not have any trouble putting these songs from my computer to disc, right?

I promise, that's the last question. I really appreciate all the help though.    ok

/bringbackadler

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 02:13:18 PM »

^ I'm an Izzy fan Wink

The files are in mp3 so it shouldn't be a problem no Smiley
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 07:23:07 PM »

^ I'm an Izzy fan Wink

The files are in mp3 so it shouldn't be a problem no Smiley

I'm a big Izzy fan too.

He was definitely the most underrated Gun, IMO.

Thanx again.

/bringbackadler
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 11:47:10 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: