Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:57:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Ex-Guns N' Roses drummer seeks rehab, and his old job
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ex-Guns N' Roses drummer seeks rehab, and his old job  (Read 15598 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 14, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »

Ex-Guns N'Roses drummer seeks rehab, and his old job

Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:41pm EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler pleaded no contest on Friday to a heroin possession charge in the hopes of avoiding jail time by entering a treatment program, officials said.

Adler, 43, who was fired from the band over drug problems in 1990, also hopes to reunite with his old bandmates, said his attorney, Barry Gerald Sands.

"When he gets sober they'll accept him into the band and then they'll do a comeback album and a world tour, that's the dream of Steven Adler," Sands told Reuters, after an upbeat Adler entered his plea in Los Angeles Superior Court.

A representative from Guns N' Roses could not immediately be reached for comment.

Guns N' Roses on November 23 will release the long awaited album "Chinese Democracy," a project lead singer Axl Rose has shepherded through a revolving cast of musicians for years.

Adler is scheduled to appear in court on December 12 to determine if he is eligible for drug treatment instead of jail.

If Adler enters drug treatment, his misdemeanor charge of being under the influence of a controlled substance will be dismissed, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office said.

Adler was arrested in Los Angeles on July 18, after someone called police to report he was causing a disturbance.

He appeared this year on the reality television show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" during an earlier attempt to get off drugs.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE4AE05X20081115

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 06:14:12 AM »

Ex-Guns N'Roses drummer seeks rehab, and his old job

"When he gets sober they'll accept him into the band and then they'll do a comeback album and a world tour, that's the dream of Steven Adler,"

Now that's funny, it's been 18 years and this crackhead still keeps dreaming hihi

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »

^that's just so fucking sad
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »

It would be better if he cleaned up and stopped holding on to the past, then i could see him working with at least Slash in some capacity, all the other members of the original line up don't dwell on the past so i don't see them wanting to work with a person dwelling on their past.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »

It would be better if he cleaned up and stopped holding on to the past, then i could see him working with at least Slash in some capacity, all the other members of the original line up don't dwell on the past so i don't see them wanting to work with a person dwelling on their past.

Its sad, its all the guy has.  In his prime he was a fantastic drummer.
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »

"When he gets sober they'll accept him into the band and then they'll do a comeback album and a world tour, that's the dream of Steven Adler," Sands told Reuters, after an upbeat Adler entered his plea in Los Angeles Superior Court.

This had me  rofl rofl rofl.... delusional, much?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »

Steven really really needs to let go of his past.    He can't live his life based on being drummer in GnR for a few years.    He isn't going to fix himself until he moves on.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 08:33:23 PM »

Dude was one of the best and most underrated drummers of all time.

The shit he did on AFD, I haven't heard too many outdo that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 08:36:35 PM »

I agree, he really was an outstanding drummer.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »

Steven gets a lot of flack because if u look at old videos, he seems like an 80's dude. The rest of the band don't but Steven really fits that hair metal type of stigma.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 03:19:39 AM »

Steven gets a lot of flack because if u look at old videos, he seems like an 80's dude. The rest of the band don't but Steven really fits that hair metal type of stigma.

Well, he is an 80's dude!   Remains that way!  Which is interesting.  I've been watching this show, for the first time ever, just because Adler's on it. (other than that, I look at it as just another campy reality show with third rate celebrities - never watched it before because of that, but hey - Adler's there - so I watch it  Roll Eyes  - but I do).   

In one way, I have a new respect for the man, because I see him for who he is.  He seems like a very caring and real person.  Never saw that aspect of him before.  I like him better, for what I've seen.  However, I just want to say - the man needs help.  He's been blaming his problems on his mother kicking him out to the streets when he was 11.  Hmmm....at this point, without knowing anything else...I'm not so sure about that.   I think there's more to that story than what "meets the eye", so to speak. 

I'm sure that some of his angst stems from that.  However, I think a lot of his angst comes from his being "outed" from GnR, which Dr. Drew hasn't even touched on yet.  Not to trivialize things, but I think that's his main issue for why he is like he is.

Bottom line, no matter what and God love him...he's like a kid!         
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 05:05:00 AM »

Dude was one of the best and most underrated drummers of all time.

The shit he did on AFD, I haven't heard too many outdo that.

you're right, he was one of the best, but he pissed it away.

what kind of person clings on to 20 years ago?

Can you imagine what your life would be like if you lived it based on the hope of re-living what happened 20 years ago?   
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 05:07:45 AM »

I'm sure that some of his angst stems from that.  However, I think a lot of his angst comes from his being "outed" from GnR, which Dr. Drew hasn't even touched on yet.

He shouldn't have to get into that.   Everyone has moved on from 1990.   He needs to focus on 2008 and not killing himself.    He knows why he was kicked out of the band, and dwelling on it and continuing to let it consume your life will only make things worse.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 05:14:51 AM »

This had me  rofl rofl rofl.... delusional, much?

seriously.  rofl   He must be really bad on drugs still. 

GnR has TWO drummers available who are both far superior.    We don't need a third.    Even if he was sober, why would Axl take him back?   
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 02:45:04 PM »

I watched that Celebrity Rehab because I was curious, and man is this guy a joke.  Even if he does get clean and stays clean.... his brain is fried to the point he will always be a professional liablity and a circus act  and it would be insane if Axl or any former gunner would ever have anything to do with him on a grand scale.  It is like his addiction stopped his maturation process in 1988 and he still acts like a 20 year old.  No reunion buddy, start a band with Gary Busey instead.

Not to mention he did not even write a lick of the classic guns material, which probably contributes to his inablity to move on.  Slash, Duff, and Izzy are all accomplished songwriters, and can start new bands or solo projects.  If you are a member who contributes only from a performance standpoint, you'd better have a reputation of being professional (sorum, bumblefoot, fortus), or no one is going to want anything to do with you.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:54:16 PM by JuicySwoos » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
wadey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 03:43:40 PM »

shame he cant pull himself together...........i met him in 2005 and seemed to be getting back on course, he was touring and doing quite well at the time.
get well soon mate  Smiley

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 08:23:04 PM »

that seems too much like a fantasy. but Im sure it's a good way to make the judge be more sympathetic and have hope that he might actually sober up. I really don't hope Steve himself is actually hoping for thihs.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 08:27:48 PM »

Don't let Popcorn hear CD

IF he does, he will know that its never gonna happen.

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 09:15:52 AM »

Well maybe it'll get his hopes up, since CD sucks Tongue

I'm getting the impression after reading other non-GN'R related messageboards and Dutch national newspapers and sites that CD isn't that well recieved.

I only like a few songs, Scraped, Catcher, TWAT and Rhiad. But probably not enough to be still listening to those songs in a month from now. Imo the songs are overproduced, too much unneccisary lines that take away from the songs's base and makes the songs a drag to listen too. Vocals are good, but the backing band sounds soulless to me. Also there are way to many soppy same-old ballads and to few rockers.

However VR's two albums didn't impress me hugely either, so I'll just keep listening to Izzy's stuff and Duff's Loaded which I like aswell. ok
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 09:30:14 AM »

Well maybe it'll get his hopes up, since CD sucks Tongue

I'm getting the impression after reading other non-GN'R related messageboards and Dutch national newspapers and sites that CD isn't that well recieved.

Well your wrong. It's getting rave reviews across the globe, just read the review thread on the main board. This thing is being heralded as the greatest album of the last 10 years.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: