Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Muse
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Muse  (Read 21253 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2007, 02:06:27 PM »

Muse are set to break in the new Wembley Stadium this weekend (June 16-17)? yes

Is there anybody here who will be attending?

Cheers,
W.R.

Well i hate to say but George Micheal snuck in the back door last Saturday and already did that, but i will be there on the Sunday and im looking forward to it, what im hoping to miss is My Chemical Romance because if i see anybody dancing to them i will get rather annoyed (you know who you are)

Fucking Black Parade indeed,
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2007, 08:05:27 PM »

Muse are set to break in the new Wembley Stadium this weekend (June 16-17)? yes

Is there anybody here who will be attending?

Cheers,
W.R.

Well i hate to say but George Micheal snuck in the back door last Saturday and already did that, but i will be there on the Sunday and im looking forward to it, what im hoping to miss is My Chemical Romance because if i see anybody dancing to them i will get rather annoyed (you know who you are)

Fucking Black Parade indeed,

I've seen Muse on a number of occasions and they always put on an excellent show. However, I get the feeling you're in for an extra special treat on Sunday.?

Have a wonderful time,
W.R.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2007, 08:31:38 PM »

I saw them open a show for Depeche Mode last year.

What a great opening act they were. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2007, 04:17:15 AM »

And what an amazing headlining act they are as well, crowd was intense. They played for just over 2 hours, all of the hits were done. They played my favorite song 2nd from last Stockholm Syndrome which sounded amazing. Only 2 complaints 1) MCR suck big time, i officially really really hate this fucking band. 2) the organisation of getting cars out the venue is shit over 1 hour to leave.     
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2007, 06:07:45 AM »

Wonderful show indeed. Funny crowd too: you could see big guys on Iron Maiden t-shirts next to little girls all dressed up like if they were clubbing. My ears are still ringing, but not from the show, from the screaming girl standing next to me. Fuck! Those lungs...? nervous

The new Wembley is really impressive, you feel so small in there... I was thinking to myself how great a GNR show in there would be... But they really need to do something about the transport problem: Public transport is awful and it took us an hour to get the car out...

Oh, and having to endure the whole MCR set was really a torture...

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2007, 07:24:27 AM »

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j121/anythinggoes_album/

sorry no pictures of MCR i couldnt bring myself to point the camera at them, a gun yes a camera no.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2007, 07:27:08 AM »

it sucks you guys had to sit through MCR, and it sucks they are amoung the first bands to play there, music should be better these days...

html sucks
anythinggoes
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2007, 07:31:16 AM »

it sucks you guys had to sit through MCR, and it sucks they are amoung the first bands to play there, music should be better these days...

Well it was them or the Streets

I dont know who would of been worse to be honest, as i seem to remember The streets are a bit more rocky when they play live
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2007, 07:40:41 AM »

I dont know who would of been worse to be honest, as i seem to remember The streets are a bit more rocky when they play live

well, to see a chav of a frontman just talk for a few hours with "music" behind him isnt the best lol

html sucks
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2007, 08:30:01 AM »

well, to see a chav of a frontman just talk for a few hours with "music" behind him isnt the best lol

God, I hate that guy...? nervous

Anyway, here's a review form the Evening Standard:

Best live band find their Muse at new Wembley

By Andr? Paine, Evening Standard? 18.06.07 More reviews by Andr? Paine? ?

After initially being derided as Radiohead copyists several years ago, the West Country trio Muse are now routinely described as Britain's best live band.

The old Wembley's inferior acoustics might have tested that reputation, and some George Michael fans complained about the new venue last week.

But Muse's brainy heavy metal and prog-pop was effectively realised in a spectacular 68,000-capacity performance last night.

The first half of Muse's second Wembley show was mildly disappointing, though, not least because an 8pm start meant it was staged in daylight for an hour. That almost killed the atmosphere, as did the announcement that, despite the early finish, we could expect travel chaos on the way home anyway with the closure of the Metropolitan line.

Amid a storm of glitter and cheers, Muse emerged into the middle of the crowd and made their way awkwardly across a walkway to the stage.

They opened with Knights of Cydonia, a combination of spaghetti western music, futuristic electro-rock and end of days imagery.

While it sounded impressive, their stiffness on that walkway seemed to linger in their performance - although at least singer Matt Bellamy's bright red suit meant he was always visible.

Several songs in, though, there was a palpable excitement when Bellamy played the opening notes to their familiar cover of Nina Simone's Feeling Good on his glass-topped piano. "It's a great pleasure to be playing in this beautiful new venue," he said, and the band started to loosen up.

By Invincible - a stadium rock moment equal to U2 - they were hitting their stride.

The stage, sandwiched by giant screens, came to life during the superb Starlight, with a shower of sparks and massive, swivelling satellite dishes that trained spotlights on the audience.

But they topped that with a pair of acrobats attached to huge white balloons that drifted over the audience during Blackout.

Incredibly, the acrobats were able to rotate in midair and descend to within several feet of the crowd.

"You're sensational," Bellamy told the fans, who moshed heartily during Plug In Baby. And for an hour at least, so was he.

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2007, 10:38:59 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKrr343OvCY

Just for you Graciela so you can listen to the girl who sounds like she was being attcked
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2007, 11:50:56 AM »

They played my favorite song 2nd from last Stockholm Syndrome which sounded amazing.

I like that one. I remember hearing it in Stockholm....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2009, 10:14:40 AM »

New CD is out "The Resistance".

Muse gets better and better with each album. This one is bigger and better than BHAR.

With this album Muse will probably get the grammy next year for best rock album (although I wish they gave it to GNR). Album opens with "Uprising" (single) but "undisclosed desires", "guiding light" and "unnatural selection" are the best tunes for me.

I'll be cacthing them live in Madrid in late november. I've heard they are an amazing live act.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »

The Resistance is a fantastic album (as always from Muse - they're one of the best bands in the world right now).  My favourites are MK Ultra, and the three-part symphony, Exogenesis.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »

anyone a fan of these guys? been awhile since anyone posted in here. seeing them in Philly/NYC/Boston in March. can't wait!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2010, 05:47:32 PM »

Love 'em. Saw them in November, kicked asses hardly!
The stage setup was just phenomenal

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »

kicked so much ass last night in Philly. one of the best (if not the best) concerts I've ever been to.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2010, 03:27:05 AM »

even thought you were all the way in the back  Shocked
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 08:48:55 AM »

I know, I can't imagine if I was in the pit...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »

even thought you were all the way in the back  Shocked
I was too. I was ticked that I couldn't see Silversun Pickups (at least they had those projectors on Muse's columns at least, so you could see the band members at least), but oh well. I was dazzled by their stage set up, but as a live band they didn't impress me too much. There was a lot of chemistry between the members, and it just seemed very rehearsed. At least they sounded spot on, though.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: