Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1567114 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6040 on: February 13, 2017, 11:42:03 AM »

Yeah, they are making a killing.  That's for sure.

True "fuck you" money, at this point.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6041 on: February 13, 2017, 12:21:43 PM »

Yeah, they are making a killing.  That's for sure.

True "fuck you" money, at this point.

I may sound like an idiot saying this, but I think hearing new GNR music any time "soon" depends 99.999% on Axl being moved by the spirit to make it happen.  Them being a position where they don't *need* to do anything once this tour wraps puts them in a weird place in my opinion.  If there's no deal in place, or desire to do so, I think we may have seen the last of "new" Guns N' Roses the day Chinese Democracy came out.  Undecided

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6042 on: February 13, 2017, 12:55:52 PM »

What's frustrating is the people that can't tell you fast enough about reports that he's sitting on all this material and comments that he does in tend to release it, they all get sudden laryngitis when you want to talk about his track record in doing any of that.

He says he has all this stuff.  He says he wants to get it out there.  The latest is that talk he's played it for SLash and Duff and they liked it.

Super.  Where is any evidence this has or will ever happen?

Because, guess what?  I'm going ot break some news here today.  I'm sitting on a bunch of stuff, my own self.  I also intend to release it.  I've also played it for Slash and Duff, and they liked it.

Oh, I'm full of shit?  Why?  Oh...because there is nothing to back any of that up except my happy talk?

Imagine that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6043 on: February 13, 2017, 01:23:36 PM »

I will make the assumption that nobody will hear anything about the future of GNR until after this next summer tour because at that point they will have toured the world. It's apparent that Axl will only do interviews with outside the U.S. media as that has been the case the last couple times and maybe its just easier for him to get less scrutinized by American Media because they all dissect his answers and if the answers aren't clear and concise people will make up their own minds as to the future of GNR. Let's just wait and see what happens.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6044 on: February 13, 2017, 01:38:22 PM »

What's frustrating is the people that can't tell you fast enough about reports that he's sitting on all this material and comments that he does in tend to release it, they all get sudden laryngitis when you want to talk about his track record in doing any of that.

He says he has all this stuff.  He says he wants to get it out there.  The latest is that talk he's played it for SLash and Duff and they liked it.

Because, guess what?  I'm going ot break some news here today.  I'm sitting on a bunch of stuff, my own self.  I also intend to release it.  I've also played it for Slash and Duff, and they liked it.

Oh, I'm full of shit?  Why?  Oh...because there is nothing to back any of that up except my happy talk?

Imagine that.

At this point, I'm of the mind that talking about whatever else is in the can, or how great it all is, a new album simply does not make.

I've heard Richard, Tommy, Brain and The Man himself talk up all the unreleased stuff post Chinese Democracy, and endured them saying time and time again that the stuffs just "too good" to not see the light of day eventually.  It's easy to get excited in the moment and think, well shit, if that's great how does Axl not put it out soon? Well, he figured it out.  He's got this incredible gift for writing and recording killer tracks that he has no real intention releasing.  Or if he does, is so wildly apathetic about taking the steps to put out said album that the wheels never truly start to turn.  Ever.

Now, in 2017, my pie in the sky wish is that the presence of Slash & Duff convince him to finish (whatever that means) the album, perhaps record a couple new ones, and put it out.  It seems like a no brainer while they're fresh in everyone's mind to do this ASAP.  My big concern is that striking while the iron's hot (2002 & 2006) has always been this incredible challenge for Axl.  Once the dust settles from the reunion, and time does what it always does, I fear that lull will be met with more of that same apathy. 

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6045 on: February 13, 2017, 01:49:52 PM »

I will make the assumption that nobody will hear anything about the future of GNR until after this next summer tour because at that point they will have toured the world. It's apparent that Axl will only do interviews with outside the U.S. media as that has been the case the last couple times and maybe its just easier for him to get less scrutinized by American Media because they all dissect his answers and if the answers aren't clear and concise people will make up their own minds as to the future of GNR. Let's just wait and see what happens.

He could always give clearer answers instead of meadering run on sentences that leave everything open to interpretation.  I know...crazy talk.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6046 on: February 13, 2017, 01:51:37 PM »

Now, in 2017, my pie in the sky wish is that the presence of Slash & Duff convince him to finish (whatever that means) the album, perhaps record a couple new ones, and put it out.  It seems like a no brainer while they're fresh in everyone's mind to do this ASAP.  My big concern is that striking while the iron's hot (2002 & 2006) has always been this incredible challenge for Axl.  Once the dust settles from the reunion, and time does what it always does, I fear that lull will be met with more of that same apathy. 

As do I.  Followed by, perhaps, another tour in 2019-20.  And I'll be right there with my ticket money.

Might even be some more vague talk about "taking a look at everything" in regards to new material.  I'll roll my eyes then, the same way I do now.  But will still have my ticket money.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6047 on: February 13, 2017, 01:57:06 PM »

As do I.  Followed by, perhaps, another tour in 2019-20.  And I'll be right there with my ticket money.

Might even be some more vague talk about "taking a look at everything" in regards to new material.  I'll roll my eyes then, the same way I do now.  But will still have my ticket money.

Same here hihi

The difference now being, of course, that you're seeing the actual players who crafted your favorite songs.  If he was still going out there with Bumblefoot & Ashba it'd be a bit more unforgivable methinks.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6048 on: February 13, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »

The difference now being, of course, that you're seeing the actual players who crafted your favorite songs.  If he was still going out there with Bumblefoot & Ashba it'd be a bit more unforgivable methinks.

Oh, big time.  You'll never get me back for Axl & Whoever The Fuck as "Guns N' Roses".

I don't even know how much I want new material, if I can be brutally honest.  Let's face it, as others have already pointed out, we aren't buying tickets to hear that new jam they are all excited about.  We are buying them for classic GNR material played by guys that actually created it.

Would love a new album, be there the first day.  But I'm not broken hearted if it never comes.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6049 on: February 13, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Oh, big time.  You'll never get me back for Axl & Whoever The Fuck as "Guns N' Roses".

I don't even know how much I want new material, if I can be brutally honest.  Let's face it, as others have already pointed out, we aren't buying tickets to hear that new jam they are all excited about.  We are buying them for classic GNR material played by guys that actually created it.

Would love a new album, be there the first day.  But I'm not broken hearted if it never comes.

Totally, and if they reunited in 2005 or 2006, things might've been different in terms of the public's desire to hear new Guns N' Roses music live but today it's about reliving or for the younger folks experiencing a moment in time when that music ruled the world. And that's fine.  It's entertainment and it works...very well.  "Nostalgia Act" is an overused term lately, but it's not exactly a bad thing if that's what you're fine selling to the masses.  That's why I laughed aloud when Kirk Hammet chucked that at GNR.  Because, you know, people at Metallica shows this summer are going to get really nervous if half-way through the set they haven't heard Moth To Flame yet.  Roll Eyes

For me, personally, I'm itching for a new album because I'm a true fan of Axl, Slash & Duff and know the moment I hit Play on a hypothetical new album I will be moved by what I hear. I'll quietly bang my head to the rockers, and think of past girl friends during the ballads.  It's sort of a timeless gift to true fans, who aren't just in it for Paradise City and Jungle now and forever, as much as we love those songs.  The thought of more songs like that just collecting dust because he just hasn't felt like putting em out or finishing them yet is kind of insulting.  Having Slash back and the assumed support of the industry make it even moreso.  Again, that's just me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6050 on: February 13, 2017, 02:21:35 PM »

Also, a new Axl/Slash/Duff song is getting radio airplay.  Regardless of how good, bad, or indifferent it is.

So it at least has a chance to be at least well enough known to make a setlist.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6051 on: February 13, 2017, 02:28:26 PM »

Also, a new Axl/Slash/Duff song is getting radio airplay.  Regardless of how good, bad, or indifferent it is.

I have to think it does well, should Slash & Duff be on it.  For now anyway. Tick tock tick tock...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6052 on: February 13, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »

I have to think it does well, should Slash & Duff be on it.  For now anyway. Tick tock tick tock...

DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6053 on: February 13, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »

He could always give clearer answers instead of meadering run on sentences that leave everything open to interpretation.  I know...crazy talk.

I totally agree.

I cant stand reading about people ""reading to much into Axls comments"  When they are pretty much like reading a fortune cookie.   Some direct to the point answers would be great

But

Also would be some follow up questions

If and when Axl ever does another interview again, it would be nice for the person giving the interview to ask some follow up questions.   For example If Axl says something like "we are going to take a long look at that"  The interviewer could say, you have been saying that for years.  What more do you need to look at.   When you hear a rambling answer to something the interviewer could ask, what did you just say and what does it mean actually.

But I would bet on, never seeing or hearing a interview again with any substance at all
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6054 on: February 13, 2017, 03:34:53 PM »

Same here hihi

So of these players had nothing at all to do with crafting some of my fav songs though.

Frank, Mellissa, Richard and even Dizzy had NOTHING to do with most of the guns songs I grew up listening to

Slash and Duff had NOTHING to do with a couple of good CD era songs that I like.

The difference now is we once again have a make shift band that has shown zero interest in producing its own music.  I would love to hear something new from this current line up.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6055 on: February 13, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »

A new song just with the NAME GNR is getting air play.  A Song featuring slash and duff may actually sell well though

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6056 on: February 13, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »

A new song just with the NAME GNR is getting air play.  A Song featuring slash and duff may actually sell well though

Never heard one CD song on the radio, ever. 

Heard 'Oh My God' once, literally...once.  The week it came out.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6057 on: February 13, 2017, 04:21:23 PM »

I could be (probably am) totally wrong about this but as I've stated before IMO, Axl has and is going to bring new (or un-vaulted) material directly to the fans.  I think Axl is already teasing us with whatever will be the new single in a commercial or movie or video game, etc.

Evidence??  I think it's the music played AFTER Looney Tunes (and now before McBob).  Way-back-when, it was the intro to Better.  I remember this because it always sounded to me like the shark music in Jaws and that's how - from the start of this rejoining tour - I was able to "name that tune in 5 notes or less".

So keep your eyes n' ears open around sheep with motorcycles.  (notice Axl's been wearing his Harley tee too!  Coincidence?  I think NOT)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6058 on: February 13, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »

Oh My God, got played lots up here when it first came out.  The first month or so, havnt heard it since

CD still gets regular air play up here, only song I have ever heard from the album on regular radio.  But, its in regular guns rotation
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6059 on: February 13, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »

I heard the track "Chinese Democracy" the day the album came out. They had a few DJ's talking about it too...but I've never heard any other track after. Not even Better or The Blues.

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: