Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Terrorists attack in Madrid - March 11, 2004
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terrorists attack in Madrid - March 11, 2004  (Read 27536 times)
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2006, 10:56:45 AM »

Yeeeaahhh, maybe it should be locked.  I'll see if my powers are working...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2006, 11:03:58 AM »

This has nothing to do with George W Bush or American politics.

It's about remembering something that happened two years ago today.

The same guy who started a political thread about US presidents asks for this to be locked.  Roll Eyes

We know the motives behind the attacks and we're not gonna discuss them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2006, 08:41:35 PM »

The same guy who started a political thread about US presidents asks for this to be locked.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo
Jarmo, in all honesty, I think the US presidents thread wasn't really that bad. I see why you locked it, it did fall under your rule, but you could have seen what direction it took before locking it. It was more just an assessment of the presidents, and how their presidencies rate. I dont think it would have turned into the old Bush/war threads like before, because that wasnt really the topic at hand. Although I could see the potential for it to turn ugly, because it was already on the verge of having an argument/discussion over Reagan's impact on the cold war. Have you seen the Bush Ipod thread? That has some major potential to get ugly, if certain posters start posting in the thread.

On topic: My condolences to our European friends that suffered during that horrific attack, and my prayers go out to the victims families, and to friends of those that perished. We might all have our differences because we are from different parts of the world, but in tragic times, we stand together as one up against the face of evil.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2006, 11:24:47 PM »

This topic is political and should be locked.
I have just been made aware of your Dec. 2005 policy banning political discussions.
The rules need to be followed.
Anyone who knows anything about terrorism knows that it is an inherently political act with political goals.
Lock the thread.

There's nothing political abt remembering the 200 people who were killed in the attack. Get a grip.

The grip is firm. They were  killed for political reasons. Obviously you don't know: because Spain supported the US in the war in Iraq. Which is political. So shut the fuck up.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2006, 11:26:31 PM »

This has nothing to do with George W Bush or American politics.

It's about remembering something that happened two years ago today.

The same guy who started a political thread about US presidents asks for this to be locked.? Roll Eyes

We know the motives behind the attacks and we're not gonna discuss them.

/jarmo

As a professional political scientist, you are wrong.
They pay me to do this shit, so I think I know? what? I am talking about.
 peace

BTW: Publication record? of 11 books, 60+ peer reviewed? articles in professional journals, 20+ book chapters, and 40+ conference papers on political topics. So don't tell me what you think you know.

When you have a university press book that wins an award from an academic organization for best book in a subject, then we will talk. Otherwise..... hihi

Oh, and BTW, how many times has the CIA asked you to consult  with  them for professional advice on world  affairs? For me, only 3 times in 2005, which is  less than what I  did for  them in 2004. 2006 is looking to be quite busy for me at Langely, so really, don't lecture to me about politics.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 12:00:04 AM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2006, 11:46:49 PM »

You know, a request  was made to apply the rules of this site equally and fairly to all: no political topics per the posting from December 2005 by Jarmo.  terrorism is political. It  was not my decision. It is just a fact.

My request was  met  with an irrelevant  attack by the chief moderator (aka God, tyrant, dictator) of this site. The implication is clear: he reserves  the right to apply the rules arbitrarily and capriously without  any regard to fairness  or integrity. You be the judge.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2006, 12:01:06 AM »

The grip is firm. They were  killed for political reasons. Obviously you don't know: because Spain supported the US in the war in Iraq. Which is political. So shut the fuck up.

Obviously, u r a stupid insensitive prick since u didn't understand what I said. Those people may have been killed by a political event, but marking the anniversary of a bombing is not to remind people why it took place, but to express solidarity and extend support to the families of the people that lost their lives.

If u have nothing good to post other than whining about ur threads getting locked, then don't.

Fuck 'Em All.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2006, 12:14:59 AM »

The grip is firm. They were? killed for political reasons. Obviously you don't know: because Spain supported the US in the war in Iraq. Which is political. So shut the fuck up.

Obviously, u r a stupid insensitive prick since u didn't understand what I said. Those people may have been killed by a political event, but marking the anniversary of a bombing is not to remind people why it took place, but to express solidarity and extend support to the families of the people that lost their lives.

If u have nothing good to post other than whining about ur threads getting locked, then don't.

Shocked
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2006, 12:23:02 AM »

The grip is firm. They were? killed for political reasons. Obviously you don't know: because Spain supported the US in the war in Iraq. Which is political. So shut the fuck up.

I will refrain from name calling since  it only demeans the sender. But let me ask you this:
where is the tribute/remebrance of the Pakistani families  who died in the US bombing of a  defenseless  village  recently? And  where  is the rembrance for the hundreds of thousands of  innocent Iraqi  families  that  have  suffered as a consequence of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq by the US? Or do  they not count because their  skin is not  white? And Jarmo has the gall to infer that this thread is not political.....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2006, 12:30:07 AM »

where is the tribute/remebrance of the Pakistani families  who died in the US bombing of a  defenseless  village  recently? And  where  is the rembrance for the hundreds of thousands of  innocent Iraqi  families  that  have  suffered as a consequence of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq by the US?

Why don't u start those threads? They're not going to get locked.
On the same note, why are u so adamant to get this thread locked?

Fuck 'Em All.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2006, 12:33:59 AM »

where is the tribute/remebrance of the Pakistani families? who died in the US bombing of a? defenseless? village? recently? And? where? is the rembrance for the hundreds of thousands of? innocent Iraqi? families? that? have? suffered as a consequence of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq by the US?

Why don't u start those threads? They're not going to get locked.
On the same note, why are u so adamant to get this thread locked?

Wrong again. Those topics are  political and will be locked. Just as this thread is and should be  locked, according to the rules. Rules are rules and should be  applied equally or not at all. That  is called the rule of law which is a basic  foundation of all democracies. If not, then it  is not a democracy, and frankly, the way this site is run, it is more like  a tyrantical dictatorship than a democracy, which I attribute to the extremely cold weather in Finland or wherever  Jarmo is from. rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2006, 05:44:11 AM »

I will refrain from name calling since? it only demeans the sender.

Sure you do:

My request was met with an irrelevant attack by the chief moderator (aka God, tyrant, dictator) of this site.

Look, nobody's gonna take your bait so stop trying.

I already explained to you why this is open now get over it.

You can take your university papers and brag about them all you want. Good for you, but it doesn't change the fact that you're acting like a brat in this thread.

Anybody who wishes to express their condolences to the ones who were affected by this act of terror can do so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2006, 05:52:15 AM »

You know, a request? was made to apply the rules of this site equally and fairly to all: no political topics per the posting from December 2005 by Jarmo.? terrorism is political. It? was not my decision. It is just a fact.

The point of bumping this thread was to remember those who died two years ago. Full stop. You are the one trying to make this thread a political one. Luckily nobody is taking any notice. If this thread turns into a political fight I would be the first one to ask for it to be locked. I too have my own political views on why this happened, but I'm not expressing them here now, firstly because we already talked enough about it, and secondly because I don't wanna start another pointless argument.

Finally I would ask you nicely to show some respect for those who died and their families and stay away from this thread.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 07:29:01 AM by Graciela » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2006, 06:31:39 AM »

see what's going on now jarmo .... told ya Wink

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2006, 10:46:22 PM »

Sure you do:

My request was met with an irrelevant attack by the chief moderator (aka God, tyrant, dictator) of this site.

You can take your university papers and brag about them all you want. Good for you, but it doesn't change the fact that you're acting like a brat in this thread.

Anybody who wishes to express their condolences to the ones who were affected by this act of terror can do so.

/jarmo

Sigh, "singers." (shakes his head). Roll Eyes
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2006, 11:01:43 PM »

Sure you do:

/jarmo

Sigh, "singers." (shakes his head). Roll Eyes

And it's "may" do so. rofl
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2006, 11:20:03 PM »

/jarmo

It's only bragging if you have not done it (as in, "I could? do this or that.") If you have done it, it is called? reporting the facts. There? is a difference.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:33:15 PM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2006, 11:37:44 PM »

Finally I would ask you nicely to show some respect for those who died and their families and stay away from this thread.

So I assume that  includes the families in Palestine, Afghanistan, and Iraq? Yes  or no? White people from Europe are  not the only ones dying. And God Bless the brave  US soldiers  whom GB sent off to war to die  so that he could look his daddy in the eye and say, "I done you right." I feel for the 2300 families in the US who have lost  a son, daughter, father, or mother. I wonder if George  thinks  about them at night, how they can continue  their  lives  for  a  cause which is morally corrupt.
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2006, 01:01:38 AM »

It's only bragging if you have not done it (as in, "I could? do this or that.") If you have done it, it is called? reporting the facts. There? is a difference.

actually you can still brag about something even if you have done it. ( as in. oh i've done this and oh i've done that )

p.s saying " They pay me to do this shit, so I think I know? what? I am talking about. " and " Oh, and BTW, how many times has the CIA asked you to consult  with  them for professional advice on world  affairs? For me, only 3 times in 2005, which is  less than what I  did for  them in 2004. 2006 is looking to be quite busy for me at Langely, so really, don't lecture to me about politics. " is kinda like bragging.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:06:29 AM by Jagged Little Pill » Logged

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2006, 04:00:44 AM »

my thoughts and condolences to all who suffered because of this senseless act

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: