Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:47:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  About justice.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: About justice.  (Read 2256 times)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« on: May 20, 2005, 02:44:57 PM »

Do you believe in justice?

Let's say you get sun in you eyes and you total your car since you didn't see the tail lights. Now insurance is nice enough to pay the damages of tyhe car you hit, but your car is totalled and you don't get a cent. But that's not enough, you get ticketed about dangering the traffik, even if you weren't on drugs or alcohol and were driving within the limits.
Does it sound fair? A friend of mine lost control of his truck on heavy cargo, he broke a couple of powerlines and was hurt bad and is getting to pay the damages he made. It doesn't sound fair either, accidents happen. The road was icy at the time.

Ok, let's take it a notch deeper, your cousin is beated close to death and those who did it are underaged, what would you do? I mean, they're underaged, cops can't do a thing. So my friend told me he's gonna go beat 'em up, I tried to talk him out of it, but I must say I'd do the same if someone would do that to my sister etc.

So my point is, am I the only one who feels that law is working the wrong way, a guy crashing his car can end up paying more than what an unemployed punk get out of an assault.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 02:46:34 PM by Blue Cut » Logged

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 05:21:21 PM »

There are 2 kind of lawyers:
- Those who know the law
- And those who know the judge...

smoking hihi
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 07:17:46 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
MCT
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 01:41:31 PM »

Such is life there Blue Blood...

So you either have to accept a certain degree of resignation towards that or remain a highly annoyed human being for the rest of your life.

And if anyone has a better suggestion, I'd sure like to hear it... yes
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 03:26:21 AM »

Justice is dead.  The only thing that matters is money.  The rich get off and the poor go to jail.  It is that simple.  I hate it and it's not right but it is the way it is, at least here in the good ol' US of A the land of the free and the home of the Bushites
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 02:50:38 PM »

As anything in Law businnes theres always a way to go round the law, you just have to consult that with a lawyer, Lae sometimes is unfair but once you know you can know what to do in certain situations, just like the one you describe.  ok

No man can be my equal
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 03:28:06 PM »

So my point is, am I the only one who feels that law is working the wrong way, a guy crashing his car can end up paying more than what an unemployed punk get out of an assault.
I'm a Law Student and in being so have looked at alot of past cases etc. and there's been so many inconsistencies over the years which make little sense, thankfully there have been numerous changes to improve things, more up-to-date acts clarifiying where the Law stands on certain issues, but there are always going to be people who aren't happy, many cases go unnoticed if they fail to grab the public attention, since newspaper coverage and public support can often swing things.  Fact is nothing is perfect and the Law will never please everyone but trust me it has got better over the years.....really yes  One example being there was a time not so long since that a man could not be charged with raping his wife since it was not deemed possible for a man to rape his wife...if they're married he's entitled to sex or at least that's the way it was viewed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: