Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:59:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Dream week in Vegas...wrecked.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dream week in Vegas...wrecked.  (Read 8258 times)
JeffK
Rocker

« on: November 18, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »

rant
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:12:11 PM by JeffK » Logged

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
strictlyaxlsgrrl1976
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »

If my husband did that, guess what? We're f'n staying. You.wanna wreck yourself? It's free. I shouldn't have to pay. I'm very sorry for what happened....

"This is one of most evil things I've ever done"--Axl referring to his "Halloween Tree" on Jimmy Kimmel
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »

This is why I always prefer to go to shows by myself, because me and ONLY me count and I'm going to F'in enjoy Guns N' Roses despite anyone else. If this happened to me, I would of stayed no questions asked. For this to happen again at the second show, is your fault my friend... you shouldn't of took her this time, you knew what happened at the show previous.  Lips Sealed

In all cases, it pays to leave other halfs behind when going to see a GN'R show, especially when they are not a big fan like you. I've heard of too many stories of this exact thing happening... it has never happened to me, or will it, because I will never let it... simple.  Smiley

Sorry about your experience anyway, must of sucked for it to happen to you.  Undecided
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »

You spent your money to go to Vegas to see GNR and you traveled a long way to do so and I' m sure spent a lot of money to make that happen.  That sucks, and not cool at all. Very inconsiderate of your wife, she had no right to give you any shit.

If my wife did that to me I would have told her to go fuck herself after pulling that at the second show, but that's just me. 

Sorry to hear it went down like that at both shows. She owes you an apology.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 09:55:13 PM »

Next time they come through Canada she'll definitely be left at home.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 12:05:05 AM »

dude I am sorry, but you need to man up and let her know that the bullshit she pulled was unacceptable.  I know she is your wife and all, but my fiance and I have an understanding when it comes to live music.  Because we have vastly different tastes in music, we are respectful of each other at the concerts and we especially do not get hammered. 

I have gone with her to see Michael Buble, Maroon 5, and Black Eyed Peas.  Even if I don't like the music I have a good time because I see her having a good time and I do what I can to make sure she is having fun.  She has gone with me to see GNR, Slash, Roger Waters and the Danzig Legacy tour.  She is supportive of me the same way I am supportive of her. 

You need to set some ground rules for the future.  Let her know that you feel disrespected by her attitude at the Vegas shows and in the future either tell her to shape up or stay at home. 
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »

Why didn't you just let her go back to the room and you stay?

People only get away with what you let them get away with.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 03:55:36 PM »

Sounds like somebody has a drinking problem... This seems like the perfect time to address that...

Yes the GNR incidents sucked, but if you love your wife, her health should be most important
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »

Why didn't you just let her go back to the room and you stay?

Easier said than done dude.  Believe it or not drunk girls walking around in Vegas by themselves are targets for guys, and something tells me she would have ended up somewhere that was not their hotel room whether it was a bar or a blackjack table or whatever. 
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 07:52:50 PM »

Comes a time when the only person you can save is yourself.  The first night okay, you have too, the second night, you make your own mistakes lady.  We're talking grown adults here not girls and boys.  Only problem is if he told her that she probably would have just hung around and made everyone miserable.  Should have lost her in the crowd.   hihi

WAR41
VIP

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

I hear ya dude, but this is his wife, not just some random chick.  Tough call all around, but after that first night I would have laid down the law
cineater
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 03:22:02 AM »

dudette, I know a lot about drunk chics  hihi

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 05:32:36 AM »

I wouldn't have put up with the drinking during the day, I mean a few beers through the day's fine, but if she's hitting the hard stuff at 11AM into the night, it becomes a struggle. Knowing that a GNR show is usually a late one, you have to pace yourself.

The flipping out's going to happen again, but this isn't a good sign when you want to go away on future vacations, if all she wants to do is get wasted the entire time.

I would still have a good time in Vegas regardless of this, but would make plans to retaliate at a later time. In good fun of course, it shouldn't be done out of spite.

But all the drama that happened at the show, I would still have a good time, but keep it in the back of my head that she gets like that when she's drunk and doesn't get her way.

Just don't be her doormat when she's acting bratty. She's already shown her selfish side to you.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:17 AM »

And speaking of drunk women.  Those 2 on the Today show enjoying their morning glass of wine, every fucking morning on national TV, you suck.  hihi  They annoy the hell out of me!

Annie
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »

I'm sorry yiou had a bad time. That's why I like going to GNR shows on my own. I like to be with fellow diehards. beer
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »

I'm sorry yiou had a bad time. That's why I like going to GNR shows on my own. I like to be with fellow diehards. beer

This is exactly how I feel too, sometimes it's "Better" to go alone... pun 100% intended.  hihi
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »

I find too many people abuse alcohol.   If you drink too much you get drunk and then how are you supposed to remember a great show.  I'll stick to my Pepsi and remember everything. 
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »

mine was ruined by my best friend, should have never invited her, made me miss out on meeting axl  rant
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 11:41:13 PM »

My wife went to Vegas with me to see Guns on 12.31.11 and she liked the show, although she is not a huge Guns fan. We went again to the residency in November 2012 and she stayed in the room while I attended the shows. A perfect compromise. She doesn't like staying up to 2-3am in any event, whereas for me it is totally rock n' roll. In return, I took her to see her Bon Jovi and bought VIP tix at $650 each, so I consider us even. That's how relatively good marriages work.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 10:50:08 PM »

I did not take my wife to The Vegas shows and she gave me a really hard time with it.  In retrospect there wasn't much I could do because she doesn't share my passion for GNR yet I felt I needed to experiance a residency.  Things were pretty rough when I got home. 
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »

On a semirelated note; I always wanted to go to Las Vegas

... coffee

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
long live the king
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 03:59:07 PM »

That sucks bro. My girl I thought ruined things for me to untill I realized it was all my fucking lies that got her to be this way .
long live the king
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »

And besides that's your wife,she's the one you go home with . Most of the people talking shit saying they go by themselves is cause they don't have anyone anyway .  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: