Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:33:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  U2
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U2  (Read 131736 times)
Evolution
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2005, 09:37:18 AM »

First 4 tracks are superb - but after that....it goes downhill fast

Same as most U albums - first few tracks (the singles) are fine but then the rest is very average

Any album with those first 4 songs would find it hard to keep that momentum i suppose.

The combo of "Exit" and "Mothers Of The Disappeared" rev my engine though
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2005, 12:33:15 PM »

Awesome Album... And not the first 4 songs are great. Theres Running To Stand Still, Exit, Mothers, etc

But its not the best U2 album. That glory goes to Acthung Baby. All songs are great, except for, maybe Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2005, 06:00:21 PM »

My favorite track has to be "Red Hill Mining Town."  That chorus causes goose bumps. 

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2005, 07:18:36 AM »

My favorite track has to be "Red Hill Mining Town."? That chorus causes goose bumps.?

Agree! I'm not too crazy about this particular U2 album, but "Red Hill Mining Town" is the best track. That's the only song off The Joshua Tree that's never been played live.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2005, 03:26:56 PM »

Fans who can't catch U2  during the group's sold-out fall tour can still experience a live performance from the Irish quartet via the upcoming concert DVD "Vertigo 2005//U2 Live from Chicago."Scheduled for release on Nov. 15, the two-disc set features a live disc comprising footage shot during U2's May 9-10 performance at Chicago's United Center, and a second disc of bonus material that includes a behind-the-scenes documentary.

Director Hamish Hamilton, who directed the band's previous million-selling DVDs ("U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle" and "Elevation 2001: U2 Live from Boston"), helmed "Live from Chicago," as well.

A streaming-video preview of "Live from Chicago" is posted at U2's website, and the live disc's track listing is included below.

U2 is in the midst of the fall leg of its "Vertigo 2005" tour, which touches down in Oakland, CA, Tuesday night (11/8) for the first of two concerts. The band's North American itinerary, which is included below, runs until mid-December.

The tour supports U2's 11th studio album, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," which arrived in stores one year ago and debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 album chart.

"Vertigo 2005//U2 Live from Chicago" track listing:

City of Blinding Lights
      Vertigo
      Elevation
      Cry/Electric Co.
      An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
      Beautiful Day
      New Year's Day
      Miracle Drug
      Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
      Love and Peace or Else
      Sunday Bloody Sunday
      Bullet the Blue Sky
      Running To Standstill
      Pride (In the Name of Love)
      Where The Streets Have No Name
      One
      Zoo Station
      The Fly
      Mysterious Ways
      All Because of You
      Original of the Species
      Yahweh

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2006, 01:43:48 PM »

Any news on southamerican dates?, I know it will be Chile 26 feb, but the tracklist will be the same??  Huh

No man can be my equal
Bono
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2006, 07:43:39 PM »

Like I wasn't gonna start this thread Grin Took me long enough though. I've already made two other posts.

I don't have much to talk about today. I just thought I'd get the ball rolling on the thread though. I saw there was an official U2 tour thread which is good. At least there's some interest about them here.

"Music can change the world because music can change people"
-Bono-
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2006, 08:07:27 PM »

U2 fuckin rock.they are a solid rock in an industry full of dust.
                                "with or without youuuuuu,with or without you arrr haaaa,i cant liiiiivvvvveeee with or without you,with or without you".a fukin classic and one of my all time favs songs EVER.NO ONE CAN DISS THE U2  peace beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Bono
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

See people. Even Mr. Rose himself agree with U2.  peace
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2006, 09:20:29 PM »

Im pretty sure theres already a U2 thread I created a whiole back dude

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Bono
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »

Im pretty sure theres already a U2 thread I created a whiole back dude

Weird. It didn't come up whe I did a search. Your Official U2 tour thread did though. Oh well. u2's good enough to have two official threads. ok peace
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2006, 02:13:04 AM »

One might be my second favorite song ever, right behind GIMME SHELTER
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2006, 11:30:33 AM »

all the albums are solid even the latest but i will forever worship them for Achtung Baby which is the only album i can honestly say that has NO FILLER, every song is STUNNING. 

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Bono
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2006, 03:59:24 PM »

No offense to the one who merged this thread with my "Official U2 Thread" but this thread is obvioulsly not the "Official" U2 thread. It's  simply titled "U2". My thread was official and actually endorsed by the band themselves. There's a huge difference.

Cheesy
Bono
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2006, 10:57:12 PM »

The following posts are my U2 experiences for 2005. I apologise for posting so many times in a row but I just wanted to let everyone know how I feel about this band. I figure if I just get these stories out of the way we'll all be better off peace
Bono
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2006, 10:59:17 PM »

City of Blinding Lights - video shoot

Unfreaking believable everyone!!! I arrived in Vancouver at 12:00pm Wednesday afternoon and was driving around with my buddies listening to U2. We decided to turn on The Fox radio station and we caught the end of them saying U2 was shooting a video in the city. I made my buddies come down to GM Place with me just to see if that was where they were shooting it and they were! My buddies(This_Guy one of them) weren't interested so they left but I was so I waited in line for 4 hours and when we all finally got in we were treated to 5 takes of City of Blinding Lights. Bono joked with the crowd which looked like about 3500 people. After the fith take of COBL the band ripped into 3 fucking mindblowing performances of Vertigo, All Becasue of You and Sometime You Can't Make it on Your Own. The place went insane  They did it with the lights and everything and the sound was cranked up so loud but was crystal clear. I was so freaking pumped up you guys have no idea. Greatest concert moment of my life(up untill the Friday show at least) and it was only 3 songs and one song 5 times. Whether or not I get a close up in the video is unknown but I was in the crowd and there for I'll be in the video regradless whether or not you can see me
Bono
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2006, 11:01:26 PM »

Vancouver shows: April 28th & 29th

Oh my freaking God!!! You guys,,have no idea what an experience that was!!! First I was at the video shoot on Wednesday, second I caught the first show from the nosebleeds and then on Friday night I had the best seats in the house as my ticket scanned properly and I was in the circle,elipse, bombshelter or whatever you want to call it with This_Guy. Unreal. I was an arms length away from Bono many times as well as Larry, and Adam, never managed to be in the same place at the same time as The Edge though. Oh man it was unreal. both nights there were times were I got a bit emotional and had a lump in my throat. Not becasue it was sad but because they(U2) and the fans and the whole thing came together as one It's insanely powerful. A freind of mine who was there on Thursday night actually had tears roll down her face due to how overwhelming it was. Even This_Guy on the second night(inside the circle) may have teard up a bit(You'll have to ask him though) at one point and he's not even a fan. he might be now though  Friday night inside the circle was without a doubt the greatest experience I've had in my life so far. For anyone who even slightly doubts the power of this band do yourself a huge favor and SEE THEM LIVE. Unfucking real is all I can say. Graetest band who ever lived in my mind without question. No one will ever be able to convince me otherwise. The connection between U2 fans and the band is unparalleled and the emotion in the building is nearly impossible to comprehend. WOW!!!!  A major suprsie on the first show was that the band played Original of the Species which as far as I know was the first time they have done so on this tour. It's was cool but honestly paled in comparison to the performance of Yaweh which took it's spot on the second night. In fact to be honest the second show was much better than the first show in my opinion. Partially due to the fact that I was on the floor but also the setlist was better in my opinion. Electric Co. replaced Gloria, Into the Heart repalced The Ocean and Yaweh replaced Original of the Species. All in my opinion made for a better show. The first show was insane but the second show was the greatest show of all time by any band anywhere at any time. Crazy, crazy, crazy. This was the very best week of my life.
Bono
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2006, 11:07:53 PM »

U2 at Madison Square Garden and the New York experience

Unreal trip is all I can say. Even if I did lose my wallet which had my liscence in it only a few short hours after arriving. The first night there we got totally hammered and bought scalpers tickets to a Social Distortion concert which is where I lost my wallet. Day two included site seeing at Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty and Times Square(we spent time there everyday as our hotel was only one block away). We took in The Lion King that night. If anyone has any doubts as to whether or not a broadway play is any good, go check out The Lion King and all doubts will be erased. Absolutely amazing. Day three was filled with walking. We walked from Times Square to China town and then walked across the Manhatten bridge into Brooklyn where we hung out for a good while. Then we took the Subway to The Bronx and had dinner in a little diner. The Yankee game was amazing and truely made us feel part of New York. Too bad they lost 11-7. Day three was spent in Times Square walking around in the pouring rain. We checked out the wax museum and ate more than enough at alot of different places. We went into Penn Station which was weird becasue of the bomb threats there was actual military guys with machine guns. Then the highlight and the reason for the trip was upon us(at least for me it was) U2 was on fire at MSG. They played Fast Cars which wa a major surprise.No doubt the greatest live band ever. In all I have taken 8 friends who have no overwhelming interest in U2 to U2 concerts this year and 7 out of 8 claim it was the best show they've ever seen. Day four I don't remember much for some reason.? I think it was pretty laid back day. We did go to a comedy show at the Improv and got hammered again. Adam Sandler was there the night before but we weren't so lucky. A bunch of no names who were hilarious nonetheless. We got back to the hotel at 6:15am :lol:? Hmmmm City that never sleeps my ass. I have no iea what we were doing untill 6:00 am considering McDonalds was the only thing open. Day five was spent going through the routine of getting into the David Letterman show. We had to line up twice. The first time to get our tickets and learn the rules and the second time to actually get into the show. We ate at the Hello Deli(Rupert's deli) before the second lineing up. Orlando Bloom and Alicia Keys were the guests. Orlando was funny but Alicia Keys was typical r&B. Not exciteing at all. At least that's how I felt about her performance. I had hoped that seeing her live I'd change my tune but i was bored to tears. They should've just let PaulSchaffer and the CBS Orchestra play durring her time. That night we ventured into Harlem. We walked around for about an hour and then figured we might be pushing our luck so we left ona? bus. Anyways that was the trip. It was alot of fun and I'd definately do it again. I wanted to do the Central Park thing but the weather was shitty every day except the second day. New Yorkers are a hell of a lot more freindly than they're reputation. Everyone was extremely helpful. there was an instance though when it was late and I approached two ladies(about 27years old) "Excuse me but could you tell me...." they ignored me completely and kept walking. I yelled back at them "Way to further the American stereotype as rude and arrogant assholes" They imediately turned around and apologised and helped me out with directions  rofl Oh and another cool thing was our flight home was cancelled so we had to catch a different plane. We were delayed 3 hours but we got to fly home in First Class. Cool eh!

U2 at MSG in New York durring Zoo Station
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:26:35 PM by Bono » Logged
Bono
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2006, 11:18:20 PM »

Fans say THANK YOU in Portland on December 19th

My friend Nick who has always been anti U2(he thinks/thought they plain suck) was with me. I convinced him to come for the trip if nothing else. He was a good sport as I turned the 4 days into an all out U2 fest. He didn't know this but I had packed 3500 Thank You signs on 8X11 white paper. We had to hand them all out to the crowd when we got there. In total a bunch of super nerd fans handed out over 11 000 Thank You signs. The signs were the fans way of showing their appreaciation for the band and it worked. Bono aknowledged the signs and the band was obviously moved. Also I made Nick go to an atu2.com birthday party at Kell's Irish Pub where we hung out with insane fanatics that make me look like a casual fan. We saw 2 U2 cover bands(one of them we saw twice). As for the show itself, well it was amazing as useual and Nick's reaction half way through Vertigo(2nd song of thes set) was "holy shit nothing comes close to this. Nothing compares!" B) I never had any doubt. All in all this was the best U2 experience as far as "getting into it" goes for me this tour. Vancouver was amazing to see the band 3 nights in a row and from a mere feet away.? New York was New York and the crowd was insane, but Portland was more of a celebration of the band. Sounds cheesy and corny but that's what it was. I met so many cool people and for once it was great to walk into a bar and know that everyone shared your love for a great band.

The following is a clip from an article posted on u2.com:[/color]

It was one of those unforgettable tour moments, one we'll talk about for years to come: as the familiar opening bars of Elevation arrived thousands of fans, standing and seated, raised banners reading 'Thank You'. It was pretty obvious that the band were touched:' No! Thank YOU!' said Bono in response.
A night of gratitude all round - what great fans U2 have, no-one comes even close!

It's true. With all due respect to fans of band around the world no fans do come close. My friend Nick couldn't believe what he saw and to an extent neither could I. I knew but it still blows me away every time. The power of the band and the dedication of the fans is unparalelled. I met people from Germany, Belgium, New York, England, Calgary, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, Detroit, Salt Lake City etc. All who came just for the show. The hype started in the Vancouver airport where we ran into a group of seven people who where headed to the show. The line up started at midnight the night before the show in blowing snow and sleat. It's insane.? As for the actual show itself it's really hard to describe. There is nothing like it. The atmosphere, the connection betwen the band and the fans can't be explianed. This band is so much more powerful live than they are on their albums. The musi gets taekn to a whole other level. Honestly people see this band if you never have. It's more than a concert it's an all out event. You will not regret it
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:19:58 PM by Bono » Logged
Bono
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »

For anyone wondering where the THANK YOU sign idea came from

myself and a girl on interference.com started talking about how cool it would be if the fans could come together to show appreciation for the band. I jokeingly said that we could all make Thank You signs and she rolled with it. She made 100 signs before I even knew she was serious about it and then other fans started in each making about 100 or so signs each. The fans at atu2.com and zootopia(u2.com) also got im on the act. I got excited and figured I could inspire people to go nuts on the signs if I made a a huge amount. I had the resources so I did it. It was a good thing I had people to meet up with when I got to Portland to help me hand out the signs. 3500 peices of paper is more than you realies. Once it's sitting there in front of you it's quite intimidateing.? My suitcase full of signs was pretty heavy. To be honest it felt really good to be the one who contributed the most signs to the cause. Actually almost 3000 more signs than the next closest person. It wasn't a compition but I admit it felt great doing what I did.

So there ya go. Those were my U2 experiences for 2005. best year of my life.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:23:23 PM by Bono » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: