Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:26:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Christian symbols banned by British airline
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christian symbols banned by British airline  (Read 4099 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »

"The religion nowadays is so corrupted that it means nothing. Anyone can wear a freaking cruxifix, say is christian and deep inside him/her they have murdered, rape or do shit to others, is just meaningless now. "

Let's assume that your postion...if it's all meaningless, what does the symbol of the cross really matter? BTW a cross is called a  cruxifix when it has  Jesus the Christ hanging from it....what the BA woman was wearing is just a cross. I think it's a little "talking out of both sides of the mouth" with the allowance of head dress and bangle for some, but something that small causing such a stir...but I don't live in Europe so it might be a different feel over there Huh

Yes the real shit is something that happened between that employee and BA, whatever the case is, i think everyone hates religion when it comes down to this cause it's all "religions problems" instead of us seeing the wrong way don't you think?

No man can be my equal
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 04:03:08 PM »

This is the sort of thing that bugs me. I personally am not religious but England is a Christian country. Now i have no problems with Hindus, Muslims or anybody practicing their religion in England or where ever, everybody is entitled to their beliefs. But when English traditions are phased out because because someone from a different religion does not agree with it or it offends them, thats where the problem starts, ie at work we now have to have signs that say seasons greetings not Happy Christmas. At the end of the day these people were welcomed into our country they have homes they havent been stopped from practicing their religion yet they try and stamp on ours. Could you imagine the uproar if a load of Christians who lived in say India suddenly decided that they were offended by other religous imagry and such like, and tried to get it banned, they would be laughed at and probably arrested and put in prison, so why can they get away with it here in England. Basically the people the powers that be are too weak to say no. And its not just religion in the Uk its political correctness basically if you make a derogatry comment about anyone you can be taken too court and you will lose. Children are wrapped up in cotten wool, i mean no conker games sports days no races becuase the loser gets upset. I have always belived in equal rights for everybody but that will never happen in the country i live in.? ?

other than that England Rocks? no

Couldn't have said it better, best post I've read in a long time
It's time the British people took their Britain back. rant

You seem to have serious problems. There is nothing Christian about being English.

I couldn't care less what's banned and what isn't, people can believe what they want, i'd actually rather it wasn't shoved down my throat.

We've got nothing to take it back from.

What

Did AdZ stutter?  Being English, or American for that matter, or German, or whatever modern western country you care to name, doesn't mean you're Christian. 

Also, how dare you have sayings at work like Happy Christmas.  Dammit, everyone knows it's Merry Christmas!!   hihi 

Listen, 99% of folks agree that the wearing of a cross is no big deal, and whoever punished the woman for wearing it was wrong.  Everyone gets the point!  To try and rile people up into a tizzy over this matter is irresponsible.  Nobody has "taken" or will "take" England away from Christianity...England doesn't belong to Christianity.    Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 04:19:29 PM »