Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:14:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  ROUND 8: Best 90's Frontman Survivor!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ROUND 8: Best 90's Frontman Survivor!  (Read 12970 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2005, 04:52:43 AM »

yes the alliance is breaking up and crumbling down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Unfortunately they'll probably reform to get Jon Bon Jovi kicked off the 80s survivor
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2005, 09:48:46 AM »

corporate my ass. Alice In Chains? Layne Staley was the yin to Jerry Cantrell?s yang. They were the seminal duo who wrote the songs and created the driving metal sound that set AIC apart from the other so-called Seattle grunge bands of the early ?90s. Worked hard for years 80's into 90's.... Jerry still writes some of the best music I hear today. (underground)
You would wonder why Eddie Van Hallen gave thousands of dollars worth of his equipment to cantrell back in the day, like a hand me down to somebody he felt to become a great guitarist/writer needed (corporate wasnt there to set up his shit or equipment). You would wonder why Jimi Hendrix's band would choose Jerry Cantrell to be there guitarist on recent tours. Jerry Cantrell has a Guitar Tone that enthueists seek... the dude breaks through in style every year. Cantrell made his signature sound from a G&L Gutiar with a Jeff Beck pickup (very uncool at the time). I just don't like Patton's voice & just don't feel it. Nothing great to me. I also seen FNM live too.... nice act. Staley has a better voice to me that is raspy, deep, growling, emotional, wavy, & meaningful that match lyrics & melodies awesome.

-BP

What voice on Cantrell?l - is it Eddie Vedder's, Mark Lanegan's or Chris Cornell's? the guy never had style.... I like the poses in the "We Die Young Video" they look like Poison!!!! - gimme that Eddie Van Halen guitar - I'll sell it on ebay - but a case of beer and still laugh at people that think that guy really mattered as a frontman!!! Colubia recors loved him though on that Jar of Shit EP - INTEGRITY MY FRIEND - Godspeed into the murk

1. Cantrell wasn't known for his voice = he is guitarist & not the frontman = you are simply making words to argument.

Layne on the other hand has a unmatched voice.

Also note that AIC is not my favorite band by long shot & my voting for them is not one-sided. I know a lot about the impact of the bands/frontmen though.

I liked bands like The Crew, Jovi, FNM, in 1988 but that was simply a phase only because I was lucky enuff to seek real talant. I've been to Hundreds & Hundreds of concerts - I've been around....  I play music which helps in my decide too.

-BP

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2005, 02:46:17 PM »

It's no big deal really, this is just a discussion board, if some of the people who post here are blind to Mike Patton's talents, it doesn't really affect me.

With so many M?tley Crue, Bon Jovi, what have you Winger fans here, Patton winning would've been near to an insult.

And I'm not kidding either.
  I almost threw up when I read the band name Winger.  It should be illegal to mention that name on a Guns N' Roses message board.

I would have to agree with you Skeletor.  Mike Patton is the best guy presented on this list... but, I can't expect someone who's brain is muddled by bon jovi fodder to hear his excellence.  So, oh well. 

Death to Bon Jovi in the 80's survivor challenge!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2005, 03:50:25 PM »

hahahahahaha

i dont understand your logic bipolar

why cant u like challenging bands and other not so challenging bands?

i love prince and motley crue

i love red hot chili peppers and the 80's shit

why cant u like more than one kind of music?

i can listen to mozart and then listen to 2pac

just cause u like AIC's and u think they are this and that doesnt mean u still cant listen to and like the bands u once did.

and your whole "i play music argument"

are u telling me a D,C,G sounds different whether it is played by AIC or BJ?

i dont think so.

Jon plays guitar,piano,bass and can write songs without anyone else. So no one can argue he isnt talented. u might not like his music but to say he isnt talented is ludicrous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
POPmetal
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 04:38:31 PM »

It's no big deal really, this is just a discussion board, if some of the people who post here are blind to Mike Patton's talents, it doesn't really affect me.

With so many M?tley Crue, Bon Jovi, what have you Winger fans here, Patton winning would've been near to an insult.

And I'm not kidding either.

Go fuck yourselves! I like all three of these bands and I'd vote Patton for the best 90s frontman.
Listen to Winger's Pull and then come back and tell me that band doesn't kick ass.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2005, 04:42:44 PM »

Well it would sound better by AIC, that's for sure.

The bottom-line is that Trent will squeeze his way to winning this due to the fact that he's had about 5 vote-offs in the whole thing.

D, you make Bon Jovi sound worse by backing him up every 5 minutes when someone mentions his name in a bad way, just let it go, and in the '80's frotman survivor he'll get nailed. He doesn't stand a chance against others like Axl (even though he won't be in it 'cos he'll just win it anyway) and James Hetfield.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2005, 06:47:25 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James wont win dude, he plays guitar and stands there, he is a great artist but not what i consider to be an honest to God frontman.

best frontman of the 80's probably should go to David Lee Roth even though i hate van halen and dont like Roth but tell me a more copied frontman in the 80's?

and from what i hear he was entetaining as fuck

i hate van halen never liked Roth but honestly with no prejudice id probably have to give him the nod. thats excluding axl of course.

BP
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2005, 08:11:47 PM »

hahahahahaha

i dont understand your logic bipolar

why cant u like challenging bands and other not so challenging bands?

i love prince and motley crue

i love red hot chili peppers and the 80's shit

why cant u like more than one kind of music?

i can listen to mozart and then listen to 2pac

just cause u like AIC's and u think they are this and that doesnt mean u still cant listen to and like the bands u once did.

and your whole "i play music argument"

i dont think so.

Jon plays guitar,piano,bass and can write songs without anyone else. So no one can argue he isnt talented. u might not like his music but to say he isnt talented is ludicrous.

Grin No you don't understand my logic... so thats why you don't get where i'm coming from.

I stated before that I liked Bon Jovi & Crew etc back in the day. I stated that in other post's as well. It's not that I can't like different kinds of bands like you say. It's simply because bon jovi, as I grow up & look into real talent.....  1. I picked 50 other bands I'd rather listen to. 2. I was 11-13 years old when I was listening to jovi for FUN NOT TALENT.  I still like the Crew as in something that is funny to me more so than serious.  after all the talent that I've seen & lessons I've learned growing up, I did throw away all my Crew albums, Jovi, Skid Row, Poison simply because I don't take em' serious & for inspiration.  I have a large collection of different people....   I've been playing Knocking on Heaven's Door before Axl redid it & made it "kool".
I once liked Twisted Sister too when I was 9 or 10 or whenever, but give me a break.   Grin 

so I'll say it again so you know.....    BP likes a ton of bands that toured in the 80's & 90's, but BP has also grown. Cheese begins to turn with time & bon bon is the reason why I can't see the skyline in New Jersey & smells like poo. Ok now i'm being sarcastic. All good fun.

Huh

-BP

POPmetal
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2005, 10:15:38 PM »

Grin No you don't understand my logic... so thats why you don't get where i'm coming from.

I stated before that I liked Bon Jovi & Crew etc back in the day. I stated that in other post's as well. It's not that I can't like different kinds of bands like you say. It's simply because bon jovi, as I grow up & look into real talent.....? 1. I picked 50 other bands I'd rather listen to. 2. I was 11-13 years old when I was listening to jovi for FUN NOT TALENT.? I still like the Crew as in something that is funny to me more so than serious.? after all the talent that I've seen & lessons I've learned growing up, I did throw away all my Crew albums, Jovi, Skid Row, Poison simply because I don't take em' serious & for inspiration.? I have a large collection of different people....? ?I've been playing Knocking on Heaven's Door before Axl redid it & made it "kool".
I once liked Twisted Sister too when I was 9 or 10 or whenever, but give me a break.? ?Grin?

so I'll say it again so you know.....? ? BP likes a ton of bands that toured in the 80's & 90's, but BP has also grown. Cheese begins to turn with time & bon bon is the reason why I can't see the skyline in New Jersey & smells like poo. Ok now i'm being sarcastic. All good fun.

Huh

-BP

Whaaaaaaaaaoooooooo! Such sophistication and refinement! You're so special BP!? Does BP like to brag about BPs dick size too? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 01:31:57 AM by POPmetal » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2005, 01:22:07 AM »

while i was compiling my lyrics list for my thread i read some faith no more lyrics

and i must admit i was very impressed.

i wasnt impressed any however by AIC's lyrics

no offense intended Bipolar

but u remind me of the dude in high school that once was just an average guy of popularity etc etc *nice group of friends not a prep, not a nerd, just in the middle*

then one year something happens and u get cool and all the cool jocks and cheerleaders start liking u and wanting u to hang out with them so u just drop all of your other friends.

in essence this is what u did with music

i on the other hand wouldve accepted the new cooler friends but still spoke to my old friends and hung out when possible.

ive loved bon jovi and those bands as a kid

ive discovered other bands but that doesnt mean im gonna stop likin bon jovi just cause another band i like seems to be cooler.

shit i went through a phase where i loved rap and thats all i listened too but i still loved the same bands i always had.

i just dont understand how u can love something and all of a sudden just throw it away.

when something connects to me it will always remain connected in some way regardless.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 01:27:52 AM by D » Logged

BP
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2005, 12:04:31 PM »

D...

Again....   I liked BJ when I was 11!!!!!!!!!   I also liked The Monkey's  Grin .  I grew into bands for example: Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Allmans, & Morrison.  I still listen to Floyd, Dylan, & Morrison to this very single day!!

Jovi didn't make the cut just as much as The Monkey's are not in my cd disk changer!!!  Get it??   Cheese

Nobody influences who I listen to accept for the artist, NOT the football team lol. 
 -------------------------------------------------------------

FYI  I was the ONLY person in high school who had the balls enuff to walk down the hall with the Appetite for Destruction T-Shirt.  whoa flashback  Shocked

Grin  BP

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2005, 02:08:39 PM »

Well I have regressed to the fact Patton without saving a miracle is gone.  Just don't quote Epic in the Swan Song statement in the beginning of the next round! Outta respect - Please!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 02:10:15 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: