Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New songs - the novelty has worn off?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs - the novelty has worn off?  (Read 38248 times)
The Dog
Legend

« on: April 09, 2006, 11:52:14 PM »

I don't know if its just me, but I'm kinda bored of the leaks already - maybe its b/c I completely played them out?  Not entirely sure, but I don't find myself NEEDING to hear them like I was a few weeks ago.  I think it has to do with the fact that 2 of the 4 are kinda slower songs (TWAT, CITR) and IRS and Better have some, what I would call, "slow" parts to them.  Better TOTALLY drags on .30-1 minute too long for my tastes, very weak outro.

Anyone else feel like we need a bonafide rocker or two to balance out the tracks we've heard so far?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:47:35 PM by Lil' Butters » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 12:00:11 AM »

No i still listen to b etter and CITR atleast 2 times a day

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 12:02:50 AM »

i listen to better like 5 times a day (since it leaked). and yea i got tired of them? Kiss.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 12:14:32 AM »

I agree... lol.. i hope they get spread out between 3 albums ..  confused... unless they are re mastered.. then thats ok.. good songs.. but realistically they are no SCOM or Estranged type songs..

There good dont get me wrong.. but i mean AFD and UYI shit has been on my playlist for years.. and never get old...

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 12:17:54 AM »

Same here. I also listen to The Blues alot. To me, TWAT is very forgettable. I never listen to it anymore. IRS is boring. Love the solo though. BH really plays off Axl's insane scream.

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 12:27:09 AM »

Yeah that solo is unreall.. love it.. now that is something i would have loved to hear more of.. too bad BH is gone... he was opposite of Slash.. but in a good way.. very talented.. brought a new flavour to the band....

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 12:29:44 AM »

Same here. I also listen to The Blues alot. To me, TWAT is very forgettable. I never listen to it anymore. IRS is boring. Love the solo though. BH really plays off Axl's insane scream.

I like TWAT a lot but it needs a little work. The lyrics are great and the guitar work is amazing. I just think Axl should have added another verse near the end of the song.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 12:34:11 AM »

I like TWAT a lot but it needs a little work. The lyrics are great and the guitar work is amazing. I just think Axl should have added another verse near the end of the song.
I think it needs alot of work. Yeah, lyrics are good, but the music sounds just a little too much like Queensryche. I like Queensryche, but TWAT sounds like something that was left off the Empire album.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 12:36:19 AM »

I think it needs alot of work. Yeah, lyrics are good, but the music sounds just a little too much like Queensryche. I like Queensryche, but TWAT sounds like something that was left off the Empire album.

It will sound a lot different when all the synth and orchestration is added.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 12:39:16 AM »

It will sound a lot different when all the synth and orchestration is added.
Yeah, even more like Queensryche. hihi The song definitely has potential, but it did not live up to my expectations. It was one of the songs that had always been hyped, and I always was intrigued by it. Same with CITR, and that song did not disappoint.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 12:44:13 AM »

Wasnt it always said that TWAT was about axls childhood abuse? I? thought Axl or some article made that claim. But listening to the songs and lyrics dont make it seem that is what its about or was that a different song?

Chief
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 12:46:32 AM »

not really.  I stopped listening to the couple songs that I did hear deliberately so when I got the album it would be fresh for me.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 12:54:30 AM »

Wasnt it always said that TWAT was about axls childhood abuse? I? thought Axl or some article made that claim. But listening to the songs and lyrics dont make it seem that is what its about or was that a different song?
Great point Dave. beer You are correct. For years we heard about it being about his experiences with child abuse. I agree, the lyrics are clearly not dealing with child abuse. If it is about child abuse, it is some warped view of it.

stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 12:58:25 AM »

What is a "novely"?   Tongue
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 12:59:26 AM »

Great point Dave. beer You are correct. For years we heard about it being about his experiences with child abuse. I agree, the lyrics are clearly not dealing with child abuse. If it is about child abuse, it is some warped view of it.

Where did that rumor come from? And is TWAT about Steph?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:03:20 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 01:00:15 AM »

What is a "novely"?? ?Tongue

Its like a film on television ....

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 01:04:19 AM »

What is a "novely"?? ?Tongue

Its like a film on television ....

He meant novelty and it means new and fresh.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 01:06:33 AM »

Where did that rumor come from? And is TWAT about Steph?
I dont really think it was a rumour. Mentioned in various magazine articles over the years, and I think Axl has mentioned it himself in the past, but I'm not sure. Maybe the original lyrics did deal with child abuse, but he changed them.

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 01:09:51 AM »

I still love I.R.S. and Better. They haven't gotten old yet! -- My two Favorites.

TWAT and Catcher in the Rye are also still fresh.

I have definitely played out The Blues and Madagascar, but I still like hearing them occasionally.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 01:15:05 AM »

I don't know if its just me, but I'm kinda bored of the leaks already - maybe its b/c I completely played them out?? Not entirely sure, but I don't find myself NEEDING to hear them like I was a few weeks ago.? I think it has to do with the fact that 2 of the 4 are kinda slower songs (TWAT, CITR) and IRS and Better have some, what I would call, "slow" parts to them.? Better TOTALLY drags on .30-1 minute too long for my tastes, very weak outro.

Anyone else feel like we need a bonafide rocker or two to balance out the tracks we've heard so far?

Undecided

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: