Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:19:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??  (Read 37599 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2006, 04:53:31 PM »

Nope. At a time I would've said so, but out of the stuff that's leaked, as much as it rocks, there's nothing that really has been mind-blowing.

There was a time blew me away..
guns_n_motley
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »

"So, you watched a dvd...

I PLAY GUITAR.. jack white cant play.. he hits one string... not even powerchords.."

You couldn't be more wrong dude. Alot of good riffs are played from one string, and many of his riffs are played using chords. I play guitar also, and just cause you "play" doesnt mean you can say who has talent and who doesn't. Jack White is more of an accomplished guitarist then you will ever be. Anyways, I've seen so many stripes shows its unreal, and I've been to them, sure Meg isnt a great drummer, but her purpose is to keep a beat and keep it simple. The stripes and jack are very bluesy and like to keep the elements of the music simple, and thats very respectable. Jack White also plays a great slide guitar. Jack has developed into a great musician since 1998, he wasnt where he is now back then, but he has his place in music and in guitar.

Look at this video, and I guarentee any of you who doubt his ability, well, you will think twice. The dude plays with straight emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfav21lR21o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt33IMj2lwU

But anyways, I can't win arguements with people who refuse to acknowledge talent. Not that that's all of you.

I actually like the white stripes... Im just saying..

meg white sucks on drums.. you have to accept that.. Im better than her.. and i play guitar..
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2006, 05:00:50 PM »

I tell you whats missing from rock n roll, Cocaine, smack, speed and weed and lots of sluts on the side.
oh and to Mr I love 90's and muse are so great guy... don't argue with the youth of this generation because you arnt it anymore, we know whats going on with are own and trust me rock n roll bands from the past are big influences to us just. give it 4 or 5 years and see what happens

yes sir  ok you are completely right the "confused , lost , alternative" youth of the 90's is long gone the kids who have been borin in 87-92 are seeing the light of day and as you said

Cocaine Speed smack and weed , that's right buddy rock n roll is making a come back.
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2006, 05:47:33 PM »

I tell you whats missing from rock n roll, Cocaine, smack, speed and weed and lots of sluts on the side.
oh and to Mr I love 90's and muse are so great guy... don't argue with the youth of this generation because you arnt it anymore, we know whats going on with are own and trust me rock n roll bands from the past are big influences to us just. give it 4 or 5 years and see what happens

yes sir? ok you are completely right the "confused , lost , alternative" youth of the 90's is long gone the kids who have been borin in 87-92 are seeing the light of day and as you said

Cocaine Speed smack and weed , that's right buddy rock n roll is making a come back.
yep iam a part of youth of this gen as is this guy and guns n motley, i play bass and rythem guitar and trust me i know whats going on in todays scene the emo kids today who are making bands today are like the hair metal bands in 1989 to 1990 just followers on a dying genre who came to late. I plan going to the sunset strip in 2 years time i'll be 20 and i know several others planing this move, also guns n motley, arnold plans on going also iam gonan give him a ride down there, lol if he doesn't change his mind or gets hit buy a Saab. ok
guns_n_motley
« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2006, 06:07:21 PM »

IDK if im gonna go to the sunset strip.. from what i hear the rock scene is pretty much dead in LA..But I would love to go there at least for a couple months in the summer in a couple years, see what i can do yes

I do live near Boston, so I may try up there..
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2006, 06:31:29 PM »

yes sir  ok you are completely right the "confused , lost , alternative" youth of the 90's is long gone the kids who have been borin in 87-92 are seeing the light of day and as you said

yep iam a part of youth of this gen as is this guy and guns n motley, i play bass and rythem guitar and trust me i know whats going on in todays scene the emo kids today who are making bands today are like the hair metal bands in 1989 to 1990 just followers on a dying genre who came to late. I plan going to the sunset strip in 2 years time i'll be 20 and i know several others planing this move, also guns n motley, arnold plans on going also iam gonan give him a ride down there, lol if he doesn't change his mind or gets hit buy a Saab. ok

you swear to god?

honestly tell me you are serious

this is my plan too man I can;t wait for us I know there will be many 19 , 20 year olds that will try to make it once again and rock n roll will come back. FUCK YES i can't beilieve others actually have the same plan man , i've been on this since 7th grade. Yea our generation will bring some music back hell yea.
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2006, 08:06:54 PM »

yes sir? ok you are completely right the "confused , lost , alternative" youth of the 90's is long gone the kids who have been borin in 87-92 are seeing the light of day and as you said

you swear to god?

honestly tell me you are serious

this is my plan too man I can;t wait for us I know there will be many 19 , 20 year olds that will try to make it once again and rock n roll will come back. FUCK YES i can't beilieve others actually have the same plan man , i've been on this since 7th grade. Yea our generation will bring some music back hell yea.
you don't even know man this is gonna be life or death for me iam either gonna do it or die trying there is no middle ground for me.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2006, 10:24:32 PM »

OMG we are going to meet up there seriously we over here feel the same we ( my band ) it's ride or die bitch!! lol i mean we are either gonna make or thrash horribly....ahh youth... beer
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2006, 02:05:05 AM »

Nope. At a time I would've said so, but out of the stuff that's leaked, as much as it rocks, there's nothing that really has been mind-blowing.

There was a time blew me away..

I agree. It will be an instant GNR-classic, but still, it's nothing fresh. It's completely in the same vein as Estranged.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2006, 03:45:15 AM »

axl won't save rock n' roll because rock and roll died in the early 90's.

people only expect axl to write memorable songs, that people can remember in 5-10 years and still play them without being bored. bands now only put out songs so they can cash in and have one hit that will boost album sales, but in 6-8 months people will forget that song. so they have to put out new music every year or every 2 years so people don't forget about them. how come guns n' roses can live off 2 albums that were released 15 years ago? take any band from now and don't let them release any more albums if they have 2 or 3 already relased, let's see how fast they'll be forgotten. and don't give me examples of white stripes, a7x, muse, etc... because i've heard their music but it didn't give me a reason to listen to their music. as for the bands of the 70's 80's, i'll still like maiden, gnr, kiss, stones, sabbath, aerosmith, queen, etc... because they made memorable songs. if music is better and is evolving, why do people turn to these bands and not to the new bands that emmerged in this last years?

people wait chinese democracy because axl is the only big artist of the 80's 90's that still has to release something. and people hope that this album will give them memorable songs like the great bands used to offer.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: