Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales  (Read 33933 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2006, 09:59:02 AM »

I think you people are nuts with some of these numbers...
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2006, 03:52:17 AM »

I think it will sell better then AFD  peace

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2006, 08:11:22 AM »

its a hard question.... i think it will sell alot more than contraband did ..., Specially here in Europe...most of the shows here are sold out ... they play 2 dates on the same venue ..... and i think many people that arent guns fans also will by it becuse to see how it sounds like ...
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2006, 04:11:18 AM »

Now i do realize that the music world changes often, but i was just looking at some first week album sales.  Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium, something over 400,000 units sold in the first week.  Thats pretty good, but then i remembered hearing this insane amount of albums sold by this other crappy artist and just checked it out.  Usher r&b artist sold over 1 million in the first week, and one of eminems albums sold nearly 2 million in its first week.  I know that was in their heyday and probably wont sell even half as much on any of their future albums but still.  Any rock album released has a huge disadvantage with todays market and listeners.  How do you think Chinese Democracy will sell in the first week? 

I am hoping for them beating the Chili Peppers but i honestly dont know at this point.  If they get alot of advertising which they probably will soon hopefully, maybe even more.  I know i would be very very happy with something like 700,000 units sold in first week but thats wishful thinking.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2006, 04:41:35 AM »

I would say somewhere between 300K and 800K. But they need to release a single first.
Outside USA, based on the Greatest Hits sales, I think ChiDEm will be very successfull, especially in the UK and in Northern European countries.
The most important will be the music though. If it's great, it could stay on the Charts for a long, long time (like the GH) but if it's not, it will probably fade away and deseapear quickly like Contraband.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 04:52:34 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
diablo280273
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2006, 06:49:36 AM »

I think the name and the buzz are good for 'round 350.000 in the states alone. Anything above that will depent on the succes of the first single. If that is a smash hit than 700K or 800K is possible.

If they are aiming for a late november release, then a single has to surface within the next few weeks. You better damn well believe that the record company will do anything to boost record sales so what do we have right now....

- The band has a few weeks off, so my guess is they are probably rehearsing new tunes (the single) and shooting a video.
- The record company wants to profite from christmas and thanksgiving sales to the max, you don't have to be a genuis to figure that out. So the album has to come out 'round the 21st of nov at the latest, that leaves us with 5 or 6 weeks and that is bassically the remaining time for a single to create the buzz, and getting everybody ready and warmed up for the album.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2006, 06:52:57 AM »

I'm going to say between 300K-400K for the US. I think regardless of if a single is put out before the album release, the fans with buy the CD first, and the skeptics will wait to hear it from them on whether or not it's any good.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
AtariLegend
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2006, 06:55:52 AM »

If GNR sells as much as RHCP do these days then maybe Axl will be satisfied

guns_n_motley
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2006, 02:10:20 PM »

what do you think??? I think it will go platinum fairly quickly, maybe within 2 weeks...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2006, 02:11:12 PM »

yea probably alot , but even more torrents will be downloaded.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2006, 02:14:33 PM »

It'll be a moderate success.  I think it'll most likely be like The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails... go straight to number one the first week, but disappear without a trace the second.  It'll no doubt be an amazing album... but I can't think of many people outside of the internet that will be buying it.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2006, 02:19:44 PM »

I know I?m talking from Captain Obvious? position but this is something impossible to know untill the record is out. I think it has more to do with our wishes for GNR/Axl to succeed love with this record.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2006, 02:21:35 PM »

I aggree with mrredfield... it will probably debut huge and then fall off the charts
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »

2 copies

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »

can sell 5 million of what really amounts to only a solid and respectable rock album, the upside for Chinese Democracy, in my opinion, is huge.  When consideration is given to the fact that an entire new generation will be exposed to the GNR, in addition to all the existent fans, this may just really be something bigger than any of us have anticipated. 
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2007, 05:25:20 PM »

Who the fuck on here finds anything by Nickelback "solid and respectable"? Nickelback plays to all those puss-ass Wal-Mart-Rockers. GN'R don't want or need that. Chinese Democracy will reign supreme over such tepid crap.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »

Nickelback has had years of supposedly good albums to build up a reputation. GN'R doesn't. Besides, what does Nicke;back's sales mean to CD anyway? Another competitor, maybe, but not a gage. I see CD making 2-3 mil.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »

If Nickelsuck can sell that much, GNR should do 8 easily.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »

If Nickelsuck can sell that much, GNR should do 8 easily.

Yep. Regardless of people's opinions of the music, they're already a proven brand-name.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2007, 05:54:05 PM »

The following article from Variety should persuade others that "CD" shouldn't be judged as a failure by the number of units sold. Those that want? 4, 5, 10 million units, should sober up after reading this article. It just isn't realistic.

Disney's 'High School Musical' soundtrack was the year's top seller.

The music biz can't stem the bleeding, but, for now, digital tracks are proving to be a secure band-aid.
Album sales dropped for a seventh consecutive year, but a dramatic increase in the sale of digital tracks helped keep the music industry afloat in 2006.

588.2 million album units sold last year, a 4.9% drop, while 581.9 million digital tracks were purchased by consumers -- a 65% increase from 2005's 352.7 million sold. Nielsen SoundScan, which released the figures Thursday, counts a block of 10 tracks sold as an album.

But the music industry continues to live with a double-edged sword. While hits were created -- Daniel Powter's "Bad Day," Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy," Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" -- no top-selling artists generated follow-ups that did significant business. Disney's "High School Musical" soundtrack was the year's top seller at 3.7 million units, but in the 15 years SoundScan has been keeping sales figures, it is the lowest total for the year's chart-topper. Good news: Sales were spread around many different artists. Bad news: The bar for a "hit" is reduced and in many cases the return on investment for a label is smaller.

If you are interested read the rest here: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117956655.html?categoryid=16&cs=1

The music industry has changed since 1991. Judge the music. That's all that really matters. Forget album sales.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: