Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227836 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales  (Read 33934 times)
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2007, 05:59:09 PM »

even if CD sells badly doesnt make it a bad record either..

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2007, 06:17:02 PM »

Thanks for posting this, Yeah regardless what happens CD is ultimately going to be judged on how much it sells because, hell if I had been funding Axl all these years, wouldn't you want to see it sell good? but I think that none of us hardcore gunners will regard it in that fashion, it should to us be and is the pride symbol of achievement and satisfaction as fans of guns n' roses, this album, my friends symbolizes much more than sales or the bottom dollar but the re-emergence of one of if not the greatest rock band in the past 15 years into the public musical relm.

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2007, 07:18:24 PM »

Yeah, but it might hurt chances for more albums.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2007, 08:20:18 PM »

Well, one things for certain, it will make the record company hesitate to pay that much money for any future GNR projects.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2007, 11:33:39 PM »

Well, one things for certain, it will make the record company hesitate to pay that much money for any future GNR projects.

Well i'm sure, with the lineup of guys they've got now, as long as they've got the inspiration, they'll be putting out albums, even if Axl solely has to produce them, and they are released independently.

But the $13+mil for CD, really is the last of it's breed. At a time, record companies were willing to sink whatever it took to get a potentially successful album out. But with the advent of computers, and the technology that can be found in the simplest laptop, record companies make it on the cheap now, and that's the way it's gonna stay. CD will make it's money back over and over, guaranteed, but i'm sure the record company would've much rather had it been a $3mil pricetag, instead of $13mil.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2007, 12:24:23 AM »

Most people like the old band right,how bout a quote by an old member...Duff once talked about how people made such a big deal about record sales and didnt take the time to look at the music behind it n went  on to say that most of his favorite albums only sold 10 k copies.

I think it'll probably be a good album regardless of what the media n naysayers might say.

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2007, 12:47:43 AM »

Most people like the old band right,how bout a quote by an old member...Duff once talked about how people made such a big deal about record sales and didnt take the time to look at the music behind it n went? on to say that most of his favorite albums only sold 10 k copies.

? ?I think it'll probably be a good album regardless of what the media n naysayers might say.

? ? ?Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

That's exactly right. Usually the best acts are the underground ones. Mainsteam success doesn't always = good. Guys like Guns N' Roses are the rare exception.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2007, 01:25:39 AM »

Most people like the old band right,how bout a quote by an old member...Duff once talked about how people made such a big deal about record sales and didnt take the time to look at the music behind it n went  on to say that most of his favorite albums only sold 10 k copies.

I think it'll probably be a good album regardless of what the media n naysayers might say.

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

That's exactly right. Usually the best acts are the underground ones. Mainsteam success doesn't always = good. Guys like Guns N' Roses are the rare exception.

haha thats right man.I don't know about anybody else,but i normally prefer to listen to their songs that wern't huge hits,cause huge hits get played out n become boring..a couple of my favorite GN'R songs are get in the ring,back off bitch and dont damn me...because they're more fesh than tracks like paradise city that were big n everybody who likes gnr listens to.

Who cares really how much it sells..as long as the musics good,..thats all that matters  Smiley

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2007, 02:31:56 AM »

? ?
Most people like the old band right,how bout a quote by an old member...Duff once talked about how people made such a big deal about record sales and didnt take the time to look at the music behind it n went? on to say that most of his favorite albums only sold 10 k copies.

? ?I think it'll probably be a good album regardless of what the media n naysayers might say.

? ? ?Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

? haha thats right man.I don't know about anybody else,but i normally prefer to listen to their songs that wern't huge hits,cause huge hits get played out n become boring..a couple of my favorite GN'R songs are get in the ring,back off bitch and dont damn me...because they're more fesh than tracks like paradise city that were big n everybody who likes gnr listens to.

? Who cares really how much it sells..as long as the musics good,..thats all that matters? Smiley

? ? Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

Look at 'Coma'. One of the best, if not THE best GN'R song ever made, and it wasn't a radio single or a video.

That's why, with bands like this, a GH collection will look entirely different made by a diehard fan vs. a casual fan.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: