Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:05:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  (Insert number here) weeks left
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Insert number here) weeks left  (Read 109491 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 10:30:36 AM »

Come on people why u getting bent out of shape that there's 6 weeks left and there's no promotion.  Who knows maybe the first two weeks the record company outline what they wanna do for the following with advertising, radio play, video, ect.  If it wasn't March 6 Axl would tell us maybe im wrong maybe we will get some statement I highly doubt it.  I know everyone wants CD including I but if we can just have alittle more patience yea yeah just alittle patience yea yea.  I think in a couple weeks we are gonna be jammin to a video.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 10:43:51 AM »

Come on people why u getting bent out of shape that there's 6 weeks left and there's no promotion.? Who knows maybe the first two weeks the record company outline what they wanna do for the following with advertising, radio play, video, ect.? If it wasn't March 6 Axl would tell us maybe im wrong maybe we will get some statement I highly doubt it.? I know everyone wants CD including I but if we can just have alittle more patience yea yeah just alittle patience yea yea.? I think in a couple weeks we are gonna be jammin to a video.

Back in December, I told myself I'd be jammin to the album !    no

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 10:50:05 AM »

Come on people why u getting bent out of shape that there's 6 weeks left and there's no promotion.? Who knows maybe the first two weeks the record company outline what they wanna do for the following with advertising, radio play, video, ect.? If it wasn't March 6 Axl would tell us maybe im wrong maybe we will get some statement I highly doubt it.? I know everyone wants CD including I but if we can just have alittle more patience yea yeah just alittle patience yea yea.? I think in a couple weeks we are gonna be jammin to a video.

Back in December, I told myself I'd be jammin to the album !? ? no

We've been screwed too many times with this album to actually beleive without any doubt that it will be in our hands on march 6 2007. The fact that I feel the need to type "2007" in the release date is bad enough, but it comes from years of bad experiences and still no album.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 10:51:41 AM »

Besides a single, and a couple of magazine articles, I'm not sure what else they really need. This album will stand and fall on its music, and the buzz it creates. If it is good, everyone who is a potential customer will know that Axl and G'n'R are back. If the music is not so good, no amount of publicity is really going to make much difference.

I don't see it being the type of release where people will walk in and buy it because they think it looks interesting, or saw an advert for it. G'n'R already polarise people too much for that IMO.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 10:52:55 AM »

I would be surprised if the album came out in the 6th, but hey, he said tentative. Still, March, April, it is all good.
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 11:27:17 AM »

I really see there being two different points of view...

1. GNR fans - who are either occasionally checking in for updates or on here daily counting the seconds until the estimated release date.

2. People who think GNR are a joke - and will need a seriously rockin album to get them to change their mind.

The GnR fans are the ones that care about knowing the release date and the others could care less at this point.  Now two things can happen. The album could be released on 3/6 with promo starting VERY soon or the album doesn't drop on 3/6. The worry that I have is not that the album might drop later, but when might we be told? If the album doesn't come out on 3/6 and we aren't told until sometime if February I really think that could further ailienate more of the fans. The others will just write it off as more Axl hype that isn't coming to fruition.

At this point Axl/record company know if 3/6 is a go or not. We know that the "it might just show up in your record store" thing ain't gonna happen, so the time is now - one way or the other.

Another thing I'm interested in seeing is, if 3/6 isn't the date, could Merck's 3/20 date pan out???

We shall see.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 11:34:22 AM »

Will we ever get tired of all this speculating? Isn't there an intelligent GN'R discussions we can have on these boards beside "12 weeks left", "11 weeks left", "10 weeks left"... I mean come on'!?

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »

So?

What's your point?   Huh

The album will eventually be out.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 11:37:41 AM »

you cannot compare gnr (OR this album) to anyone else. it's a unique situation.

when an offical release date is announced, it's gonna be MAJOR news that everyone will be talking about. and many stories will be done throughout all media outlets.

on top of that, i think a ton of effective promotion can be accomplished in 2 weeks, including the release of a single. so it's very possible they are still on target for march 6 IMO.

BUT my best guess is that the album will come out on march 20, with an announcement and a single in mid to late february. that date just seemed to make more sense based on what needed to be accomplished. ?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »

I think if we are not hearing anything, it must mean Axl and Co. are busy doing whatever it is they do to get this out as promised, I am waiting quietly and patiently, really that is all we can do.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 11:47:20 AM »

Will we ever get tired of all this speculating? Isn't there an intelligent GN'R discussions we can have on these boards beside "12 weeks left", "11 weeks left", "10 weeks left"... I mean come on'!?

Ok... b-sides speculating on the album's release date, what else is there new in the GNR world that we could be discussing ? Ahh, the sound of silence... ? hihi

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »

I think if we are not hearing anything, it must mean Axl and Co. are busy doing whatever it is they do to get this out as promised, I am waiting quietly and patiently, really that is all we can do.

We heard nothing from axl for huge lengths of time over the past decade, and all that proved was he was doing very little as we got no album. I think silence is not a good thing, if he had something good to say he would say it, because all the media is doing is bashing him over the album.   

"to live with fortune and fame"
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 12:23:50 PM »

Either it's on schedule or they're gonna announce a delay no more than a month before March 6th.

Sorta like they said "13 Tuesdays" and didn't say anything until there were 2 Tuesdays left or whatever it was.

In other words, they're either A: on schedule within a week or two of their target date, or B: buying time.

I'm quite certain media factors aren't influencing anyone in the GN'R camp. They've dealt with much worse at this point.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 12:30:04 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »

Either it's on schedule or they're gonna announce a delay no more than a month before March 6th.

Sorta like they said "13 Tuesdays" and didn't say anything until there were 2 tuesdays left or whatever it was.

In other words, they're either A: on schedule within a week or two of their target date, or B: buying time.

I'm quite certain media factors aren't influencing anyone in the GN'R camp. They've dealt with much worse at this point.

exactly, they have nothing to lose by anouncing another delay, it wouldn't surprise anyone right now. My guess is that they really don't know yet if it will be ready for march 6th or not.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »

I almost wish Axl never said the March 6th date. I would be much better if I just had it in my mind that it wasn't coming for awhile, then thinking its going to be out in a couple weeks and then having to wait months more for it. That would just be evil of Axl at that point.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 01:41:07 PM »

I almost wish Axl never said the March 6th date. I would be much better if I just had it in my mind that it wasn't coming for awhile, then thinking its going to be out in a couple weeks and then having to wait months more for it. That would just be evil of Axl at that point.

well i mean even if he didnt turn in the record in time for the march 6th date im sure things are still in motion and it will still come out march/april ish. i mean he did say tentative.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »

if it's not out in march, then it wont be out in April either.
so it's either march...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 01:58:05 PM »

I think we may see it this year but - beyond that, I'm not going to speculate. It almost certainly won't be out in March if it is to be "properly" promoted, there's just not enough time. A summer release, perhaps? Dammit! I just speculated!
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 01:59:28 PM »

Part of the eight weeks Axl talks about is internal stuff with the label and promoters...a major release only needs four weeks publically...with the way word spreads on the internet.

Is March 6th still a possibility...absolutely.  Gwen stefani announced her last album release date only four weeks in advance.

By mid-Feb, we should hear something one way or another.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 02:03:20 PM »

Given the track record and Axl said himself it was definitely tentative then I would say March 6th is not going to happen.

He covered his ass with that tentative crap just to appease his hardcore fans.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: