Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:21:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  (Insert number here) weeks left
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Insert number here) weeks left  (Read 109515 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #840 on: February 13, 2007, 06:47:40 PM »

The Leaks will be celebrating their one year anniversary this coming tour ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #841 on: February 13, 2007, 06:53:20 PM »

The Leaks will be celebrating their one year anniversary this coming tour ok

The leaks will be celebrating there one year anniversary THIS MONTH.   Roll Eyes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #842 on: February 13, 2007, 06:53:59 PM »

Fans arent stupid to go see them.

Yes, they are.

Fans in this situation who keep supporting the band, yet also keep complaining about no new album coming out are like abused wives who keep going back to their abusive husbands.  They continue to be abused, because they enable the behavior with their continued presence.

If fans did not support the absurdity of continued Chinese Democracy tours, the band would have two choices:

1.  Release album
2.  Disband

But, thanks to the general stupidity at play on this issue, Axl's behavior is reinforced through fans' support, both monetarily and otherwise, giving him no reason to change his behavior.

Personally I began a boycott of the band following the 2002 disaster, and will not see them live until an album is released.  You can insult me all you want, and call me a fair-weather fan or a non-fan, or whatever you desire, but the bottom line is that I and others who have made the same call are taking the only course of action available to us.

If the band can survive without our support because there are more sheep than wolves in the GNR fold, then there's nothing more I can do but sit back, watch, hope and try to change minds.

Just remember:

"You can use you illusion-
Let it take you where it may
We live and learn
And then sometimes it's best to walk away"

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #843 on: February 13, 2007, 08:20:42 PM »

they played 3 "new" songs last time I've seen them, and 2 out of those 3 were first premiered 5 years ago...

And what % of the overall audience do think had never heard the songs before?

well, @ rir 3 nobody heard any of the songs, and they played 5 songs.... and that was 250 000 people...

but whatever.... next time I hope I hear CD and TWAT... and that's about all I want from them.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #844 on: February 13, 2007, 09:34:43 PM »

Yes, they are.

Fans in this situation who keep supporting the band, yet also keep complaining about no new album coming out are like abused wives who keep going back to their abusive husbands.? They continue to be abused, because they enable the behavior with their continued presence.

If fans did not support the absurdity of continued Chinese Democracy tours, the band would have two choices:

1.? Release album
2.? Disband

But, thanks to the general stupidity at play on this issue, Axl's behavior is reinforced through fans' support, both monetarily and otherwise, giving him no reason to change his behavior.

Personally I began a boycott of the band following the 2002 disaster, and will not see them live until an album is released.? You can insult me all you want, and call me a fair-weather fan or a non-fan, or whatever you desire, but the bottom line is that I and others who have made the same call are taking the only course of action available to us.

If the band can survive without our support because there are more sheep than wolves in the GNR fold, then there's nothing more I can do but sit back, watch, hope and try to change minds.

Just remember:

We live and learn

Dude I really don't think the majority of the fans give a shit about that. The people who go to the shows go because they want to have fun and watch a band play some kick ass rock n roll songs. There's no need to get so personal about, most of us know what to expect and what we recieve from the shows kicks ass and i really see no reason to complain. The only people who get hurt by the band are the people who make their lives revolve around the release of Chinese Democracy and whenever there's a new tenative relealse date or expected time when the album should come out they suddenly forget everything history has taught them and they act like its actually going to come out and when it doesn't they act like they never saw it comming.

And to say that is the average fan is extremely wrong, that might be the average fan on message boards but belive it or not there are other fans than the ones who visit these message boards and who don't spend large amounts of their daily lifes obsessing and analyzing GN'R's every move. They enjoy GNR for they have to offer and don't hold stupid grudges towards the band for rediculous reasons.

Also I fail to see the similarities between a wife continually being beat by her husband and not leaving him and Axl not releasing an album that we've practically heard half of already.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #845 on: February 13, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »

Yes, they are.

Fans in this situation who keep supporting the band, yet also keep complaining about no new album coming out are like abused wives who keep going back to their abusive husbands.? They continue to be abused, because they enable the behavior with their continued presence.

1.? Release album
2.? Disband

Personally I began a boycott of the band following the 2002 disaster, and will not see them live until an album is released.? You can insult me all you want, and call me a fair-weather fan or a non-fan, or whatever you desire, but the bottom line is that I and others who have made the same call are taking the only course of action available to us.

Just remember:

We live and learn

Excellent post. Intelligent and well-argued. You even got the  apostrophes right (which is not a usual  occurrence). hihi Good job.  peace
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #846 on: February 14, 2007, 11:48:57 AM »

"Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible."

If there is a delay, then we will know?
or
If there is a delay, we will now when CD is ready to launch?

I have been waiting since 91, i?m patient...
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #847 on: February 14, 2007, 11:50:20 AM »

you gonna make the thread title at least a little bit relevant to anything at all?
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #848 on: February 14, 2007, 11:52:28 AM »

It?s allmost the time. No relevance? New tour, no word...
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #849 on: February 14, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »

you gonna make the thread title at least a little bit relevant to anything at all?

I think the question mark pretty much sums it up.    ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #850 on: February 14, 2007, 11:54:42 AM »

"Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible."

If there is a delay, then we will know?
or
If there is a delay, we will now when CD is ready to launch?

I have been waiting since 91, i?m patient...

i go with the 2nd interpretation.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #851 on: February 14, 2007, 11:56:50 AM »

Since there is no word, second is the choice...
Question again, how long?

Huh
evander1129
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #852 on: February 15, 2007, 11:59:15 AM »

When will we hear something definitive on the album??? Is it coming out??? Is it postponed?Huh?

with your cocaine tounge you get nothin' done!!
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #853 on: February 15, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

If someone would know it would be written all over the place. We are all waiting for GNR to tell us and I guess we all are expecting words from GNR before March 6:th. So no one knows.
Gilby_clarke
Opening Act

GNR and Buckethead fan from sweden

« Reply #854 on: February 17, 2007, 02:40:04 PM »

This is the first time i post something here, but i was watching TV4 here in sweden and the host of the show  said "Chinese democracy is delaied" for some reason, hehe.
This was like 10 minutes ago aswell

Give it all and ask for no return
And very soon you'll see and you'll begin to learn
It's alright, yes it's alright.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: