Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why Is Axl The Crazy One?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Is Axl The Crazy One?  (Read 6770 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« on: March 23, 2007, 02:47:07 AM »

Okay, I wanted to post this in my other topic (The Reason for the Wait) but the discussion had degraded to such petty bickering, I could no longer follow what anyone was even bitching about anymore.  So here's the deal...

Why is everyone attacking Axl for taking so long to get this album out?  I know it's been a long time process.  But the fact is, he's not the only one who has taken this long to make an album.  How is it that other artists are allowed to take their time to make a new album and they're considered serious artists who are refining their craft...while Axl Rose taking an equal amount of time is somehow the crazy one?

Just to be fair, the new GNR didn't start really working on the new album until 1998.  That's 9 years ago.  so, it's been an 9-year process...look at how it compares...

Zac de la Rocha promised a solo album in 99 to come out 2000.  He promised it again for it to come out in 2001, also again in 2004 when the first track was released...but depsite recording 19 songs with Trent Reznor in 02...there's still no word of a release  BUT Axl is the reincarnate of Hugh Hefner...

In 2000, a year after Chronic 2001 was released (yes, Chronic 2001 was released in 1999), Dr. Dre promised his newest album Detox would be out in 2002...then 2003...then 2004...then 2005...then 2006...just last month there are reports it will come out in Fall 2007.  But Axl Rose is somehow the procrastinator....

Speaking of Dr. Dre, what's going on with the long-produced N.W.A. reunion album that's been recording since back in 1999!?!  But Axl Rose is the liar...

Van Halen has been promising a new album since 99 but in 8 years, Eddie has barely even left the house.  The band couldn't even pull it together for a HOF performance.  But Axl Rose is the crazy one....

Portishead has been working on their new album since 98 (9 years) but they haven't even bothered to inform their fans what's been going on.  But Axl Rose is the one who doesn't care about his fans...

It's been 7 years since the last AC/DC record, despite promising a new album since 2004...no one calls them lunatics...

The Pixies are making their first album in 16 years...no one calls them emotionally distraught...

New Order took 8 years in between albums in the 90s...no one sent them hate mail....

Q-Tip supposedly has three completed albums he's sitting on...but no one calls him selfish...

JD Salinger has been promising to release his long lost story "Hapworth 16 1924" for 15 years which has been completed since the 1960s.  Yet, he's a genius and AXL ROSE IS THE RECLUSE!!

With all these "normal" artists, why is the Axl Rose the crazy one? 

He's not.  And he never was.  He's a musician and he's just like every other musician out there.

The mistake he made was naming the album too early in the process.  When he let the world know that the new album was going to be called "Chinese Democracy," everyone thought the album was closer to completion that it really was.  Obviously, hindsight is 20/20 and he should have waited to name the album until after the recording but what's done is done.  Let's move on and get excited about the new album that is surely around the corner...

All we need is a little patience...

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 02:57:07 AM »

JD Salinger has been promising to release his long lost story "Hapworth 16 1924" for 15 years which has been completed since the 1960s.  Yet, he's a genius and AXL ROSE IS THE RECLUSE!!
You could also add no interviews since '80 no released material since '65 and he has stopped attempts to make an biography of him by lawsuits etc. Axl compared to Salinger is just a normal person!  hihi

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 02:59:58 AM »

also, few 1000 hours worth of recordings were made with slash, duff and matt, so the album was being made back in 95-96...

An album was being recorded.  I don't think that anyone is under the impression that CD will contain or even resemble any of the material that the old band was working on.

Back on topic;  Axl is craaazy because it's easier for the media to operate under that assumption than to think.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:02:58 AM by 25 » Logged
Lafayettecopssuck
Opening Act

Live your life like its a coma

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 03:13:09 AM »

I understand there was an article on the "crazy" cd's and axl was put on that list as 45 out of 10 or something, correct me if I'm wrong, by MSN music.  But the only thing I've known MSN to be good for was drunk away messages.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 04:13:33 AM »

Axl's not crazy, its the rest of the world (well, most of it) that has a problem.
It's all Good in the world of Axl  ok
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:29:08 AM by redx » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:25:41 AM »

"...reincarnate of Hugh Hefner?"  I think you meant Howard Hughes.  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 07:33:18 AM »

It is very easy to blame always the same person and it is even easier to point the finger to someone thinking we know shit when the truth is we don?t.  In my country we have a proverb " grow a name and go to sleep". It means that one day you kill 2 flies and you?ll be considered a fly killer for the rest of your days even if you killed them by accident or you didn?t kill flies anymore. Maybe with Axl happens the same, people think he?s crazy,that he is selfish and a control freak and the truth is that we don?t know him.He could be the nicest guy on earth and people would still think bad of him. I don?t know if you get what I mean.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 10:51:17 AM »

Okay, I wanted to post this in my other topic (The Reason for the Wait) but the discussion had degraded to such petty bickering, I could no longer follow what anyone was even bitching about anymore.? So here's the deal...

Why is everyone attacking Axl for taking so long to get this album out?? I know it's been a long time process.? But the fact is, he's not the only one who has taken this long to make an album.? How is it that other artists are allowed to take their time to make a new album and they're considered serious artists who are refining their craft...while Axl Rose taking an equal amount of time is somehow the crazy one?

Just to be fair, the new GNR didn't start really working on the new album until 1998.? That's 9 years ago.? so, it's been an 9-year process...look at how it compares...

Zac de la Rocha promised a solo album in 99 to come out 2000.? He promised it again for it to come out in 2001, also again in 2004 when the first track was released...but depsite recording 19 songs with Trent Reznor in 02...there's still no word of a release? BUT Axl is the reincarnate of Hugh Hefner...

In 2000, a year after Chronic 2001 was released (yes, Chronic 2001 was released in 1999), Dr. Dre promised his newest album Detox would be out in 2002...then 2003...then 2004...then 2005...then 2006...just last month there are reports it will come out in Fall 2007.? But Axl Rose is somehow the procrastinator....

Speaking of Dr. Dre, what's going on with the long-produced N.W.A. reunion album that's been recording since back in 1999!?!? But Axl Rose is the liar...

Van Halen has been promising a new album since 99 but in 8 years, Eddie has barely even left the house.? The band couldn't even pull it together for a HOF performance.? But Axl Rose is the crazy one....

Portishead has been working on their new album since 98 (9 years) but they haven't even bothered to inform their fans what's been going on.? But Axl Rose is the one who doesn't care about his fans...

It's been 7 years since the last AC/DC record, despite promising a new album since 2004...no one calls them lunatics...

The Pixies are making their first album in 16 years...no one calls them emotionally distraught...

New Order took 8 years in between albums in the 90s...no one sent them hate mail....

Q-Tip supposedly has three completed albums he's sitting on...but no one calls him selfish...

JD Salinger has been promising to release his long lost story "Hapworth 16 1924" for 15 years which has been completed since the 1960s.? Yet, he's a genius and AXL ROSE IS THE RECLUSE!!

With all these "normal" artists, why is the Axl Rose the crazy one??

He's not.? And he never was.? He's a musician and he's just like every other musician out there.

The mistake he made was naming the album too early in the process.? When he let the world know that the new album was going to be called "Chinese Democracy," everyone thought the album was closer to completion that it really was.? Obviously, hindsight is 20/20 and he should have waited to name the album until after the recording but what's done is done.? Let's move on and get excited about the new album that is surely around the corner...

All we need is a little patience...

You are wrong.

Salinger might be a genious, but he is definitly a recluse!!!

Q-Tip has three albums completed. Well I`ve got 4 and nobody cares about them either.

Dr Dre might be promising his new album for a couple of years, but although he hasn`t delivered it yet, he is out there and doing stuff, producing records, making music for other artists, collaborating with Eminem, drinking Cristal...

I could go on like that, but I won`t. Face it Axl is definitly a little crazy, but we`ll love him no matter what
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 11:44:32 AM »

Dre might take more media flack if he had been on 4 legs of the "Detox" world tour since 2001 one without the actual existance of the album Detox. Or if he had shown up at an awards show to preview a new song from Detox 5 years ago without still releasing it. Had he done all of those things without releasing an album there would probably be more pressure on him than there is now.
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 12:05:36 PM »

Dre might take more media flack if he had been on 4 legs of the "Detox" world tour since 2001 one without the actual existance of the album Detox. Or if he had shown up at an awards show to preview a new song from Detox 5 years ago without still releasing it. Had he done all of those things without releasing an album there would probably be more pressure on him than there is now.

Or if he would state several times, that Detox is 99,999999% finished and that all it needs are some finishing touches.
Or if he was selling "Detox starts now T-shirts" since 2001
Or if he would have several different producers and composers (not mentioning guitarists and drumers) working on the album.
Or if there were reports of him spending XX million $ on the album...

Once again I could go on..
acompleteunknown
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »

Five Years ago....

In an interview with MTV in 2002, Dr. Dre explained that "I'm not talking about lowriders and blunts and all that anymore... I mean, that's played. As a matter of fact, I'm tired of hearing other people talk about it, to tell you the truth... I had to come up with something different but still keep it hardcore, so what I decided to do was make my album one story about one person and just do the record through a character's eyes, and everybody that appears on my album is going to be a character, so it's basically going to be a hip-hop musical".

Today...

On February 18, 2007, Dr. Dre called in to L.A. radio station Power 106 to discuss Detox. He announced that the album is to be released in 2007, although he is not certain on the month, and stated that he has completed 18 potential tracks for the album, but that the final album would only include 12 to 13. Dr. Dre also mentioned that upstarts Bishop Lamont and Slim the Mobster will be featured on it, and that he'd like to include anyone he has ever worked with.[3] RZA also recently confirmed he has produced a track for Dre that featured Marsha from Floetry, which may or may not be on Detox.

Sound familiar?

ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 01:06:56 PM »

Zac de la Rocha promised a solo album in 99 to come out 2000.? He promised it again for it to come out in 2001, also again in 2004 when the first track was released...but depsite recording 19 songs with Trent Reznor in 02...there's still no word of a release? BUT Axl is the reincarnate of Hugh Hefner...

I think its generally accepted, even by his most loyal of fans, that Zack doesnt have much of a carrer outside Rage Against the Machine. Unlike Axl, who can still sell tickets without the aid of his former bandmates, Zack can't and this is why the reunion (which happened this year) was still on the cards (in the minds of fans) even when Audioslave were playing the festival circut. Zack and Trent have both freely admitted that Zack is "not ready to make a record" but he has released a track in 2002, 2003, 2004 and played some original material in Oct 2005. Axl has not officially released any new material since 1999, when the song he did realise was said only to be a demo, so we've recieved no official studio material since Nov 23rd 1993 and even Spinal Tap have managed to release one song in the last 15 years

In 2000, a year after Chronic 2001 was released (yes, Chronic 2001 was released in 1999), Dr. Dre promised his newest album Detox would be out in 2002...then 2003...then 2004...then 2005...then 2006...just last month there are reports it will come out in Fall 2007.? But Axl Rose is somehow the procrastinator....

In 2000 Dr Dre won a Grammy for Producer of the year, Axl has never won a Grammy to the best of my knowledge, and Dre also kept himself quite busy with writing, producing, mixing and running a record label (Aftermath). He actually said that the album Detox was cancelled in 2004 because he was so busy working with other artists, and only announced a new released date and a renewed activiation in the project recently

Speaking of Dr. Dre, what's going on with the long-produced N.W.A. reunion album that's been recording since back in 1999!?!? But Axl Rose is the liar...

Since the death of Eazy-E from AIDS in 1995, the N.W.A. prob wont ever 'get back together', as a reunion would simply cause problems. Eazy was the founding member of the group, and stayed in it through every incarnation, so the chances of a popular reunion album attracting fans would seem unlikely.

Van Halen has been promising a new album since 99 but in 8 years, Eddie has barely even left the house.? The band couldn't even pull it together for a HOF performance.? But Axl Rose is the crazy one....]

In 1998 Eddie Van Halen performed solo guitar work in a song on the Legend of 1900 soundtrack with Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) on vocals. During 2000, the band secretly started working with David Lee Roth, a number of new tracks were worked on at 5150. However, Roth and the band fell out yet again and no new material was released. In 1999, Eddie Van Halen reluctantly had hip replacement surgery (when the pain became unbearable). He also underwent cancer treatment soon after (at the Mayo Clinic) and announced his complete recovery on the official website in May 2002. In July 2004, Van Halen released their second Greatest Hits compilation, featuring three new songs with Hagar: "It's About Time", "Up For Breakfast", and "Learning to See." Again, public reaction to the new songs was mixed. The track list had changed since its unveiling, and now Hagar and Roth songs alternated instead of one disc for each singer; a disappointing strategy for fans who prefer (often strongly) one singer over the other. No VHIII songs made it onto the disc. Nevertheless, Van Halen's second Greatest Hits record would be certified platinum in August 2004. Guns N Roses havent released a studio album since 1993, and I think you can forgive Eddie, since his wife of 21 years left him and he got cancer in the same year he can be forgiven for taking a while off.

AC/DC re-released all their back catalogue and have continued to tour in that time, GNR have not been touring continiously for the past 7 years

The Pixies are making their first album in 16 years...no one calls them emotionally distraught......

The Pixies are only beginning to record their album, they've been broken up for years!

New Order took 8 years in between albums in the 90s...no one sent them hate mail......

New Order broke up between albums

Sorry, but I'm sick of having Patience, deliver the bloody album Axl and lets get on with our lives

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
acompleteunknown
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 01:32:01 PM »

I think its generally accepted, even by his most loyal of fans, that Zack doesnt have much of a carrer outside Rage Against the Machine. Unlike Axl, who can still sell tickets without the aid of his former bandmates, Zack can't and this is why the reunion (which happened this year) was still on the cards (in the minds of fans) even when Audioslave were playing the festival circut. Zack and Trent have both freely admitted that Zack is "not ready to make a record" but he has released a track in 2002, 2003, 2004 and played some original material in Oct 2005.

A promise is a promise.  The album's done...where is it?

Axl has not officially released any new material since 1999, when the song he did realise was said only to be a demo, so we've recieved no official studio material since Nov 23rd 1993 and even Spinal Tap have managed to release one song in the last 15 years

Oh My God isn't an official release?  What about Live Era?

In 2000 Dr Dre won a Grammy for Producer of the year, Axl has never won a Grammy to the best of my knowledge, and Dre also kept himself quite busy with writing, producing, mixing and running a record label (Aftermath). He actually said that the album Detox was cancelled in 2004 because he was so busy working with other artists, and only announced a new released date and a renewed activiation in the project recently

2000 was 7 years ago.  Who cares about winning a Grammy?

Since the death of Eazy-E from AIDS in 1995, the N.W.A. prob wont ever 'get back together', as a reunion would simply cause problems. Eazy was the founding member of the group, and stayed in it through every incarnation, so the chances of a popular reunion album attracting fans would seem unlikely.

The band reunited in 2001 and recorded two new tracks with Snoop filling in for EZ.  A full length album was promised to follow.

In 1998 Eddie Van Halen performed solo guitar work....and I think you can forgive Eddie, since his wife of 21 years left him and he got cancer in the same year he can be forgiven for taking a while off.

Axl's band quit on him.  He had to start over from scratch.

AC/DC re-released all their back catalogue and have continued to tour in that time, GNR have not been touring continiously for the past 7 years

one tour...hmmm...GNR's had two.

The Pixies are only beginning to record their album, they've been broken up for years!

They've been back together for almost 5 years now.

New Order broke up between albums

nope, never broke up...still toured during that time.

KOK
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 01:47:12 PM »

Five Years ago....

In an interview with MTV in 2002, Dr. Dre explained that "I'm not talking about lowriders and blunts and all that anymore... I mean, that's played. As a matter of fact, I'm tired of hearing other people talk about it, to tell you the truth... I had to come up with something different but still keep it hardcore, so what I decided to do was make my album one story about one person and just do the record through a character's eyes, and everybody that appears on my album is going to be a character, so it's basically going to be a hip-hop musical".

Today...

On February 18, 2007, Dr. Dre called in to L.A. radio station Power 106 to discuss Detox. He announced that the album is to be released in 2007, although he is not certain on the month, and stated that he has completed 18 potential tracks for the album, but that the final album would only include 12 to 13. Dr. Dre also mentioned that upstarts Bishop Lamont and Slim the Mobster will be featured on it, and that he'd like to include anyone he has ever worked with.[3] RZA also recently confirmed he has produced a track for Dre that featured Marsha from Floetry, which may or may not be on Detox.

Sound familiar?

Similar, but not the same, Axl is definitly raising the crazyness bar to world record hights. And I`m sure there are people on Dr Dre`s board that are bitching about it.

Another man`s crazy behavior, doesn`t justify Axl. This thread is like saying that Curt Cobain was a completly sane person, when he blew his brains out, because there are also other people, who take their lives.
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 03:39:02 PM »

• A promise is a promise.  The album's done...where is it?
    Oh My God isn't an official release?  What about Live Era?
    2000 was 7 years ago.  Who cares about winning a Grammy?
    The band reunited in 2001 and recorded two new tracks with Snoop filling in for EZ.  A full length album was promised to follow.
    In 1998 Eddie Van Halen performed solo guitar work....and I think you can forgive Eddie, since his wife of 21 years left him and he got cancer in the same year he can be forgiven for taking a while off.
    Axl's band quit on him.  He had to start over from scratch.
    one tour...hmmm...GNR's had two.

I couldnt agree more with what you said at the start, the album is finished, so where the hell is it. Stop this bullshit and release the album.

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 12:29:20 AM »

Maybe not  crazy, but odd events seem to follow him and his band everywhere, and not all can be  attributed  to a hostile  media. I  think he is cursed. Or maybe it was the abuse he experienced  as  a  child. Anyway, he seems far from normal.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: