Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The reason we're waiting....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The reason we're waiting....  (Read 43594 times)
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2007, 04:32:42 PM »

Axl says a lot of different things so I wouldn't use a year old quote to say how many tracks are gonna be on the album.
The last time he said 13 tracks, there were many numbers before that, I guess we'll have to wait...

The number of tracks may differ, but hardly in the sense that it becomes a second or third disc.
It could. I doubt it, but anythings possible.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »

CD will be a double album.  ok
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2007, 04:35:24 PM »

Been telling everyone all along - this most likely isn't ging to be a single CD of 13 tracks.? I would imagine a minimum of a double-album if not a 3-Cd set.? Whether it will be sold sold seperately or packaged as one set is anyone's guess, but i would bet 2-3 CD's.?

That's very highly unlikely for a number of reasons.

Really?Huh LOL? I gotta hear this...start listing the reasons.

Axl said so

Why are you even here? You seem depressingly bitter with your negativity in every post.

How about you stay the fuck away from me if you don't have anything usefull to say.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2007, 04:36:45 PM »

Axl says a lot of different things so I wouldn't use a year old quote to say how many tracks are gonna be on the album.
The last time he said 13 tracks, there were many numbers before that, I guess we'll have to wait...

The number of tracks may differ, but hardly in the sense that it becomes a second or third disc.
It could. I doubt it, but anythings possible.

I wouldn't say anything. The best deal for the record company is to shelf out albums with intervalls so they can maximize sales, I don't think Axl got the leverage anymore to push through something against their will, and I don't think he wants to either.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2007, 04:37:05 PM »

CD will be a double album. ?

A double album would be more expensive to purchase. ?The record company knows that if it's more expensive, people who are on the fence about buying something new from a band that hasn't released anything in so long they may lean against buying it.

That's the most obvious reason why it's unlikely to be a double album. ?Another reason is we've never really heard any indication from the band that it will be more than one album. ?Also, double albums are sort of rare these days, aren't they?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »

Another brilliant post. It's pretty funny how the only well thought-out and intelligent posts around here are written by Axl supporters. For all you worthless piece of shit haters who talk about how Axl is too "insecure" to release the album, fuck off, the band doesn't need your support.

Actually, it does, because "whiners" have always been right, but also have always been loyal. Everytime someone says the album won't be out by such-and-such, they're called a whiner. And yet, every single fucking time they've been right. If the band is not held accountable, it will continue to tread water. Sadly, it seems that action is only taken by fans nowadays. In 91, there were the other band members to say 'enough is enough, let's release this' but now that doesn't seem to happen.

Maybe you're so optimistic because you've been here one whole month and a half (wow-ee!).

By the way, you never told me what you thought of the OMG press release that I used earlier in this thrad. Please let me know what you think, oh great, wise one.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »

Gn'R can't pull of a double album.

They aren't on the same popularity level as the Chili Peppers no more.
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2007, 04:43:14 PM »

my mums dog died today, could do with some good news to cheer me up!!! you listening Mr Rose?Huh??
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2007, 04:45:14 PM »

my mums dog died today, could do with some good news to cheer me up!!! you listening Mr Rose?Huh??
Yep, he's definitely gonna release something soon now.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2007, 04:47:22 PM »

Holy fuck man!!!   rant

I can't believe all of the fucked-up little mini-wars that are constantly going on around here with some of you dudes.   confused

It's really not getting any of us anywhere and not changing a single fucking thing.   confused

Can't everybody try to calm down a bit and stop being so bitter about this shit???   Huh

peace beer smoking
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2007, 04:47:49 PM »

Actually, it does, because "whiners" have always been right, but also have always been loyal. Everytime someone says the album won't be out by such-and-such, they're called a whiner. And yet, every single fucking time they've been right.

Hard to say that this isn't a good point, no matter what side of the issue you're on.

yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2007, 04:51:06 PM »

Gn'R can't pull of a double album.

They aren't on the same popularity level as the Chili Peppers no more.

Are you kidding me???  LOL  the chili peppers are ok and all but if people walked into a Best Buy and saw three volumes of new GNR albums on the shelf with the right marketing push they would outsell the chili peppers three times over - even if the albums were packaged together or seperately.  Sorry, but i gotta disagree with you here.  This album, though painstakingly long in development, has become legendary and it will sell.  If the marketing and first single along with video hit right, it could easily get to the top of the charts and stay there for a bit.  But, we'll see.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2007, 04:54:50 PM »

^ People won't spend 30-40 dollars on a band that's had as much negative press (and if anyone remembers that VMA performance  nervous ) as Axl's new GN'R has.

One disc could do well on the charts with a good marketing plan, but a double or triple album would never be allowed by the record company. Best thing to hope for is a release the following year of unused material.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2007, 04:57:23 PM »

or maybe brand new material!!!!
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »

Are you kidding me??? ?LOL ?the chili peppers are ok and all but if people walked into a Best Buy and saw three volumes of new GNR albums on the shelf with the right marketing push they would outsell the chili peppers three times over - even if the albums were packaged together or seperately. ?Sorry, but i gotta disagree with you here. ?This album, though painstakingly long in development, has become legendary and it will sell. ?If the marketing and first single along with video hit right, it could easily get to the top of the charts and stay there for a bit. ?But, we'll see.

But that caveat is really the key, isn't it. ?The marketing has to be much heavier than just the "proper marketing" we have heard about. ?It would have to be pretty insane for this band. ?I'm talking lots of interviews to lots of different mediums and lots of public (televised) performances and such for a long, very consistant amount of time before the album is released. ?Not just the blurbs we get on the website hinting at a release and scattered articles here and there that frankly lean more to the "GNR...who cares" side of the fence. ?I just don't see that happening, and I don't want that happening. ?If that was going to be done, then the album would not be as imminent as alot of people around here seem to think.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »

I'd have no problem with anything in the GNR world right now if it weren't for the snottyness of you and others who jump on anyone who aren't completely in love with everything Axl does.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

The problem is that you're not "in love" with anything about the band. Or at least you won't post about it if you are.

So you stick to the old "whine, bitch, moan and repeat" routine.

So everything you hear on TV, or read in a magazine is real, huh? Just believe what your told? Don't question or criticize? Riiiight? ?Roll Eyes

No, but you don't seem to believe anything unless it's something negative.

People like you are often criticizing and questioning what the band says while believing what people who weren't present say.

I'm not disregarding real news, I'm holding out a bit of healthy skepticism. And that doesn't make me any less of a fan, or make me a "hater".
 peace

Yes you are. You and others who say it's the same as in 2001 are disregarding the news that the recording of the album has been finished.

What the fuck is real news? If it's on GN'R's official site it's not real?

/jarmo

Oh, where do I begin... Boo-fucking-hoo, nice touch, and so ironic hihi

Of course I love this band, and you can find many, many posts of mine over the years where I've displayed that love... but what else can I say about them? There's nothing really new going on. I'm not just going to keep showing my affection over and over, repeat. Am I excited the album is finished? Yeah, but I'm not going to blow my load over it because I KNOW and YOU KNOW Axl could change his mind at any time and go back and record again. That's a fact, and its a very real possibility.

Am I going to drop to my knees and worship at the temple of Axl because Del gave a blurb update and because a tour I already knew was happening was announced? Fuck no. That's fucking lame as all get out. I'm not going to post my undying devotion to a band over that. That's like all the shameless "I love jarmo" "jamo is so awesome" posts that pop up. Sad. It's good that they're updating, but its what they're updating that matters. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they do update. I'm very happy. I appreciate it. But I'll save the cartwheels for when they update something I care about. Does being a fan mean I have to care about some update reguarding some stupid ass band making comments about Axl's security? No.

What the fuck is real news? If it's on GN'R's official site it's not real?

Uh, cookoo...cookoo...cookoo...

I'd like to know where I've called the band or Axl a liar. I have supported him, and actually disproved negative rumors before. Thank you. But lets look back and I'll show you why I might hold doubt about news or updates coming from GNR:

GNR has announced tours that Axl didn't seem to know about.

GNR has not finished a tour since 2001 for various said and unsaid reasons.

GNR has said the album would be released (insert year/season here) several times over the years.

People within GNR seem to have a history of undermining Axl and issuing statements he is not aware of, approves of, or has any knowledge of.

Things have been sheduled and announced, then disappear for unknown reasons never to be heard about again.

Chinese Democracy has been in the "Finishing Touches" stage for 6 years.

So when something is announced I do doubt it and I don't get my hopes up. Even though I truly believe he will release it, when the release date is announced I will still have some doubt that it will meet that date because of the above.

And I hold doubt about everything I hear outside GNR and I don't just believe negative. I'm just not going to believe everything that's come out of GNR, either.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:55:56 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2007, 06:53:46 PM »

GNR has not finished a tour since 2001 for various said and unsaid reasons

GNR has said the album would be released (insert year/season here) several times over the years.

People within GNR seem to have a history of undermining Axl and issuing things he is not aware of, or has any knowledge of.

Things have been sheduled and announced, then disappear for unknown reasons never to be heard about again.

If the emphasized points above are accurate, don't they contribute greatly to the multitude of problems and reversals which have hurt the band's reputation with both the media and it's fans?
In many cases where shows were announced or the album was said to be "X percent finished," hasn't it tended to be by people outside of the actual band who, when their plans backfire horribly, claim that they were trying to motivate the band (or Axl specifically) or hurry the release along, or simply make money from ticket sales. With the exception of last year's debacle, neither the band nor the record label have endorsed the many, many speculative stories about the album being close to release. They have been entirely non-committal, and when you look at how things tend to have turned out it seems to be the best approach.

Granted, if it was up to the band we would have heard no news on the album for years at a time. On the other hand, would the fans and media be so jaded towards the project if outsiders hadn't been stirring things up every couple of months?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2007, 07:20:38 PM »

Of course I love this band, and you can find many, many posts of mine over the years where I've displayed that love... but what else can I say about them?

Over the years?

You mean we'd have to go back years to find posts to see that you actually like this band?

There's nothing really new going on.

Ok. So, why exactly are you here then?

What exactly are you doing on this board since nothing new is going on?

You like to come here to feel cool because you're unable to get excited about the band playing live shows without you in the audience?

I'm not just going to keep showing my affection over and over, repeat. Am I excited the album is finished? Yeah, but I'm not going to blow my load over it because I KNOW and YOU KNOW Axl could change his mind at any time and go back and record again. That's a fact, and its a very real possibility.

Your posts don't show any kind of excitement.

More like the opposite with your "it's the same as in 2001" posts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they do update. I'm very happy. I appreciate it.

Wow, you appreciate it but it took a while for you to admit it.

Now that wasn't too difficult was it?

But I'll save the cartwheels for when they update something I care about. Does being a fan mean I have to care about some update reguarding some stupid ass band making comments about Axl's security? No.

Now you're once again downplaying something good. It's great, but remember that it's not that great!

Right?

You mean in 2001?

It's 2007 now.

What did they do in 2006 then?

I guess you're gonna say the North American tour was cancelled because they cancelled a few shows at the end of the tour.

But in that case, did you miss the European tour?

Or maybe it doesn't count because Axl missed 1.5 songs at the end of the show?

True.

But did they ever give a tentative release date or say the recording was finished?

See above.

See above.

So when something is announced I do doubt it and I don't get my hopes up. Even though I truly believe he will release it, when the release date is announced I will still have some doubt that it will meet that date because of the above.

Well, I don't believe a release date unless it comes from a reliable source. Does that mean I have to post whiny posts day after day on this board?

I know the album will be out as soon as possible, and that's good enough for me.

But for some of you, it seems like it's not good enough. You seem to use that lack of a release date as a reason to come here and whine about everything.

I just can't relate to that.

If you don't care about the tours, if you think there's nothing going on with this band in 2007, why do you come here?

If the band hasn't managed to do anything right since 2001, why do you come here?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »

HA! All Haters ahem;polluxim,MrID;cough.........PRINT this out and duct-tape it to your forehead, the next time you are TEMPTED to rattle on with

negative BULLSHIT.....pull it off and read it!!!!

NICELY SAID!!!
KUDOS!

WC

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2007, 07:52:05 PM »

Of course I love this band, and you can find many, many posts of mine over the years where I've displayed that love... but what else can I say about them?

Over the years?

You mean we'd have to go back years to find posts to see that you actually like this band?

There's nothing really new going on.

Ok. So, why exactly are you here then?

What exactly are you doing on this board since nothing new is going on?

You like to come here to feel cool because you're unable to get excited about the band playing live shows without you in the audience?

I'm not just going to keep showing my affection over and over, repeat. Am I excited the album is finished? Yeah, but I'm not going to blow my load over it because I KNOW and YOU KNOW Axl could change his mind at any time and go back and record again. That's a fact, and its a very real possibility.

Your posts don't show any kind of excitement.

More like the opposite with your "it's the same as in 2001" posts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they do update. I'm very happy. I appreciate it.

Wow, you appreciate it but it took a while for you to admit it.

Now that wasn't too difficult was it?

But I'll save the cartwheels for when they update something I care about. Does being a fan mean I have to care about some update reguarding some stupid ass band making comments about Axl's security? No.

Now you're once again downplaying something good. It's great, but remember that it's not that great!

Right?

You mean in 2001?

It's 2007 now.

What did they do in 2006 then?

I guess you're gonna say the North American tour was cancelled because they cancelled a few shows at the end of the tour.

But in that case, did you miss the European tour?

Or maybe it doesn't count because Axl missed 1.5 songs at the end of the show?

True.

But did they ever give a tentative release date or say the recording was finished?

See above.

See above.

Well, I don't believe a release date unless it comes from a reliable source. Does that mean I have to post whiny posts day after day on this board?

I know the album will be out as soon as possible, and that's good enough for me.

But for some of you, it seems like it's not good enough. You seem to use that lack of a release date as a reason to come here and whine about everything.

I just can't relate to that.

If you don't care about the tours, if you think there's nothing going on with this band in 2007, why do you come here?

If the band hasn't managed to do anything right since 2001, why do you come here?

/jarmo

Hello, McFly, McFly, anyone home?

Nice try on twisting my words. Too bad your argument is so fucking weak that you had to stoop to that, and give such lame responses. What do you want me to say jarmo? What kind of post would make me a true fan? Please tell me.

Its not 2001 anymore? I was showing you a track record, since you seem to have no clue what one is. Here -- You date a girl, she lies and cheats on you, you see her again years later, you have a good time with her... She would almost be perfect to marry IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW HER TRACKRECORD. hihi

The Chinese Democracy tour, as a whole, never finished. But that's neither here nor there, because I do understand that's who this band is. But when they piss me off I'm going to say it.

imo, the band has hardly done anything right since 2001, but thats my opinion and no one is going to control my opinion. I know how much you hate that. I love the new band and the new music, I just hate some people around them, how those people treat their fans, and I hate a lot of fans too. I try not to let those people taint my view of the band, but it is difficult.

I have posted my love for this band over and over. I come here to check out the posts, see what's going on. I don't hardly post here anymore, but there is some entertainment here from the Axlites. We know how interesting posting about Axl's clothes and how much we love Madagascar is. Hey, lets start an appreciation thread again!

I love the band, but I don't worship blindly.

And since when has wanting to hear a bands album been a bad thing? If they can't handle criticism Axl should have picked another line of work. You put yourself out there you are going to be commented on. That's life.

There is no criteria to being a fan. Maybe if the whining is getting to you, you should take a look at yourself. Are you a fan, or a pawn desperate in your overcompinsation to appease the band? If I was a judgemental prick I might try to tell people that's not a "true fan".

HA! All Haters ahem;polluxim,MrID;cough.........PRINT this out and duct-tape it to your forehead, the next time you are TEMPTED to rattle on with

negative BULLSHIT.....pull it off and read it!!!!

NICELY SAID!!!
KUDOS!

WC

Look mommy, someone left the cage door open!

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: