Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:09:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 156456 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #1100 on: January 20, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »

this wait for chinese democracy is seriously annoying.

i have been waiting so fucking long its unbelievable.

i never thought in a million years that i would see a led zeppelin reunion before seeing chinese democracy in the record stores.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #1101 on: January 21, 2008, 04:14:53 PM »

this wait for chinese democracy is seriously annoying.

i have been waiting so fucking long its unbelievable.

i never thought in a million years that i would see a led zeppelin reunion before seeing chinese democracy in the record stores.

So far in the wait for CD we have had

Rage Against The Machine
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd

Reunions....wow never thought of it like that lmao! hihi
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #1102 on: January 22, 2008, 09:58:37 AM »

... Stone Temple Pilots on the way.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1103 on: January 23, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »

lmao

this is so ridiculous.

Since Gn'R's last album of anything, we've saw Shannon Hoon die, the band break up, then come back 13 years later, and still... still no album from Axl Rose.

Pathetic.

Truly

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1104 on: January 23, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »

I agree!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1105 on: January 23, 2008, 02:44:07 PM »

lmao

this is so ridiculous.

Since Gn'R's last album of anything, we've saw Shannon Hoon die, the band break up, then come back 13 years later, and still... still no album from Axl Rose.

Pathetic.

Truly

I agree!

Not nearly as pathetic as having 826 and 168 posts respectively on a fan site of the band that you feel that way about.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1106 on: January 23, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »

Not nearly as pathetic as having 826 and 168 posts respectively on a fan site of the band that you feel that way about.  Roll Eyes

It IS the frustration thread . . .  Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1107 on: January 23, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »

I merged his post with this thread since it makes sense to post it here, not in the main GN'R section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1108 on: January 23, 2008, 04:36:47 PM »

i'm so frustrated Sad my anus hurts Sad  Axl rose hates me Sad   i'm going to go cut my wrists now.  smoking

fixed. As far as I can see all the bitches are male.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1109 on: January 24, 2008, 11:44:14 AM »

I merged his post with this thread since it makes sense to post it here, not in the main GN'R section.

/jarmo

Oh - well yeah, what GypsySoul said then!
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1110 on: February 01, 2008, 06:00:21 PM »

It's extremely fucking frustrating how Axl or record label or both! can't just lay down the line.
It's stupid and disrespectful of  them to just keep the GNR fans and world in dark.
It's stupid GNR fans have to rely on shady 6 word  emails from er, non-Axl GNR members or even shadier statements from misc insiders

Why the fuck can't Axl just sit down next to his computer and invest 15 mins in writing a "Hi guys! ok, look here is the deal.."-  type of a clarification? Or why won't a record  label excutive person do that?(assuming it REALLY is only because of the record label. which i just don't believe.) Or both.

Oh yeah. I am very sorry. I forgot that it's all...
"...because this is GNR!11!! You should have gotten used to them doing their things in their own way!"
Sure.Ok.Whatever. You can believe and repeat that mantra to your grave. It does nothing to the fact that it is stupid, fucking annoying and disrespectful towards  GNR fans that it is suddenly whole new year again and the said fans don't have  any 1st hand info or slightest of  fucking glue about what is really going on. Business as usual.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1111 on: February 13, 2008, 12:23:32 AM »

It's extremely fucking frustrating how Axl or record label or both! can't just lay down the line.
It's stupid and disrespectful of  them to just keep the GNR fans and world in dark.
It's stupid GNR fans have to rely on shady 6 word  emails from er, non-Axl GNR members or even shadier statements from misc insiders

Why the fuck can't Axl just sit down next to his computer and invest 15 mins in writing a "Hi guys! ok, look here is the deal.."-  type of a clarification? Or why won't a record  label excutive person do that?(assuming it REALLY is only because of the record label. which i just don't believe.) Or both.

Oh yeah. I am very sorry. I forgot that it's all...
"...because this is GNR!11!! You should have gotten used to them doing their things in their own way!"
Sure.Ok.Whatever. You can believe and repeat that mantra to your grave. It does nothing to the fact that it is stupid, fucking annoying and disrespectful towards  GNR fans that it is suddenly whole new year again and the said fans don't have  any 1st hand info or slightest of  fucking glue about what is really going on. Business as usual.

Quoted For Truth

if axl doesnt want to release it, fine. i agree with the people who say he doesn't owe us anything. of course he doesnt. but what bothers me is that we keep getting teased with this over and over. like the "14 tuesdsays left" bullshit etc. and i do agree, it wouldn't hurt to have an updated a little more.

o well. this'll be a (hopefully) interesting year.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:27:37 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
ben9785
« Reply #1112 on: February 26, 2008, 09:29:13 PM »

This has to be the year. Regardless of all the previous speculation, press releases, reports etc..

Things just seem to have fallen too much into place for the album not to be released.

To our understanding, the recordings are finished, or at least, the album intended for release is completely finished and ready for release tomorrow if they wanted.

Axl's chemistry with the band has grown and he seems to be very happy with the current lineup.

He's toured across most of the world, even as far out as here in Australia, basically to say "yeah fuckers I'm still alive, oh yeah, and here's some new music, chew on that for a while because there's more to come yet".

Aside from a tour, which is only a minor significance - If the album, or a single/EP at the very least does not surface in 2008, then I will really start to wonder if we will ever see it..

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1113 on: February 27, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »

Honestly, I think its possible to have nothing this year but a press release. Dealing with the business side can be a pain in the ass.. Still, I will keep supporting and, even with all the advices, waiting for the new album.

slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #1114 on: February 27, 2008, 08:13:55 PM »

I ll be fine with a press release as long as it says the exact date for the CD to come out

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #1115 on: March 09, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »

Its now March 2008

I remember March 2001

March 2002

Anyone remember March 2006?

Its now March 2008......I try not to think about it much anymore...but, this is beyond ridiculous. Even me...the ultimate supporter of Axl all over the internet...even me....im starting to give up.

Its March 200 EIGHT!!!!!!!!! 2 thousand and fckn eight....incredible....remember us back in 2004, waiting....2005...waiting...

We are not talking months here....we're talking year apon year apon year apon year etc. etc.

I just dont get it anymore.....it doesnt take 4 months to figure out how to release an album. Something is obviously wrong again....and at this point, im not even sure it even matters anymore.

the time to release this was November 2006. The 2nd album should have been talked about at this point...

Axl said March 2007. Its March 2008. Axl said in 1999 the music was being worked on. Im sorry, this is just beyond crazy......

anyone jumping ship?
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #1116 on: March 10, 2008, 11:13:48 PM »

^^ Good post. In a way I given up on the new GN'R. It's hard to support a Band who's singer sabotages his own CD. But I just listen to some old GN'R, And it gets me pumped again.

Iv'e given up on waiting. I just don't care if he releases it or not, Cause obviously Axl doesn't. If it happens, then it happens. If it don't, then it don't. I just enjoy the music from them I DO have.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1117 on: March 12, 2008, 08:37:12 PM »

At this point I think Axl should NOT call it Chi Dem.   There should be some sort of funeral for Chi Dem and then he should just release a fucking CD of good music (and clearly there IS good music that he's made!).

After such a long wait I think that AT BEST the reviews will be "Good CD, but worth waiting 15 years for?? No".

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #1118 on: March 17, 2008, 11:59:47 AM »

No CD, and I mean "None" is worth waiting 15 years for. Fortunately my existence doesn't hinge on the release of Chinese Democracy. That being said, I am off to do things that matter, unlike this silly thread.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #1119 on: May 20, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »

Are they still in neogations ??

Yes

Embarrassed

Somewhere in the corner of a dark room a record company exec is sitting with a slab of rock and a cold steel chisel, "What's our latest offer to Mr.Rose again? I need to get it etched into this piece of stone asap so that we can strap to the turtles back and send him on his way to the Malibu mansion!! - Oh crap, I added an extra zero to that number! I gotta start the 5 hour process over again?!"

Everything just seems to be moving at a snails pace.  Cry

So turtles are as slow as snails?

Times have changed. Both parties are wanting what is best for them is a completely different era to the last album release.

How is this any different than what any other artist goes thru? Seriously, GN'R aren't the first band to dispute the manner of an album release. I have to be honest, GN'R have a bit of a track record here. Prince, Niel Young, and countless others have had the same struggle. All I'm hearing is 14 years worth of excuses. If I were in a position to release the album, I would bite the bullet, get the damn thing released and move forward. I'm suspect I'm not the only who feels this way judging by the talent pool that have left the band from the frustration of spinning wheels. Enough's enough. Release the frigging album, it may have been world changing ground breaking stuff 10 years ago but every day this drags out the less relavent the band and the album are. Seriously, GN'R are a laughing stock, every time I wear my GN'R shirt to MMA class someone makes a GN'R, CD or Axl Joke.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: