Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 156455 times)
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1120 on: June 30, 2008, 02:18:07 PM »

This thing has to sell about a Million copies to even cover the Production costs and break even. 20 years ago this wouldn't have been a problem. Unfortunately it's a new day. Not nearly as many hardcore core fans left. Even if the CD came out today it would probably be labeled a dismal failure just based on Sales numbers alone. It's difficult for aging rockers to recapture their glory days when they haven't kept their hand in the industry nearly as much as they should have. They tour for one year and then vanish for two. No new music is being promoted. Nothing new on the radio for 17 years and now you've got a whole new generation who barely knows who Guns n Roses even are. It's not a promising scenario for anybody invoved.  Axl realizes this. He's not stupid. The record company knows this too. They arn't stupid either. At this point I think it's come down to figuring out how to release this material withoutout looking like total failures. So far nobody has come up with a solution to that problem. Therefore we've got a CD on the shelf that nobody quite knows what to do with that the moment. That is where it will remain until somebody comes up with a bright idea. I wish them luck.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #1121 on: September 18, 2008, 12:41:58 PM »

I've read many posts here in regards to the long awaited cd. Some of them positive. ANd some negative. But do you think we just all need that cd because right now we don't have anyone in the music business who is really popular that conveys our feelings of anti-establishment?Huh
I think many of us including me really need that 'thing' that will allow us to blow off some major steam. And you know what? That's a very good thing. Because I know many of you are currently sick to the hearts and minds of all the bullshit we hear on t.v. about polotics, war, the economy.
So it's alright to wave the banner for the awaited cd and tour. We certainly need it........because as it stands now there isn't any other American rock & roll group who's standing up and fighting back..........Axl........brother....do it again!!!! Pick up the excalibur and thrust it deep into the bullshit that's getting us twisted in the head again!!!!  rofl smoking
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1122 on: September 21, 2008, 04:55:58 PM »

Wondering if anybody has ever thought of this possibility:  The reason ChiDem has not been released yet is that Axl is waiting out the label...there are many, many stories claiming Axl has a big ego, and he was beaten not once, but twice, in court by the label.  They already gave him his advance...if he waits them out, he can be released from contract, and in his mind - punish them for his loss in court over Live and Greatest Hits.  He could even be responsible for leaks...showing everyone he still has it, keeping interest in live shows, but shutting out the label.

That idea has been floating in my head for years...I hope its just a crazy conspiracy theory.

*****confirmed as crazy conspiracy theory******
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:26:13 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1123 on: October 22, 2008, 02:04:17 PM »

Close this thread...frustrations are OVER!!!!!!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1124 on: October 22, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »

Close this thread...frustrations are OVER!!!!!!

Amen to that!

DOUBLE DEAD HORSE!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1125 on: October 22, 2008, 03:23:46 PM »

Yes close the thread.

There's not more issues.

Or we could keep it open to remind us of our journey to this time

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
makane
Legend

« Reply #1126 on: October 22, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »

Im getting frustrated 'cause its being released... what the hell am I supposed to argue about now? No, really, I though it was quite a fun time to read all crazy shit people came up with, and speculating every single piece of information.
Well, it's not over yet!  Cheesy

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1127 on: October 22, 2008, 05:13:01 PM »

I'm frustrated that it's gonna be a long 31 days till we reach the promised land.  I watched the South Park episode the other day about Cartman trying to freeze himself because he couldn't take the 3 week wait for Nintendo Wii to come out.  It didn't work out too well for him, so I'll just wait it out.  After nine years, what's another month?  I just hope my work understands my productivity may take a hit here for the next month or so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1128 on: October 22, 2008, 05:52:12 PM »

actually...........i'm not fustrated any more.

i can wait 31 days no problem headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1129 on: October 22, 2008, 06:32:04 PM »

it'll probably be the fastest 31 days in a long time!

also i don't think CD is the only single before the record comes out.. slipknot released 2 before their album and metallica relased 4 i think..
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #1130 on: October 22, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »

This Thread is Officially Dead. Rock Music is Back!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1131 on: October 22, 2008, 08:08:55 PM »

it'll probably be the fastest 31 days in a long time!

also i don't think CD is the only single before the record comes out.. slipknot released 2 before their album and metallica relased 4 i think..
I could see that.  Probably not 4 songs, but possibly one more just before CD comes out.  Hit'em with a ballad maybe.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1132 on: October 22, 2008, 10:19:56 PM »

Man, I never thought I would live to see the day...

I still remember when I bought UYI 1 back in 1993, I was 12 years old and it was on an audio cassette. After that I was hoooooked on GNR and they were my favorite band for life. I then got UYI 2, Lies, Appetite (YES, I got appetite last!) and became the biggest GNR freak out there.

I remember having wars with the other kids about the best band the next few years; this was during the grunge era. I specifically remember arguing with some kid about GNR vs. Offspring/Pearl Jam/Nirvana or something and he was like "GNR sucks because they never release albums!". That shut me up pretty good, haha... I remember saying to myself back then "I hope I live until the new Star Wars trilogy and the new GNR album!" (yes, I was very disappointed with Star Wars but I won't go there). Back then those two things were what I looked forward to the most yet seemed so far away.

I remember the internet was fairly new back then, and I would surf the net for all the latest rumors on when the hell the new GNR album would come out. First there was the alt.rock-n-roll.gnr newsgroup, then the Dust N' Bones mailing list, then gnrforum.com, and finally I found this kick ass site. Over the years I would frequent these message boards off and on and get into discussions/arguments, but the MAIN reason was I WANTED TO KNOW WHEN THE HELL THE NEW ALBUM WOULD COME OUT.

I remember there was this interview with Duff back in 94 when he was like "Yeah, we got an album coming out soon, its got 14 songs" and it had me all excited. Then Slash left ("burning hills, CA", "dive in and find the monkey attitude", remember that press release?), then everybody else left. Then silence. Then Axl gets arrested in Phoenix and I was shocked about how different he looked in his mugshot. Then more silence. Even more silence.

The revolving door of members and producers... Josh Freese, Zakk Wylde, Dave Abburezese (Pearl Jam??), Moby, Youth, Dave Navarro, Roy Thomas Baker, etc. etc. etc. Rumors of a techno grunge sound. "Oh My God" comes out (I was personally disappointed).

The stupid rumors and microscopic tidbits of news. The GNFR.COM riddles page. "You will have it in your hands by the end of the year". Reunions with the old gunners. Axl playing Chinese Democracy in a strip club. etc. etc. etc.

Then things started to heat up. Rock In Rio. The 2002 VMAs. Then the aborted tour. Riots. Botox rumors. Missing eyebrows. I started questioning Axl's sanity at this point...

Then the big turning point in my opinion. That Korn thing where Axl shows up and he looks healthier and happy in those pictures. And after that he returns to the public eye with a new tour and public appearances like the MTV Awards and Rosario Dawson's party. AND I FINALLY SEE GNR LIVE IN DEC. 2006. Then all those leaks and now you know this album may actually come out.

And now this. Its finally coming. I can't believe it.

Sorry for the long, rambling, and pointless post. Its just been such a long journey. Time to celebrate on Nov. 25th!  beer
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:22:38 PM by EvilSmurf » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1133 on: October 22, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »

I remember reading updates on GN'R at www.cdnow.com, they had a little "Headlines" section for each band.  I still remember reading:

"Axl Rose Impresses Vegas with his new Guns N' Roses"

I was halfway through high school.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1134 on: October 22, 2008, 11:13:13 PM »

I remember reading updates on GN'R at www.cdnow.com, they had a little "Headlines" section for each band.  I still remember reading:

i'm a senior in high school and i remember the first day of 9th grade when i went through the same ol' same ol' where i'd go to school and then come home and get on the computer trying to find out all i could and all that i missed and i remember thinking, "i can't wait till next tuesday" or what ever release date was given at the time.

its so hard to believe its coming out, the long wait is over, good music is back. ok i just hope when my class graduates that we can have something from the album as our "class song" headbanger either something from CD or COMA and i'd be one happy mother fucker Cool

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1135 on: October 23, 2008, 12:28:35 AM »

i'm a senior in high school and i remember the first day of 9th grade when i went through the same ol' same ol' where i'd go to school and then come home and get on the computer trying to find out all i could and all that i missed and i remember thinking, "i can't wait till next tuesday" or what ever release date was given at the time.

its so hard to believe its coming out, the long wait is over, good music is back. ok i just hope when my class graduates that we can have something from the album as our "class song" headbanger either something from CD or COMA and i'd be one happy mother fucker Cool
10 years ago, when I graduated high school (where did the time go), I made a push for "Patience" to be our class song and "November Rain" to be our prom song.  I lost on both accounts.  Our class song ended up being, "This Is The Time To Remember" by Billy Joel, and our prom song believe it or not was ACDC's "You Shook Me All Night Long".

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1136 on: October 23, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »

Yesterdays would be a good graduation song  hihi

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #1137 on: October 24, 2008, 12:48:52 PM »

It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!

Holy shit!

It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!It's happening!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #1138 on: November 02, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »

Great, just heard the good news a couple minutes ago... I wonder why he took so long.

Congrats anyway AXL.
U da man.....

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: